019

(BxB-Series) Rebirth: Book 1 - Untangle the Bloody Red Strings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID3]THAT CONFESSION[/CONTENTID3]

[CONTENTID2]Chanyeol & Punch - Stay With Me (Goblin OST)
[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID1]Doha woke up to a ringing bell of their complex. He wrinkled as he rubbed his eyes, moving a little. Hearing the whimper next to him, Doha halted his movement. Youngdoo who was sleeping moved a little because of Doha. Doha softly rubbed the head whispering sweet nothings and told the other to sleep again. Carefully he slipped out from their cocoon of soft mattress and went to get the door. Reminded that he was shirtless, Doha managed to grab a bathrobe and walked to the main door. He opened it as telling the guest to wait in English. Doha froze at the door when he saw the guest. “Father.”

“Finally. I found you.” Doha’s first instinct was to close the door but the old man held it first. “Wait.”

“I’m no longer known you and I want you to leave me alone.”

“I know that.” The old man exhaled. “Jihoon actually did a great job hiding you and warned me enough not to find you.” The old man handed an envelope to Doha. “I come to give this.” Doha wrinkled.

“What is this? Why you’re giving this personally?” The old man just exhaled.

“I’m done here.” The old man said and looked at Doha. The envelope already fell in Doha’s hand. “This is the very last time I will see you I guess if you’re still mad at me, so I hope you have a good life with that guy.” The old man flashed a light smiled and walked away. Doha stunned, he was shocked to see a smile on that old man’s lips. He didn’t mind to stop his father as he examined the brown envelope carefully. He closed the door and walked back to the bedroom. Youngdoo was up when Doha stepped into the room.

“Who’s that?” Youngdoo asked sleepily.

“Father.” A pin drop silence erupted in the room before Youngdoo jumped up to sit, staring at Doha.

“Your father?” Doha nodded. “Why he’s here? Are you okay, babe?” Youngdoo asked worriedly. Doha just nodded absentmindedly. Doha showed Youngdoo the envelope. The other pulled Doha to sit on the bed, his sleepiness had longer ago disappeared.

“I… am afraid.” Doha said very lowly. Youngdoo held his hand.

“Do you want me to open it instead?” Doha bit his lips and nodded. Youngdoo took the envelope and slowly opened it for Doha, taking few papers inside. Doha didn’t dare to peek but just let Youngdoo skimmed through the papers. Youngdoo’s face frowned a bit and he bit his lips. Doha studied Youngdoo’s expression.

“What is it, Doo?” Youngdoo took a breath and gave the paper instead.

“I think it’s better for you look on it yourself.” Doha wrinkled and hesitantly took the paper. Youngdoo put his arm around Doha’s shoulder. Doha read the papers.

‘Ownership transfer.’ Doha blinked and looked through the whole papers in his hand. “Wh- what…” Doha was completely in silence when he noticed there’s a letter that resembled a will at the last page. Doha began to read.

‘I, Park Dongshin, the owner of all the assets and shares that had been stated in the papers will transfer everything to my one and only son, Park Doha, if something bad ever happened to me and if I’m in the inability to take responsibility on my position in the company, my son will replace me. Signed by Park Dongshin in May 25, XXXX’

“Your father left a will a lot longer before he decided to marry you off.” Doha wrinkled.

“I don’t understand this, Youngdoo.” Youngdoo shook his head.

“I’m not sure either, babe.” Doha got to get his phone and dialed the number that he had been long forgotten to dial. Youngdoo just stayed silent beside the other. The call was picked up. Doha took a breath. “Why you’re giving me this?”

“Just know that I live every day to make your life easier.” A soft huff heard on the other line. Doha wrinkled.

“Father.”

“Doha, my son. I know it’s very wrong of me to try forcing you married Jihoon but I did it for you, for your life. So that you can live in bliss of luxury.”

“Father, we’re well off on our own. I don’t see the need.”

“I know. But for me, money matters more. And all that I acquired until today is just me wanted to do everything for you.”  Doha bit his lips.

“Father, that’s a very wrong concept of you. I don’t want money; I just want love and care from you. I will be happy as long as I have that.”

“I know. I see that now.” A soft chuckle that long ago he missed erupted from the other line. Doha almost cried and Youngdoo rubbed his back, comforting the other. Doha looked up to his lover as his father continued. “Jihoon proved to me that happiness you need is love and care. He updated me about your life once a while you know. Do you ever know that he was watching you there?”

“Huh?”

“He showed me how you’re so happy with your life now, with that young guy. I saw the smile that you lost since your mother left me and that made me thinking of her words when I win the custody on you.” Doha clutched his phone tighter as his father talked about his birth mother. His father married twice, the first wife who was his birth mother got divorced and Doha never see her anymore after that day while the second wife who Doha respected her as his stepmother died few years ago in an accident. “She had predicted you won’t be truly happy with me. And she’s right. I should let you go with her instead.”

“Father.”

“I’m sorry for the past and I know that the wealth I had given to you won’t make up my mistake but I think it’s better for you to have it. You can do whatever you want with it. It had been officially transferred to your name even the will says it will be legit after I died.” Doha could feel a smile on his father’s lips in the next word. “I hope we could meet someday when I’m ready to face you and forgive myself for hurting you. I believe that young guy could treat you better and I know you will be happy.”

“Father, don’t go anywhere I can’t find you.”

“I will be around, just let’s give in to the fate of how and when we will reunite again, son.” Doha sobbed. Youngdoo hugged the other. “Stop crying, it’s ugly.”

“Father.” The old man hummed. “I never regret staying with you. I love you, father.”

“Thank you son and I love you too. Tell Youngdoo I won’t ever forgive him if he made you cry.” Doha sniffled and hummed. “Bye, son. Hope to see you soon.”

Doha croaked a sobbing bye and the call ended. Doha buried his face into Youngdoo’s chest, crying a little bit more. It pained Youngdoo to see and hear his precious cried but he tried his best to comfort the other. He waited for Doha to calm down before asking what happened.

 

 

Wonwoo stared at Mingyu who was organizing the papers on the coffee table. Chan and Junhwi had left for lunch and Mingyu didn’t feel like eating yet so the two stayed back in Chan’s office until the other couple returned. The elder was thinking about something Jihoon had told him previously. He had been pondering over it for some time now but he didn’t get the chance to say it to Mingyu just yet. About his parents. Now that Wonwoo wanted nothing but to tie the knot with the younger (even though they’re just hitting it off together), he felt the need to meet the parents together and started to get along as he’s serious with Mingyu and he wanted to tell the other about it. “Do I have something on my face?” Wonwoo startled.

“Huh, what?” Mingyu looked up from the paper.

“You had been staring me for about 15 minutes.” Mingyu scanned through Wonwoo’s face. “You’re thinking about something. What’s bothering you?” Mingyu set the papers down and stared at Wonwoo, prompting him to start talking. Wonwoo stared Mingyu for a while before smiling.

“Mingyu ah.” Mingyu raised his brow. “Do you want to get married with me?” Mingyu choked his spit.

“What the hell, Wonwoo?” Wonwoo grinned. Mingyu face-palmed. “Yah, we’re not even together that long and you already think of that?”

“I love you and I know you love me too, can’t I think of that? Well, you know it better I just want you and no one else and I want to grow old with you and of course as your hubby.” Wonwoo grinned when Mingyu was flustered but the younger scoffed seconds later.

“No.” Wonwoo’s face fell. Mingyu exhaled. “Let’s not talk about this now.”

“Are you… does you not want to marry me then?” Wonwoo asked. Mingyu didn’t like the voice Wonwoo was using right now and he’s pretty sure Wonwoo misunderstood him.

“Look, Woo. This is too early for me. I get what you mean, but this is too sudden for me and I need time. It’s not that I don’t want to marry you.” Mingyu blushed to his own word but cleared his throat. “Anyway, it’s too early for that.” Wonwoo got up and got closer to Mingyu. Mingyu just watched him moving and the gentle fingers held his chin delicately as if it was made with glass. Mingyu shuddered to the amount of care that Wonwoo always oozed out in every of his movement for him.

“I’m sorry, I know… actually it’s not about this that I want to say earlier.” Wonwoo gave a peck on the lips. Very soft and tender but Mingyu felt the hint of hesitancy in it. He searched for Wonwoo’s eyes. Without exactly knowing why, he was nervous.

“What’s wrong, Wonwoo?” Wonwoo took a breath.

“I need you to stay calm to whatever I’m going to tell you from here.” Mingyu wrinkled. The hint of seriousness in Wonwoo’s voice didn’t calm his heart. He was very anxious.

“Don’t be like this, you scared me.” Wonwoo smiled.

“If you’re thinking of me leaving you or something sort, don’t worry, it’s not. I love you too much to do that, not when after I went through all those days.” Mingyu smiled sadly. “Nope, don’t feel sorry. I love you, that’s why and I’m fine because you love me.”

Mingyu leaned forward and placed a kiss on the lips. “Why you’re so perfect? What did I do in the past life to have you today?” Wonwoo smiled.

“Being an angel.” Mingyu rolled his eyes and playfully slapped Wonwoo. Wonwoo laughed as he sat down beside Mingyu. The sweetness now replaced with the earlier seriousness when the silence fell upon them.

“Wonwoo, don’t make me wait.” Wonwoo smiled and took Mingyu’s hands.

“If we’re going to step into a marriage, we need to meet each other family, you know?” Mingyu stiffened to that word. Wonwoo noticed and squeezed his lover’s hand. “Babe, there’s something you need to know about your parents.” Mingyu wrinkled and turned to Wonwoo. Wonwoo gave a weary smile. “They’re alive and healthy.” Mingyu was shocked.

“What? How-”

“Jihoon had told me this.” Mingyu wrinkled. He was questioning himself; did his master keep a secret from him? Wonwoo took a breath and intertwined their fingers. Mingyu waite

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter