016

(BxB-Series) Rebirth: Book 1 - Untangle the Bloody Red Strings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID3]LOVE IS TO FIGHT BUT SOMETIMES IS TO LET GO[/CONTENTID3]

[CONTENTID2]Davichi - Forgetting You (Scarlet Heart Ryeo OST)
[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID1]Soonyoung stood in front of the ward door again. Today was exactly a month since the incident happened. After some time pondering over the truth he got to know, he thought it’s time to face Jihoon and Seungcheol again. Soonyoung remembered his sister’s words two days ago. He contacted her to ask about what Mingyu had told him, confirming it after a long thought.

“Yeah. He did that. Not only us, he did give happiness and protection to others including Mingyu.” Soonyoung took a breath. “Mingyu didn’t know this; he’s one of the people that Jihoon’s father used to threaten him. Mingyu’s family was still under his control all these times.” Soonyoung opened the door with determined steps. “Mingyu’s parents are still alive and locked inside the psychiatric hospital. Jihoon was still finding a way to get them out, the last time I know.”

Jihoon turned and saw Soonyoung when he heard the door opened. The first thing that he did was standing up and stopping Soonyoung from coming closer. Soonyoung noticed the glint of anger and anxiety when Jihoon saw him. He remembered Mingyu’s words. “I come to apologize.”

“I don’t need that. I’m sure Mingyu already went to you and warned you.” Soonyoung nodded.

“Yes, he did. And recently he came to me again.” Jihoon looked at Soonyoung. Soonyoung took a breath. “He asked me to ask noona about you.” Jihoon wrinkled. He was thinking of something while Soonyoung looked over to the lying body. He felt bad and his heart pained remembering he was a part of the reasons why Seungcheol was lying on that bed right now.

“What did she told you? How Mingyu…”

“Mingyu served you as the assistant long enough. He must know most of you.” Soonyoung stared at Jihoon. “But he didn’t know about himself.” Jihoon bit his lips.

“How much did you know?” Soonyoung shrugged.

“Whatever noona knows.” Jihoon looked away.

“Leave.” Soonyoung smirked, as if he knew Jihoon would say that.

“I know you will never say it, you even wish no one would know. I will leave it as that. But I came to apologize properly.” Soonyoung bowed a bit. Jihoon raised his brow. “I’m sorry for what had happened. I really hope Seungcheol ssi will wake up and everything is fine. You can do whatever you want if something bad happened but I really hope it won’t. I do love him, Jihoon.” Jihoon clenched his fists. “But I will stop from here. I don’t want him to get hurt.”

“You should.” Jihoon muttered. Soonyoung straightened his back and stared at Jihoon.

“But promise me, you will treat him right. I love him; my feelings for him are real. I know he won’t come to me like I wanted, so I need to let him go. But I really hope you won’t hurt Seungcheol ssi again.” Soonyoung paused. “If he was hurt and I happened to know that, I will take him for real. Far, far away from you.” Jihoon flexed his fists.

“I won’t let that happen.” Soonyoung nodded.

“I hold onto your word.” Soonyoung reached to pat Jihoon’s shoulder. It was awkward and startling for Jihoon. “Find your happiness too. Thank you for everything, Jihoon. I’m sorry too.” Soonyoung flashed a smile and then left after glancing at Seungcheol for a while. “Good bye.” Soonyoung closed the door. Jihoon stared at the closed door. The little smile plastered on his lips.

“I hope we will see each other again when you’re fine.” Jihoon whispered softly, reaching to touch where the pat was. Another wave of warmth and relief washed over his cold heart, melting the ice tiny bits.

Outside, Soonyoung was walking with a smile to where his butler was waiting for him. “Master?” Soonyoung smiled to him.

“I want to have a break. Will you accompany me, hyung?” Doyoon smiled and nodded.

“I’m living to serve you, master.” Soonyoung smiled and thanked the elder. They walked to the car together, looking forward what the future had for them.

 

 

“Hey.” Chan looked up.

“Ah, Seungkwan hyung. Do you have work here?” Seungkwan smiled lightly.

“Yeah, submitting some papers to the CFO.” Seungkwan blatantly lied. He had come to visit Chan almost every day this week with that same lie and just lucky Chan is one innocent soul, he never doubt him. As usual, Seungkwan would come around the lunch where Chan will be alone in the office as usual his driver, Junhwi would go out and return with his lunch later while Mingyu with Wonwoo also would be out for their lunch on their own. Seungkwan put down a cup of smoothie for Chan. “You can fill yourself with this first. I bet Junhwi ssi will take some time to return.” Chan smiled as he took the smoothie.

“Thanks hyung.” Chan sipped it and leaned back to his seat. Seungkwan sat on the seat across him. “How did the drug case go? I didn’t get the chance to ask before.” Seungkwan smiled.

“Don’t worry, Jihoon ssi and you won’t get harmed. The case is ended already, I put a good defense.” Seungkwan smiled with pride. “How are you bearing with this? Did Jihoon ssi ever come to visit?” Chan sighed.

“Bearable but tough. I don’t really like stuff like this but maybe it runs through our blood, I can take it and learn well too. I guess I can actually take over from hyung fully.” Chan laughed. “But I hope he returned. I’m still young for this. I want to enjoy life before I put my hand to help him. And nope, hyung never showed up. Mingyu hyung becomes the one who reported to him everything from here times to times.” Chan played with the straw. “It’s fine thou. I can see he didn’t want to leave Seungcheol hyung at all.”

Seungkwan nodded. “You know.” Chan looked up to the elder. “I’m actually happy Jihoon ssi found Seungcheol ssi.” Chan raised his brow. “You can see yourself how your brother slightly changed after Seungcheol ssi came to the mansion.” Chan nodded.

“Yeah. I know. When I see him after Seungcheol hyung’s accident, he changed.” Seungkwan nodded.

“I hope he finds his happiness. He did enough to everyone.” Chan looked at Seungkwan.

“You sound like you know so much about Jihoon hyung.” Seungkwan smiled lightly. “Can you tell me everything? I- I want to help hyung.” Seungkwan bit his lips. He was hesitate, Jihoon would never wanted Chan or anyone to know what he did, what he had went through. “Hyung, please. I’m very sure the small thing I knew about Inyoung noona, there’s more than that.” Seungkwan frowned.

“How did you know about Inyoung noona?” Chan smiled a little.

“I heard once father and hyung fought about it.” Chan sipped his smoothie again. “I went to ask Yul hyung later before they get married and he told me few things.” Seungkwan sighed.

“Jihoon ssi chose not to say anything and I’m a lawyer, it’s my obligation to keep shut.”

“Hyung.” Chan was pleading and Seungkwan was torn. He took a breath.

“Will you keep it as a secret?” Chan nodded. “Never get caught by Jihoon ssi.” Chan assured him with a promise. Seungkwan was about to tell when the door opened. Junhwi came in with a lunchbox. Chan looked over and sighed. Seungkwan got up as Junhwi put the lunchbox on the coffee table at the couch.

“Your lunch, Chan.” Chan nodded. Seungkwan turned to Chan.

“I will tell you next time.” Chan glanced at the planner on his table.

“Are you free tonight? Let’s get a dinner and we talk, hyung.” Seungkwan startled, heart racing. His mind easily swayed to the thought of dinner date with Chan. He cleared his throat when he almost caught off guard.

“Ah, okay. Tell me the place later.” Seungkwan turned to Junhwi. “See you again.” Junhwi bowed. Seungkwan walked to the door, Chan followed sending him to the door. The young lawyer turned to Chan and ruffled the younger hair, giggling. “Meet you tonight.” Seungkwan beamed and left. Chan startled but then pouted as he fixed his hair. Junhwi just watched somehow feeling his heart ached. He didn’t really like seeing Seungkwan around Chan as he classified that young lawyer as a flirty one. Chan walked to the couch and sat down. Junhwi passed the chopstick and handed the box.

“Where’s yours?” Chan asked as he noticed there’s only one box.

“I’m fine.” Chan frowned. He pulled Junhwi to sit beside him.

“You should eat too.” Chan took the eggroll with his chopstick and brought it to Junhwi’s mouth. The bodyguard startled. Chan wriggled his eyebrows, telling Junhwi to open his mouth.

“But Chan this-” Chan used that opportunity to feed Junhwi. The younger giggled as he saw the flustered elder.

“We’re sharing this.” Chan beamed and fed himself. Junhwi’s heart leaped. And as usual, Chan remained oblivious.

 

 

That same night where Chan went to meet Seungkwan – in which the lawyer just let Chan knew few things he thought it’s okay for Chan to know, the younger Lee had already arranged the plan for Myungho to confess to Mingyu. He had used Junhwi to get Mingyu and bring him to the restaurant where Myungho already waited for him. Junhwi’s task was to make sure Wonwoo lose sight of Mingyu.

Myungho fidgeted in his seat as he waited for Mingyu’s arrival. He was thinking and muttering over his speech to convey his feelings. “Myungho?” The guy jumped and turned as he stood up.

“Hi, Mingyu.” Mingyu nodded and turned to Junhwi.

“You said-”

“It’s Chan’s order. I just followed him, Mingyu ssi.” Junhwi pulled the seat for Mingyu. Mingyu just stared at Junhwi with questions but sat down. Myungho sat down as well. Junhwi retreated as his task was done by now. Mingyu looked over Myungho.

“Why we are here?” Myungho scratched his hair.

“Um, let’s eat first?” Myungho smiled awkwardly and called for the waiter. The young guy came over and the two ordered something. The silence fell in between them after the waiter left. It was very awkward. Mingyu took a breath.

“Myungho, what actually we’re doing here?” Mingyu asked as he couldn’t take it any longer. Myungho bit his lips, fidgeting with his fingers under the table.

“I- um…” Myungho took a breath. Mingyu waited for the next word. Myungho took a breath. “IlikeyouMingyu.” Myungho said quickly in one breath. It took a while for Mingyu to decipher what he was saying anf the assistant stared at Myungho for a while after he understood that. Myungho didn’t look up, still gathering some courage to continue his word.

“Myungho, I-”

“I really, really like you. Ever since I saw you first time at the mansion, you’re ethereal. I don’t know, maybe your stunning figure, maybe your charming face or anything, I don’t know what makes you stood out from others. But when I read myself, I know I have fall for you. So deep.” Myungho finally looked up. Mingyu was about to continue his words earlier when Myungho cut him first. “Will you go out with me?”

Mingyu took a breath. “Myungho, I actually…” Mingyu paused when he saw a familiar glimpse at the corner of his eyes. He wrinkled but then focused on the matter at his hand. “I’m very sorry, Myungho. I’m incapable to have feelings for someone at this moment.”

Myungho looked at him. “May I know why? Do you have someone you like?” Mingyu exhaled and nodded.

“I’m sorry. I- even I’m not liking someone; I can’t accept your feelings. I’m very sorry; you appeared more like a friend to me. I can’t like you more than that.” Myungho bit his lips.

“But I can make you like me. I’m confident enough.” Myungho said.

“But you’re a step late. I’m courting him first.” Myungho startled and turned. Mingyu sighed, he wasn’t mistaken then. He did saw Wonwoo just now. Junhwi appeared behind the guy, biting his lips. He didn’t know or notice Wonwoo followed them when he brought Mingyu here. Somehow, he failed half of the order from Chan.

“Wonwoo. Stop.” Mingyu said as he looked over the man. Wonwoo shook his head.

“No, he should know I confessed first and you rejected me but I’m in my way to make you say yes. I don’t need an unnecessary competition here.” Myungho stood up, facing Wonwoo.

“Are you afraid of losing then?” Wonwoo clenched his fist.

“No, I’m not.” Wonwoo glanced over Mingyu. “I’m very sure he will accept me in the end.” Myungho bit his lips.

“No, I don’t believe it.” Myungho turned to Mingyu. “I’m not giving up, Mingyu.” Mingyu closed his eyes, sighing. Junhwi who was witnessing felt bad for the assistant. He now knew why Chan told him to stop Wonwoo from coming here, the younger Lee already knew Mingyu will be stuck in between and become miserable like this.

“Mingyu, I love you. You know that.” Mingyu sighed as he heard that again. He got up and stared at the two. Myungho was giving him a pleading look while Wonwoo was firm. Mingyu looked over Junhwi.

“Get the car ready, will you Junhwi?” Junhwi nodded and left. Mingyu turned to both of them. “You know this Wonwoo ssi. I can’t love someone else, I can’t. And Myungho, there’s people out there that is better than me. Please find someone else. You to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter