001

(BxB-Series) Rebirth: Book 1 - Untangle the Bloody Red Strings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID3]PROLOGUE[/CONTENTID3]

[CONTENTID2]Btob - I'll be your man
[/CONTENTID2][CONTENTID1]

One

“Annyeonghaseyeo! Choi Seungcheol imnida. Nice to meet you.” The normal boy in uniform bowed to the class as he introduced himself. He smiled when the class seemed welcoming him so well. The teacher nodded and turned to the new boy.

“You can sit at the empty seat there, Seungcheol goon.” Seungcheol nodded. “I hope you can welcomed him warmly, class.” The whole class nodded. Seungcheol was gestured to his seat and the boy walked through the aisle and stopped at the empty seat. He noticed his seatmate and smiled.

“Hi, I hope we can be friend. Nice to meet you, I’m Seungcheol and you?” The boy just glanced and put a small smile.

“Hi, I’m Lee Jihoon.” Seungcheol smiled and sat down. Both of them talked a little before the teacher started to teach.

A week later, Seungcheol and Jihoon grew closer in rapid pace. They’re sharing everything together and their classmate even nicknamed them as a ‘Gum duo’ because they always seen together and stuck like a gum. It was in next three months when Seungcheol accidentally stumbled against his feet and pulled Jihoon down together with him in the middle of the hallway. Everybody saw their fall but none noticed that the two met lips. Jihoon blushed as he got up and it took some time before Seungcheol gathered himself and got up. The crowd were laughing and the duo blushed as they glanced at each other.

Since that day, the two grew awkward together. They tried as much as possible to avoid each other. Their classmate noticed and felt very weird. Everyone suspected the two finally argued. It was a nice sunny weekend when Seungcheol decided he had enough because he missed his best friend so much. He gave a call and asked to meet in the park they often go in the weekend.

Seungcheol was waiting patiently to the arrival of Jihoon. He was nervously looking at the clock on his phone’s screen. While he was thinking about the time, his memories with Jihoon passed through and at that point he noticed, he had been in love with his own friend. Regaining new will to mend the awkward relationship and be truthful, Seungcheol noticed his phone blaring with lights as a call came in. He smiled as he picked the phone. “Hello? Hey, Jihoon. I’m already here, aren’t you so late-”

“Sir, are you a friend of this phone owner? We tried to contact his parents but it didn’t get through.”

Seungcheol wrinkled. “Who is this?”

“This is hospital and this phone owner had involved in an accident. I contacted you as in the latest call log it was your number. I hope you could come to the hospital with his legal guardian.” Seungcheol froze on his feet. He croaked an answer and nervously pushed the button to call Jihoon’s parents. He couldn’t move at the moment, his mind was not in the right state. He even failed to call the parents. His fingers trembled hard. When he tried the umpteenth time, a message came in. Seungcheol read on the notification and saw Jihoon’s number. A voicemail.

“Seungcheol…” Tears pooled down his cheeks to hear the soft weak voice. Seungcheol guessed it was after the accident. “If I can’t meet you, I just want you to know that I- I’m sorry. Seung- Seungcheol, I didn’t mean- to avoid you but- I- I’m afraid. Since that- ki- kiss, I had a weird feeling. Seungcheol- I- I like you…” The voicemail was ended with a sound of kicking and turned off. Someone might be accidentally knocked the phone when attending Jihoon. Seungcheol fell on his knees, crying sorrowfully. He felt inside of himself, his source of light dimmed and out. He heard whispers and he somehow knew this life, he will be all alone in this darkness.

 

 

Two

Seungcheol stared at the guy across the road. He was wearing earphones on his both ears, lightly bobbing his head to the music. He recognized the other right away. The one he had been searching for years. The light turned green and people began to move including the guy. Seungcheol walked slowly, approaching the guy. The other didn’t notice him. Seungcheol was quick when they passed each other. The guy flinched and turned when someone grabbed his wrist. Seungcheol was turning as well.

“I finally found you.” Seungcheol said and smiled. The guy turned and squinted his eyes. Like a deja-vu, a flash of memories came across him and he widened his eyes as he looked at Seungcheol. “I found you, Jihoon.”

“You-” Seungcheol smiled.

“Nice to meet you again, Lee Jihoon.” Jihoon giggled happily. The traffic began to move again when the light turned red. The two were holding hands smiling into each other’s eyes. They’re happy to meet once again.

“I’m not going to let you go again.”

“Me too.” Seungcheol said.

 

Seungcheol finally settled all his stuffs into Jihoon’s apartment. After a month of going on for dates, Jihoon finally asked Seungcheol to move in with him. Jihoon was a busy vocal trainer at an entertainment agency so he didn’t have much time to meet Seungcheol once he’s in the busy period. The smaller of the two thought it’s better to live together for at least they could meet at home. Seungcheol was so happy to agree because he couldn’t imagine anymore day without seeing Jihoon. He was just a normal office worker in the middle of Seoul so his working pattern will be just the same.

“Darling.” Seungcheol turned and smiled. The bluish haired guy came into the room. “I’m home.”

“Welcome home, love.” Seungcheol opened his arms and the small guy reached for the warmth. Seungcheol kissed the hair for giving some comforts and the small guy heaved in relaxation. “Is it so tiring, Jihoon?”

“Yeah. A bit. But having you now, it’s bearable.” Seungcheol beamed.

“I love you.” Jihoon pulled his face to see Seungcheol. Jihoon gave a peck.

“Me too.” They smiled and spent the night together with full of bliss.

 

“Nooo!” Jihoon’s scream pierced through the air when he saw Seungcheol got hit by the truck. They were crossing the road together but then there’s a truck that losing control. Jihoon was frozen on his feet. Seungcheol who noticed quickly pushed Jihoon away but didn’t manage to safe himself, he got hit instead. Jihoon ran to the bloody body of his love life with tears like rain fell down his cheeks. “Seungcheol, no. Stay with me, please.”

The bloody hand brought up and Jihoon took it. A pain smile from Seungcheol made Jihoon’s heart clenched. Jihoon pressed the semi-warm hands of his boyfriend on his face. “I’m so- sorry, Ji- Jihoon ah. I don’t- I don’t want to leave you.”

“No, please don’t go.”

Seungcheol blinked once. “I- don’t want- want to go. But-” Jihoon shook his head. He actually heard whispers and his heart knew it’s the time again. What happened to Seungcheol in the previous life was bounded to happen to him this time in this life. Jihoon tried to deny. “I love you.”

“I love you too. Please don’t go.”

Seungcheol smiled bitterly. “I’m sorry. I promise I will find you quicker in the next life, I love you Lee Jihoon.”

With that, Jihoon wailed loudly when the hand lost it’s the strength and the eyes closed. Choi Seungcheol had forced to leave Jihoon behind this time.

 

 

Three

“Hello.” The boy blinked as the elder boy approached him. “Papa and mama just moved there. My name is Seungcheol.”

“Korean?” With fluent English, the small boy asked. The elder nodded.

“Eum, yeah. I’m not used to English, so if my accent-”

“Mom taught me Hangul.” The elder boy’s face lit up when the small boy used Hangul to converse. “But I’m not fully good at it.”

“Never mind, I can understand you!” The little Seungcheol beamed. “What’s your name?”

“Jihoon, but everybody call me Woozi.”

“Woozi, Woozi. That’s cool!” Seungcheol beamed. “Should I get English nickname too?” The small boy shrugged.

“Woozi! Come to eat dear!” The small boy turned when someone called him from his house.

“Coming, mom!” He turned back to the elder boy. “My mom called me. Meet you later, uh- um.”

“My name is Seungcheol and I’m gonna use Scoups as my nickname.” Seungcheol beamed. The small boy just looked at him and then nodded as he left. The elder watched the small boy got into the house. He smiled. ‘Moving to US is the greatest decision ever made by Papa. I meet you earlier, Jihoon. Like I have promise to you.’ A rougher voice of the elder boy rang inside him and Seungcheol skipped happily into his own house, announcing to his parents he got new friend next door.

 

“Woozi Lee! Get up you lazy !” The deep voice rang in the silence room. The mentioned guy moved lazily like a cat curling into his blanket. A deep sigh came from the owner of the earlier voice as he set down his school bag on the floor. He cracked his knuckles and began his everyday routine on school days. “Woozi Lee!” The growl came from under the cover.

“Go away, Coups.”

“No way! Come on you will be late!” Seungcheol randomly shook the part he believed Jihoon’s body part to wake the other up. Jihoon grunted and pushed off the blanket, glaring at Seungcheol. “Good, now come on.” Seungcheol pulled Jihoon’s hand to sit. Jihoon was protesting so much, really lazy to go to the school. Seungcheol knew it’s because the smaller stayed up late again for his passion. Jihoon had taken up his late father’s interest and talent in making music since he’s in middle school. Now, even in his high school, he already became a music prodigy and a producer. He did music as a part time stuff and some of his music were purchased by few artists and credited his name, Woozi in their album. Somehow, the name of Woozi already well-known in music industry but no one knew the real Woozi was a lazy high school student.

“Just leave without me.”

“No, I promise to your mom I will make sure you go to school every day while she’s gone for her business.” Jihoon groaned and got up.

“Fine.” Seungcheol smiled. He knew Jihoon would never say no whenever his mother involved. Ever since his father died 10 years ago, Jihoon promised to always obey his mother and make her happy. With that, not even once Jihoon went against his mother’s word. He became ‘yes man’ for his mother.

Jihoon didn’t take much time to get ready. The two went to school with Seungcheol’s father. The ride always filled with Seungcheol’s talks and Jihoon’s indifferent voice, added with Seungcheol’s father chatters. The Chois and Lees already got used to Woozi’s morning moods. Arriving at school, the two students said good bye and thanked the father before entering the school gate. “What time did you go to sleep, Woozi?” Seungcheol asked when Jihoon yawned as they walked. Jihoon shrugged.

“I guess 4?” Seungcheol glanced at the smaller and ruffled his hair. Jihoon grunted. “Yah!”

“Please sleep earlier. You’re losing sleep too much these days.” Jihoon exhaled.

“I’m having a deadline to chase.” Seungcheol just stayed silence at that. He knew Jihoon enjoyed his hobby in composing but seeing the smaller didn’t care about his body and sleeps, Seungcheol felt nervous for Jihoon’s health. Not to mention, Jihoon kept skipping meals too when he was too focused with his works. It’s not even healthy to a growing boy like Jihoon.

Seungcheol halted his step when Jihoon wasn’t beside him. He turned around and blinked when he saw Jihoon was holding his chest. “Jihoon? Hey are you okay?” Quickly Seungcheol moved to stand beside the smaller. Jihoon was rubbing his chest.

“I’m fine.”

“You don’t look fine.”

“It’s not serious. Maybe the breakfast didn’t go down fully yet. I felt hurt a bit here.” Jihoon said and took a breath. “Let’s go, we’re going to be late if we didn’t move now.” Seungcheol looked at Jihoon worriedly. “It’s nothing. Let’s go!”

Seungcheol had to let this one thing go when the bell rang and also Jihoon was so determined to shrug off this topic.

 

“I’m very sorry to tell you but Woozi is in last stage of lung cancer.” Seungcheol heard the gasp from Jihoon’s mother and he wasn’t in the better condition either. He tried to hold Jihoon’s mother as the lady lost all her strength after hearing the doctor’s word but he couldn’t stand too. He fell on the chairs while his father supported the poor mother. “He’s in the ICU ward. We need to put him in an extra care.”

“H- how-” Mrs Lee tried to get out her question. “How long he has…”

The doctor took a breath. “A month or two. “ The air around them stood still. The mother cried so hard and Seungcheol let his tears down freely. He couldn’t think. ‘No, why you want to take him away again…’ Seungcheol heard his own voice inside his head.

Mr and Mrs Choi assisted Mrs Lee into her son’s ward. Seungcheol was numbed at the door, watching Jihoon from outside. ‘Woozi…’ Seungcheol couldn’t stop his tears when the weak boy opened his eyes, staring at the glass that separated them. The parents were talking to him but the eyes shot towards the elder guy outside the ward.

‘Don’t leave me again. I didn’t yet have the chance to tell you my feelings.’ Seungcheol touched the glass. A small smile curved on Jihoon’s lips. He was moving his lips weakly.

‘I’m sorry, Coups.’ Seungcheol’s legs felt numb and his knees buckled. The poor young guy fell on his knees, sobbing real hard in front of the ward.

Exactly two months later, Lee Jihoon left an empty void in Choi Seungcheol’s heart till the later breathed out his last in next 20 years.

 

 

Four

“Jihoon.” Jihoon looked and smiled when he saw his best friend, Wonwoo.

“Hey, Jeon.” Jihoon pushed the menu to Wonwoo. The guy skimmed through it. “I have ordered thou. I dunno what you want.”

“Okay, noted.” Wonwoo called up the waiter and read out his order. After the waiter left, Wonwoo looked at Jihoon. “So what’s the matter?” Jihoon took a breath.

“Would you know why my heart recently felt weird?” Wonwoo raised his brow.

“I’m a doctor not a fortune-teller. You need to say in details.” Jihoon pouted.

“I was about to start.”

“You paused too long.”

“Jeon.” Wonwoo laughed. Jihoon rolled his eyes before continuing his story. “I think it started in last week? Or a week before that, I don’t remember it exactly but I suddenly felt it empty. Void. As if it’s not beating.” Wonwoo stared at Jihoon. The smaller continued. “I don’t know how to describe it.”

“As if you don’t feel anything?” Jihoon nodded. “Did you feel emotion like anger, happiness, sadness etc?”

“I don’t know. I maybe feel bit anger but it’s always dull since the first time and sometimes I found myself crying in my sleep. I don’t know what kind of dream I have but it occurred quite frequent recently.” Jihoon sighed. “What do you think Wonwoo?” Wonwoo placed his arms on the table.

“I don’t know exactly, I never heard of this case. Do you want to get a check up to assure you? I can do an appointment for you.” Wonwoo offered. Jihoon nodded. “Okay then, oh. Did you experience any pain? Fever? Muscle ache?” Jihoon shook his head.

“All is fine except this weird feeling in my chest.” Jihoon rubbed his chest. Wonwoo nodded. They fell in silence as the waiter came with their food. The TV became the best friends’ interest while the food being served. It was currently on the daily news.

“Two from our military team who went to help in the Italy war died in an ambush two weeks ago. Their body was transported back to be buried in their homeland and have arrived in the airport this morning. The family of the two heroes were presented at their funeral. This is Yoo Yongchul of SN news reporting from the royal soldier grave.”

Jihoon blinked. His heart clenched as he read and saw the name and the picture one of the soldiers. His tears suddenly rolled down his cheeks and Wonwoo noticed.

“Jihoon?” Jihoon startled and found Wonwoo’s worried eyes. The smaller tried to stop himself but he sobbed hard as the fact hit him. Few flashes of past lives came to him once he read the familiar name and his question of his weird situation was answered just like that.

My soulmate had left me before we could even meet.

Wonwoo tried to soothe his best friend. He glanced up to the screen again. He noticed Jihoon had seen the same news. The doctor wrinkled. Does Jihoon know anyone of them? Wonwoo read the name. Moon Hwijae and Choi Seungcheol.

 

 

Five

“Your majesty.” The guy in servant cloth called behind the blind. There’s a silhouette, petite but intimidating, was wearing clothes.

“Just come in, Choi.” The servant guy bit his lips.

“No, you’re wearing your cloths, your Majesty.” As if he could see, the servant guy knew his King was rolling his eyes behind the blind.

“Come in!” The servant gulped and slowly made a way at the side of the blind. He stepped in but carefully didn’t look straight at the King. “What are you doing?”

“I come in, your Majesty. What I need to do for you?”

“Turn and look at me.”

“But…”

“Choi Seungcheol.” The servant nodded and slowly turned to him. His eyes closed. A loud sighed heard and Seungcheol flinched to the sudden touch on both of his shoulders. Unconsciously he opened his eyes and froze to see the smile that always succeeds to enchant him. But he would never say those words out loud. Because he is a servant and the one he admired is the King, they’re not a perfect fit. “You’re being too careful today.”

“I’m still same old, your Majesty.” The petite King pouted. Seungcheol would say that pout maybe no one else would ever see it except him, but he knew that only for him to know.

“It’s just two of us here. You’re not taking my order again.”

“Someone might be outside, your Majesty.” Seungcheol retorted. The King shot a glare and bit his lips.

“No one is allowed to step into my chamber since yesterday night except you.” Seungcheol looked away when he was stared intensely by the King. “Call me Jihoon, I order you Seungcheol.” Seungcheol bit his lips.

“Your Majesty, I-” A grunt and Seungcheol was shut up by a kiss. The servant tried to pull back but the King was faster, he threaded his fingers into the hair and pressed the other towards him. The servant gathered all his strong will not to fall into the kiss. He was tempted so much but he couldn’t let himself fall. Or he might fall into a deep trouble.

Jihoon pulled back sighing. “You’re still rejecting even though I tried everything to assure you that I won’t get you in trouble. I promise you I will protect you.” Jihoon stared up to his servant. “I love you Seungcheol and I know you love me too. Just let go of yourself and I will protect you.”

“Your Majesty…” Jihoon frowned and stepped back. Seungcheol bit his lips.

“I will be ready in a minute. Tell the kitchen to serve me food at the main castle.” Jihoon’s strict and hard tone rang as he turned to get another layer of his royal cloth. Seungcheol bit his lips and just bowed as he retreated from the room. He knew Jihoon was mad at him and he couldn’t blame that because he knew he hurts Jihoon who was so sincere since the first time that strict King confessed his true feelings for Seungcheol. He wanted to love Jihoon, he craved to do so, but he knew it’s not only him will be in deep trouble if he admitted his love. He might pull his beloved into the same trouble. He didn’t want to risk Jihoon’s fortune. Jihoon is the country’s King and he is just a mere servant.

 

The majestic lady in royal cloth stared sharply at the normal orphan servant before her eyes. “You’re Choi Seungcheol?” The nervous servant nodded in reply. “You’re King Jihoon’s personal servant, right?”

“Yes, your Highness.” Seungcheol was trembling inside. Once Jihoon left this morning with the army for a war at the southern, he was called to the Queen’s chamber. The Queen, Jihoon’s mother requested to meet him. He never met the Queen since he entered the palace because he was specially picked by Jihoon when they crossed path at the t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter