Chapter 9

❣ Soulmates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There hadn’t been one single moment you had been able to find peace. You walked from one side of the room towards the other, trying to get all of the remaining energy out of your system. But no matter how much you moved, you just couldn’t seem to feel sleepy in any way. It had been two days since Baekhyun had left you after he had kissed you and it had been seven hours since your mother had firstly opened her eyes after her accident. She had been scared and disoriented, but what she had told you had been something you hadn’t been able to forget. You turned your phone inside of your hand and wished that he would finally return your calls or to any of your texts. You had no idea why you desperately wanted to hear something from him, to ask him for an explanation or to hear that he was doing okay. But so far you still hadn’t heard anything from him and something told you that it wasn’t a very smart idea to just go to his house to look for him. The fact that he hadn’t returned probably had something to do with everything he had told you and that he hadn’t been able to take care of everything just yet. He had asked you to trust him, and you were trying really hard to do so but you were slowly starting to loose your patience. You had also tried to communicate with him a few times by using telepathy, but he hadn’t replied.The emptiness you had been feeling on the other side had been cold and scary, which made you even more worried that something might have happened to him. 

 

 

Because you couldn’t do anything else you sat back down next to your dad’s bad and hoped that he would wake up as well. Maybe he would be able to tell you something more, something your mother hadn’t told you already. Her words had given you much to think about and now that Baekhyun hadn’t been with you to accompany you, you had been able to overthink things much more than you used to. If there was one thing you knew for sure right now was that something was very wrong and that your neighbor had something to do with it. But you refused to believe that he was part of the bad side of the story, that just wasn’t possible. You had already figured out that he was having secrets from you, he had already proven that to you when he had told you that normal people didn’t have soulmates. That meant that he wasn’t just a normal person, but what did that say about you? You also had a soulmate, did that meant that you weren’t just a normal human as well? When he had left with had seemed as if he had known something about you that you hadn’t known, as if he knew more about your past then you did. He had made you curious and there were so many things you wanted to ask him once the time was right. Did he know who you were, something about your past, what you were? You wished that you could make him sit down and talk to you, that you could force things out of him. 

 

 

But then there were still the things that your mom had tried to tell you when she had been awake. You had been right when you had told Baekhyun that this accident hadn’t just been just a coincidence, it had been planned. Someone had driven into them with another car, on purpose. Before your mom had lost consciousness she had been able to see how one of the men who had been sitting in that car had stepped out and had walked away, without calling an ambulance. He had just left them there, waiting for them to die. It wasn’t even that part that made the whole story so messed up, it was because those men had been completely fine. There had been nothing wrong with them, not even a scratch and they had been able to get out of the car and walk away as if nothing had happened. The impact of the crash had been so big that it had almost caused your parents to get killed, so how was it able that they had been completely fine? The more you thought about it, the more you realized that something was completely wrong with that. No one was able to get out of an accident like that without a single scratch, that was unless there was something else going on. Slowly the pieces were starting to together inside of your mind and you were starting to fix the puzzle. It didn’t matter if Baekhyun thought that it wasn’t the right moment for you to figure out what was going on, if it meant that your parents would be safe then that was all that was important to you. 

 

 

Besides, you couldn’t shake off the feeling that something had happened t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter