Chapter 15

❣ Soulmates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A sigh left your lips which caused a cloud of your warm breathing to appear in front of you. Your legs were tired from walking and your fingers were freezing, it seemed as if they were going to fall off. It had helped that you had been able to have a conversation with Baekhyun who was walking next to you. But a while ago he had also seemed to have other things on his mind and he was no longer into a conversation. There was only a small chance that he was cold, it didn’t seem as if the weather was bothering him. If you could only find out what he was thinking about. Did he feel bad because you got stuck into the horrible situation and that he wasn’t able to keep you safe? You crossed your arms over your chest and tried to keep yourself warm. You’d probably feel much better if you could cuddle against your soulmate, but he had separated himself from you. There was a small distance between the two of you and you wondered if you had done something wrong. Why was he being so distant all of a sudden? If this was his idea of protecting you then you were already able to say that you weren’t going to let him do this. If you wanted to win this fight then you wanted to do it together with him, you wanted to be by his side. You turned your head to him and saw that his muscles were tensed and his hands had formed fists next to his sides. 

 

 

He looked everything but relaxed and you slightly began to worry about him. Was he angry at you for asking him to go on this walk with your parents? You had told him that he hadn’t been required to go. Maybe next time you just had to listen to your intuition, because it seemed to tell you what to do more often. You had had a bad feeling about this whole situation from the beginning, but back then you had thought that it had been because your parents wouldn’t accept Baekhyun as your boyfriend. Turned out that this had been a whole different sign. “Are you okay?” You asked, not thinking that telepathy was such a very good idea at this moment. He didn’t look like he was into a conversation inside of his head right now. Besides, your parents would probably feel better if they heard that they two of you were still talking to each other. “Yes, I’m okay.” He said, not even turning his head to look at you. You blinked your eyes at him in confusion as you tried to figure out what was going on. It was slowly starting to make you feel upset, being in this situation and not having his support at all. After all this was all your fault, because you hadn’t been able to push away the feeling you had been having for Baekhyun. If you had fought them harder or if you had just handled all of this in a different way then everything would be safe right now. 

 

 

“You shouldn’t blame yourself for something that’s not your fault.” His voice made you look up at him, glad that he had finally found his voice again and that he was talking to you. You saw that it caused him a lot of effort to turn his head even the slightest big and look in your direction. That was when you noticed that his eyes were darker than usual and that his skin seemed really pale. There was a restrained and even a concentrated look on his face, as if he needed all his strength in order to keep himself focussed. You couldn’t help yourself when your heart started to beat faster because of the beastly expression on his face and he quickly turned himself away from you, realizing what he was showing you. It didn’t take very long for you to understand what was going on and you immediately felt worried about him, a feeling that surprised you. You had always though t that you didn’t want to have anything to do with this side of him, but now that it was time to deal with it you noticed that you didn’t have such a big problem with it at all. Right now you were just worried about the fact that your parents were here, if he would loose his self control then this all would have been for nothing. 

 

 

“Wait! I have to pee.” You said, gaining the attention of your parents who were a few steps ahead of you. They turned around, your father with a clearly annoyed expression on his face because they had to stop. “Can’t you hold it in a little longer honey, we’ll be home soon.” He said while staring down on the screen on his phone like he had been doing for a while now. It was great that he was taking the lead, but you wondered if he had any idea where he was going, because it didn’t look like you had become any closer to the car. “We’ve been walking for hours and who knows how long this is still going to take. If I won’t go now then my bladder will explode.” You said and hoped that they couldn’t see that you were lying straight into their face. Next to you Baekhyun was secretly giving you a weird look, but he was smart enough not to say anything about it. With a frustrated sigh your dad motioned that you had to do what you had to do and y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter