Chapter 17

❣ Soulmates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When you woke up the next morning Baekhyun was gone. Even though you understood that he didn’t want to risk getting caught by your parents you were still a little bit disappointed when you woke up by yourself. You had really enjoyed his arms around you and his chest pressed against your back as he had been spooning you underneath the blankets. One time you had woken up and when you had turned around the check on him he had been deeply asleep. He had been looking so cute while sleeping next to you like that and you wished that you could do something like that every single night. While thinking back about your behavior last night your cheeks began to burn. You couldn’t believe you had almost begged him to do things with your last night. But then again you still remembered how it had felt to be so close to him, to kiss him like that and to feel his hands on your body. With a small growl you pressed your face into the pillow as you tried to push away the memories. You’d have to deal with this now, because you couldn’t take back what you had done and said. 

 

 

There weren’t any specific things you had planned during this weekend. Normally you’d rush yourself into the homework you had to do for next week, to find your escape in your books and papers. But unlike other times you didn’t really feel like doing that. The thing was that this time you didn’t not want to think about your past and about your childhood. Baekhyun had given you a reason not to crawl away behind your desk and to keep studying for hours. You were no longer the girl without a past, you were the girl with a past she didn’t know anything about. But you did have parents and you did have a life before your parents adopted you, you just didn’t know anything about it anymore. Maybe they were still alive, the people who used to call you their child? The question was if you wanted to find them. Even though you were glad to find out that you were starting to get to know more about yourself, you were also scared of everything that could get out of this. What if your parents didn’t want to have anything to do with you? What if they wanted you back and wanted you to become a family again? But you wanted to know who they were and especially what kind of a magical creature on of the two had been. 

 

 

“___________, honey! Will you come down for a minute please?” The voice of your mom made you wake up from your dazed state and you sighed deeply as you thought about getting out of bed. It wasn’t that early, but you didn’t feel like getting up just yet. It was so nice and comfortable underneath the blankets, you didn’t feel the need to get up. But you soon noticed who it was that was waiting for you downstairs so you quickly threw the covers back and speed walked towards the door. Even though you had only seen him last night it felt as if you had had to miss him for too long. You were happy that he had returned and that he came to see you. Normally you would have been embarrassed to appear in front of hi min your pajamas but since he had already seen it from up close you didn’t care anymore. You skipped down the stairs as immediately noticed him standing in the living room, while your parents were sitting on the couch. They seemed to be surprised that you were so happy and that you had woken up so fast, but didn’t say anything. Instead of bothering about their presence you walked over to Baekhyun and threw yourself into his arms, enjoying the feeling of his embrace. 

 

 

“Good morning.” You said against his shoulder and heard him chuckle because of your enthusiastic reaction. You couldn’t deny that you missed him every second that he wasn’t with you and that you longed for him each time he was away. You were sure that no one else had that kind of a feeling, not the way that you did, because of your connection with him. You wondered if it was the same for everyone who had a soulmate, if they all had these strong feelings for each other. It would be nice if you could talk to another girl who also had a soulmate, just to talk to her and to ask her some things. Would he ever introduce you to any of his friends? It couldn’t be that he didn’t have any friends who were just like him, and they also had a soulmate, unless they hadn’t found them. “I actually wanted to invite you to go for a walk or something.” Baekhyun said and looked at you while waiting for your answer. He had probably heard all the questions inside of your head, and you were so excited to know that he wanted to make some free time to talk to you and to give you the answers you needed. Even though you had thought you had known the most important things, there were still so many things you didn’t know about him. It was almost funny to think that you were so madly in love with a guy you barely knew anything about. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter