Chapter 5

❣ Soulmates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was raining, great, like this day could still get any worse. Not only had you woken up with a major headache, you had slept horribly as well. Whole night long you had been able to think about only one thing, which was your neighbor. Even though he was in the house next to you and there were several walls in between the two of you, you were sure that he could still hear what you were thinking. At one way you were sure that he felt very special because of his gift, but in the other way it must also be a very heavy burden to live with. He hadn’t wanted to tell you much yesterday in the library, he had only told you that you were his soulmate and that he had spend his whole life looking for you and that he was so happy that he had finally found you. You had never heard of such a thing before, a soulmate and so you had asked for an explanation. But he hadn’t been willing to give you one. The reason was probably because you had been completely messed up and confused. You had no longer been able to think straight, not after what he had told you. He thought that you and him were meant that be, that there was a deep connection between you and that he needed you to go on with his life. Of course you understood slightly what he was talking about, you had had some very serious feeling around him as well. 

 

 

But you didn’t believe in certain things as soulmates, and surely not in people who could read other’s mind. But the prove was there, he had been able to answer your questions without you having to say them out loud. So you had found out one of his secrets, you had always known that he had been hiding something, from the moment you had met him. Though you knew that there was something else, something he hadn’t told you yet. You had the feeling that if you would hang around him that there were going to be many things you’d get to know, things you didn’t believe in before. Maybe it was safer for you if you’d just stay away from him, after all you weren’t the most emotional stable person. “Sweetheart maybe you should let your dad drive you to school today. It’s stormy outside, I don’t think it’s safe for you to walk.” Your mother said and your hair as she walked towards the sink to get rid of her empty cup which had still been filled with coffee not so long ago. You stared out of the window with a big sigh, you weren’t really into a car ride with one of your parents. There were so many things you had to think of and you could tell that your parents noticed you had been acting a little dazed last night. Your dad was probably going to ask you some questions on the way there, which you didn’t want to answer. 

 

 

As if someone had heard your plead the doorbell rang and your parents looked at each other questioningly. They weren’t expecting anyone this early in the morning, but still your father stood up to open the front door. You could hear some voices down the hall, but you couldn’t make up who it was. At least not until he made his way into the house, because your body immediately reacted to him the second he stepped into your territory. Your head shot up in the direction of the doorway, and there he was. Baekhyun was looking at you with a smile on his face and an umbrella in his hand, which was dripping on the tiles of the kitchen floor. Then he looked at your mother, who was standing next to you, still in her pajamas and you could see that she was clearly impressed by the stranger standing in her house. “Hello miss __________, I hope I’m not interrupting but I live next door and I was just wondering if your daughter maybe needed a ride to school. We’re in the same class after all.” He sounded so polite and friendly that you knew it would be impossible for your mother to resist his offer. Besides, the fact that there was finally standing a boy inside of the kitchen to ask her to take her daughter with him probably made up for everything, she had been waiting a very long time for that moment. Great, another thing you’d have to explain later. 

 

 

“Oh, of course, that would be great. I was just telling __________ that I wouldn’t like it if she’d walk today so actually you’re just in time.” She said and you rolled your eyes at that. How could that be? You knew that he had heard that because he playfully grinned at you, telling you that you were right without using words. Your parents seemed to grow awkward because of your inward communication which they didn’t understand and your mother quickly pressed a kiss on the top of your head. “Have a nice day at school honey. Will you be safe?” You nodded at her before standing up from your spot at the kitchen table and grabbing your bag. It was almost too hard to believe, the new hot transfer student was standing in your house, asking you if he could drive you to school. Seemed like miracles still happened. Well, that was probably because he thought that you were his soulmate and everything. “If you wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter