Chapter 13

❣ Soulmates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“My parents are starting to get suspicious. They know I normally don’t spend that much time with a boy.” You stated as you crawled into the warm car and closed the door behind you. Baekhyun refused to drive off until you had fastened your seat belt. It made you wonder why he was wearing one in the first place, if he would drive this car into a tree then he’d be able to get out of the car and walk away without a scratch. It was weird that these kind of thoughts were popping into your head so easily, though that didn’t mean you had already fully accepted what he was and everything he had told you. “You could just tell them the truth.” He stated and looked at you shortly before pointing his eyes back onto the road. You hadn’t even had to think about it when he had suggested to pick you up and drive you to school, this was still a better option than going with your dad. Besides, there were still a lot of things you wanted to discuss with him, things you hadn’t been able to get to before. “And what is that?” You asked as you dropped your bag in between your legs and leaned back against the car seat. Even though you knew that he was a vampire you still felt quite safe around him, you hadn’t forgotten the promise he had made to never hurt you. 

 

 

“That I’m your boyfriend?” The silence that followed was rather awkward as the blood streamed towards your cheeks and you stared at him out of the corner of your eye. Before you could stop yourself you let out a huffy giggle which made him look at you as well. “Are you?” It was meant as a joke but his answer was honestly making you very nervous. You had never been in a relationship before, there had never been a boy before who you had called your boyfriend. Your parents would be thrilled about the news, their daughter’s first lover. Your dad would probably have to withstand the urge to threaten him and to interrogate him while your mom would be overexcited. “Yes, unless you’re still not over the fact that your boyfriend is an unnatural creature who can read your thoughts.” There was a soft smile playing around his lips as he pulled up the parking lot and you immediately noticed the students standing around. But to your surprise you ignored all of them as you focused your attention on him, while he was trying to look for a free spot. “I guess not. Though you have to tell me, is there anything else you can do? Besides hearing all the embarrassing things that I’m thinking?” His laughter filled the car and you were sure you had never heard such a wonderful sound before. 

 

 

“No, I’m afraid that’s the furthest I’m able to go. Besides, not all of your thoughts are embarrassing, some of them are very smart and perceptive. I love the way your brain works, it’s very interesting.” You squeezed your eyes at him but he was clearly enjoying that you were annoyed by his words. While he parked the car you gave it some time to let his words settle down. Were you ready to tell your parents that you were dating someone? And the most important question, were you actually ready to date Baekhyun? You knew that you would never fall for someone again the way that you fell for him, because he was the person you were strongly connected with. Actually the two of you were just supposed to be together, that was it, but that wasn't the problem. The thing was that you had never been in a relationship before, were you able to keep this thing going and to make this succeed? You didn’t trust yourself in moments like these, because you were afraid that you were going to mess it all up. But how would you know if you wouldn’t give it a try? Though your relationship with Baekhyun would never become a normal relationship, since he wasn’t a normal person. There would always be something mysterious about him, maybe that was why you were so interested in him in the first place. 

 

 

“You should see it as an adventure. Just don’t expect too much from it, you have to see how it goes and where it ends.” He said when he heard all the struggled and hesitation inside of your head. He was right though, you could never predict what was going to happen, so why not try it? Maybe it was going to be the most stupid thing you had ever done in your life, maybe it was going to be amazing? Who knew? But you would never know if you’d be too scared to try and if you would back out now. “Fine, I’ll tell them. But my dad isn’t going to be very happy.” You said and you were surprised to see him grin at you while you loosened your seat belt and grabbed your bag. It was cold outside and it was slightly freezing. The streets were slippy and you had to be careful that you wouldn’t fall, you weren’t exactly searching for another way to gain attention. As soon as you stood outside Baekhyun locked his car and met you in the front of the vehicle before surprising you by grabbing your hand and intertwining his fingers with yours

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter