Chapter 4

❣ Soulmates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

During lunch you decided to flee and so you went towards the library. There wasn’t anyone else who came here during noon, so you were all by yourself and joined by the lady sitting behind the big desk, who was staring at her computer screen and who had a big pair of glasses standing on the tip of her nose. She nodded her head at you when you walked in and you sat down at one of the long tables close to the windows. This was the most peaceful and calmest moment you had had ever since this morning. The whole morning you hadn’t been able to focus on anything else than your neighbor and it had distracted you. His face filled your thoughts, together with the way he had stared at you and the words that had been clanking around in your head. It was impossible right, there was no way that someone was able to talk to you inside of your head so that only you could hear. You had already figured out that there was something special about this new guy, but there was no one in this world who could do such a thing. There wasn’t something like telepathy or people who could read your mind, that only existed in books and in movies. Because you didn’t want to seem as if you were in the library for no reason so you pulled out a big book and laid it open in front of you, but you had no idea what it was about. 

 

 

Why was he interested in someone like you? There was nothing special about you, you were sure about that. Still he seemed like he only had eye for you, he hadn’t even spoken to any of the other students during the whole four hours he had been sitting next to you even though they had tried very hard to start a conversation with him. He was a strange guy, it was almost as if he also liked to stay on the background just like you, but that was hard to believe. How could someone who was as good looking as him want to be left out, those were the kind of people who were just supposed to be popular. You were just a weirdo, a nobody without a past. Your parents had abandoned you when you had been young, you had been lucky that your parents had wanted to take you in and take care of you. You didn’t know if your name was your real name, you had no idea where you came from, you were a mistake. There would never be someone who would be able to take care of you and who would be able to live together with you. You were a mystery, someone who didn’t even know anything about herself. You could as well be an alien, you wouldn’t even think of it as something that was impossible. 

 

 

The scraping of a chair across of you made you shriek up from your thoughts and your eyes widened when you saw the new transfer student sit down in front of you. Shouldn’t he be in the cafeteria, together with all the other normal students who were having lunch right now? “What are you doing here?” You asked, suddenly finding your voice again as you remembered that you had come here to be by yourself. Him coming here and sitting with you was destroying your plan. You needed some time to think, to understand what was happening and to figure out what you should do next. But now that he was this close to you again your mind seemed to become blank again and your whole body was very well aware of his appearance. “I could ask you the same thing.” His voice was soft, after all the two of you were in the library. But since you were the only ones here there was no one you could interrupt with your talking. “I was here first.” You were very well aware of the fact that the only thing separating the two of you was a table and you could feel his knees were only a few inches away from yours underneath the wood. It was almost as if this guy was magnetic and he was made to you pull you towards him. 

 

 

“Yes, that’s true. But you looked a little bit lonely over there so I figured I should join you. Who likes to have lunch all by themselves?” He said it as if he was making a joke, but you were missing the clue, there was nothing funny about this situation. How had he been able to find you here? Was he stalking you? “But I do.” Normally this should be the moment that he apologized, got up from his chair and left you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter