Chapter 6: Beautiful

Camouflage doesn't suit you

 

 

Beads of sweat were forming on Baekhyun's forehead, due to the extreme heat of the sun blaring through the windows of the rattling bus. As he stared out through one of them, all he could see was sand, miles and miles of it. He had been in the bus for about roughly 8 hours, and the tan dunes had been surrounding him since he had left the airport. He was in the middle of nowhere, in the middle of a burning hot sahara. Civilization was far behind him now, and the thought of having wifi was a laughable thing. There was no such thing called a flushing toilet, Baekhyun doubted they even HAD toilets, and toilet paper was just a myth in a place like this.

 

No turning back now.

  Baekhyun was feeling very hot and tired and bored

He sighed, and turned to Kyungsoo who was taking something out of his camo duffel bag. Then, he pulled out a small black device.

"A walkie talkie!", Baekhyun exclaimed happily, and reached his hands over, wanting to touch it.

Kyungsoo scoffed and moved his hand out of Baekhyun's reach, "This isn't a walkie talkie, THIS is a power UHF handheld radio".

Baekhyun put his arm down, annoyed, "Oooh! Such big fancy words for a toy!"

Kyungsoo's eyebrow twitched, "It's NOT a toy! This a device used for military purposes only an-"

"Blah blah blah, so what it's still a ing walkie-talkie", Baekhyun said childishly.

"HEY. You better quit your whining, or I'll make your entire time here a living hell. Who do you think is in charge here? Obviously not you, so shut your pie hole if you know what's good for you", Kyungsoo leered over Baekhyun, and, although he was short, he gave off the aura of a giant.

"Okay", Baekhyun said meekly while sliding down in his seat.

"Okay, sir", Kyungsoo corrected sharply, "and sit up straight"

"Yes, sir", Baekhyun said loudly as he bolted up in his seat.

A smile tugged at Kyungsoo's lips, Baekhyun was adorable, but he decided to keep tormenting his diligent underling,

"Do you think you're tough? Dou you have what it takes to survive in this hellhole?"

Baekhyun simply stared at Kyungsoo, thinking about what to say.

"I asked you aquestion! Answer me!", Kyugsoo's voice made Baekhyun jump and sit up even straighter, he then lifted his hand up to his forehead an yelled,

"YES I DO SIR!"

"THAT'S BETTER!", Kyungsoo yelled while laughing, his eyes crinkling up.

Baekhyun smiled and began to laugh too.

"DID I GIVE YOU PERMISSION TO LAUGH PRIVATE?", Kyugsoo bellowed with a serious expression on his face.

Baekhyun's smile immediately left his face and he abrubtly stood up,

"PLEASE FORGIVE MY CARELESSNESS SERGEANT!"

Kyugsoo crossed his arms and nodded.

"I forgive you, you may sit."

Baekhyun saluted him,

"THANK YOU SIR!"

~

~

Kyungsoo's POV

I can see the site getting closer and closer, I sigh and rub my temples. I am not in the mood to deal with those erted s, they only live to make my life harder. I turn and look Baekhyun, who is peacefully asleep beside me. I smile, he looks so precious and innocent. His eyelashes are long, and his lips are soft and pink. His tousled jet black hair contrasts against his strikingly pale white skin. He is almost angelic. I swear if any of those jerks lay one finger on this pure soul. They will not see daylight.

~

~

Third person's POV

"Baekhyun-sshi. Baekhyun wake up, we're here", Kyungsoo gently nudged the sleeping man on his shoulder.

Baekhyun groaned, and pushed him away.

Kyungsoo smirked then bellowed,

"PRIVATE BYUN BAEKHYUN!"

A surge of electricity seemed to go through Baekhyun's body.

"YES SIR!"

"YOU BETTER GET YOUR OUT OF THIS BUS IN 3 SECONDS OR-", Kyungsoo stopped, Baekhyun had already gotten all his bags and was making his way out the door.

"Yah, Baekhyun wait, I'll help you. Be careful going down th-"

Suddenly Baekhyun's unstable form, caused him to slip on the second step as he was getting off the bus.

Baekhyun immediatly let go of all his bags and put his hands out in front of him.

The impact hurt, a LOT.

As his hands hit the rocky ground, his bags bounced off his back, making him arch his back in pain.

Baekhyun guessed that his hands were a mess, he could see blood seeping out from underneath them.

Kyungsoo quickly rushed out, to find Baekhyun on all fours, groaning with holes in his jeans, and dust all over his back.

"Baekhyun! Are you oka-"

"Hey kiddo, you all right there buddy?", a low voice said.

Baekhyun turned his head, all he could see was a pair of legs in cargo pants kneeling beside him.

"uh-I", Baekhyun tried to speak, but his back was in so much pain he was unable to.

"Shh-shh It's alright. Here let me help you.", Baekhyun felt two large hands make their way underneath his arms, and pick him up.

Baekhyun looked at the person who had helped him, and, he was, he was

"Beautiful", Baekhyun said.

The person chuckled, "Sorry, my name's not beautiful."

"What is it then?" Baekhyun  whispered.

"Chanyeol", The person said with a toothy grin.