Chapter 18: A different world

Camouflage doesn't suit you

 

 

Kyungsoo strode anxiously through the site, his heart pounding wildly. Beads of sweat lined his hairline. His palms were balled into two fists. He felt as if a ball had been stuffed down his throat, constricting his breathing. He shook his head, trying to rid himself of these jittering feelings. Then stood in the middle of the site and raised his head. He then slowly reached in to his pocket and, almost regretfully, pulled out his small black distress alarm. It fit uncomfortably in his hand, the red button staring back at him made him gulp. He was the leader, the one in charge, he had to be the strong one. With one sure nod of his head, he brought his thumb down on the small device and stood waiting for the response.

~

Chanyeol was laying on his cot reading manga, while sighing because of how noisy the people beside him were being. Baekhyun and Jongdae were having a heated conversation aabout whether or not a person should be conservative when buying personal items at a grocery store. 

"I mean, like, what if the cashier feels kind of uncomfortable when you just plop all of your stuff in front of them......and like especially if it's.....you know....personal", Baekhyun blushed.

Jongdae simply sighed,

"Listen I've been a cashier at a pharmacy before, and I can guarantee you that cashiers do not give a flyin’ flip what you buy. Listen, I have seen people buy laxatives and adult diapers hundreds of times. You think I’m gonna give a damn if you’re buying condoms, or tampons for your wife? Like I probably didn’t even look at the package. I’m just concerned with getting it scanned. Beep beep motherer and we’re done."

Baekhun burst into laughter at Jongdae's funny way of speaking.

"Well if you put it that wa-"

Baekhyun's voice was suddenly cut off when a very loud blaring sound filled their tent, making them all jump. Chanyeol immediately flung his manga aside, his eyes darting across the room. Jongdae's face was stricken with anxiety. He nodded grimly at Chanyeol, who was staring at him with a question in his eyes.

""

Baekhyun barely heard Chanyeol mutter that single word over the loud siren, but he did, and he knew that something was wrong.

"Chanyeol what's goin-"

Before anyone could mutter a single word, the flaps of the tent were wrenched open by Minseok. 

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU STILL DOING IN HERE?! GET YOUR BUTTS OUTSIDE NOW!"

Fear seemed to lace Minseok's authorative voice, and his face was a total giveaway that he was feeling anything but happy.

All of them automatically ran out the tent, and followed behind Minseok. They found themselves in the middle of the site, surrounded by lots of worried faces. Everyone seemed to be gathered in the same place. The blaring noise suddenly stopped, leaving a ringing sound in Baekhyun's head.

"AHEM! ATTENTION!"

Everyone immediately stood up straight and faced Sergeant Kyungsoo, who was standing in front of them all.

"I HAVE GATHERED YOU ALL HERE FOR  A REASON, AND AS YOU CAN TELL, I HAVE USED MY DISTRESS ALARM. WHICH MEANS IT IS NOT GOING TO BE FOR A PARTY"

One or two meek laughs escaped the crowd, but the rest remained silent. Awaiting the Sergeant's next words.

"FROM THIS MOMENT ON, WE ARE CONSIDERED TO BE LIVING ON A WAR ZONE"

Everyone began to murmur, and Baekhyun felt Chanyeol's fingers lace through his, and squeeze his trembling hand.

Kyungsoo took a deep breath,

"I HOPE YOU ARE ALL READY, THESE NEXT FEW WEEKS WILL NOT BE EASY, BE ALERT AT ALL TIMES, KEEP AN EYE ON EACH OTHER, AND DON'T FORGET TO STAY SAFE.....you motherers"

Although Kyungsoo muttered the last part quietly, everyone heard him and began to laugh fondly at their caring sergeant. This seemed to lighten their hearts a bit.

"Don't worry Sergeant!"

"We'll be fine!"

"Who do you think these motherers are?"

"This will be easy!"

Kyungsoo smiled warmly at what he considered to be his famiy.

~

~

Baekhyun smiled grimly, remembering how confident everyone had been that day, then looked down at his own body. The bullets that were embedded in his leg were innumerable. His head was pounding, a sure sign that, as every second passed, more blood was gushing out of him. His left ear had turned into a piece of unrecognizable flesh, that hung to the side of his head by a few thin shreads of skin. He had lost 3 toes on his right foot, puss had begun to seep out of the holes that lined his foot. He was in so much pain that he out slowly. Thoughts dancing through his head

"Where are you Chanyeol? Are you dead? I wish I was. Dear God, please. Let me die now, I can't take this anymore. Mianhae Omma"

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: I'm finally back guys! Schools out, so expect frequent updates! ~<3 (p.s. sorry for the sudden angst, poor Baekhyunnie)