Chapter 15: Your Beauty

Camouflage doesn't suit you

 

 

"OKAY EVERY BODY GET YOUR BUTTS IN LINE!", a stern voice barked loudlly.

Baekhyun looked around confused, as all the men around him rushed to form a straight line. They all stood next to each other, shoulder to shoulder, backs straight. While Baekhyun stood there bewildered, not knowing where to go.

"Come on Baek, this way"

Baekhyun sighed in relief when Chanyeol grasped his shoulder and guided him to a spot in the line. Chanyeol stood on Baekhyun's left, and on Baekhyun's right was a tall man whose head was completely shaved. He towered over Baekhyun, even more so than Chanyeol. Baekhyun's head barely reached his elbow.  He had broad shoulders, and muscled biceps. He was exactly how Baekhyun had  pictured all military men to be. His face was very scary looking in Baekhyun's opinion, he lowered his eyes intimidated by the large figure. He heard a deep chuckle, and then a shadow suddenly loomed over him. Baekhyun looked up and saw the man's face right in front of him, he took in a sharp intake of breath startled. 

"You're the new guy Baekhyun, right?", the man asked gently, a smile graced his features.

Baekhyun couldn't help but smile back, the man's smile was the kind that made you want to smile back. Contagious.

"Yep", Baekhyun replied with a grin, while trying to ignore the fact that the man was half- . (and his body was something to marvel at)

The man nodded knowingly, "I'm Kris Wu, but just Kris is fine. Nice to meet you".

Baekhyun shook his large hand, happy he had met another new person.

~

~

Kyungsoo walked down the line, surveying each soldier carefully. He sighed as he had to  pry Jongdae off of Minseok's chest. Then shook his head and snapped at Sehun, who was staring into space, day dreaming about a certain doctor. He then bit his lip to keep him from smiling, because a certain tanned person was sending him flying kisses. He frowned and kept going, ignoring the outburst of love.  As he neared the end of the line, he had to bite his lip for the second time to stop a chuckle from escaping his mouth. Little Byun Baekhyun was standing between two of the tallest, and not to mention strongest, soldiers on site, and the contrast was striking. He then realized Baekhyun still had a shirt on. Kyungsoo walked up to Baekhyun and said, 

"Private Byun Baekhyun were you informed that training is to be done without a shirt"

"YES,SIR!", Baekhyun replied loudly.

"THEN TAKE YOUR SHIRT OFF", Kyungsoo stated, just as loud.

Baekhyun gulped, and then exhaled deeply biting his lip. 

~

"I'm going to become stronger".

"I'm going to protect mother".

"No one is ever going to hurt her or me ever again"

He repeated this in his mind.

~

Chanyeol was about to say something, but was cut off when Baekhyun crossed his arms across his body and grabbed the hem of his shirt. Baekhyun then pulled his shirt upwards off of his body. 

Baekhyun's pale skin shone, his stomach was slightly toned and his pink s contrasted perfectly against the whiteness. As he removed his shirt from the top of his head, a gush of wind ran through Baekhyun's black hair making it flutter in the air. The sun's reflection made Baekhyun's eyes sparkle, and lips shine. The scar on his back reminded Chanyeol of an angel whose wings had been cut off. Chanyeol stared dumbfounded, an actual angel was standing before him. Chanyeol wasn't the only one staring, everyone in line had either leaned back or walked out of line entirely to take a look at Baekhyun. Even Kyungsoo was standing before him silently with a look of admiration floating in his eyes, he truly was beautiful.

Baekhyun quietly began folding his shirt, and flushed when he looked up and realized, literally all eyes were on him. 

"U-Um..", he stammered, clearly uncomfortable under the gaze of so many people.

Kyungsoo straightened up and cleared his throat, immediatley everyone stood back in line as straight as they had been. Except for Chanyeol, who still had his eyes locked on Baekhyun's figure.

"So this is what you were hiding?", he stated.

Baekhyun looked up at Chanyeol, had he heard him right? Before Baekhyun could ask what Chanyeol meant, Kyungsoo blew through a whistle with a shrill sound. The line suddenly began to move forward. Baekhyun did not register this, and Kris had to poke his shoulder and tell him to hurry up. Baekhyun moved his legs, and thus began his first day of training.

~

~

After 20 laps around the site, Baekhyun was practically drowning in his own sweat. His skin hurt, his eyes hurt, and all the muscles in his body were crying. It was a huge challenge for him to be able to keep up with Kris's long strides. He was sure that his little legs were slowing Chanyeol down, since he was behind him. While running, Baekhyun turned his head and yelled at Chanyeol, "DO YOU WANNA GET IN-" a large gush of sandy wind swirled through the air drowning out Baekhyun's voice, "-ME!"

Chanyeol stared at Baekhyun and erupted in laughter, "Wh-whaat?"