Chapter 11: It's scary

Camouflage doesn't suit you

 

 

Baekhyun brought his knees up to his chest underneath the sheets that covered his shivering body. Although he felt cold, beads of sweat were forming on his forehead. He could feel the dreadful feeling rise in his chest. His heart rate was increasing in speed with every passing second, and even Chanyeol's soft breathing from the other side of the tent could not calm him anymore. He had to swallow to prevent a sob from escaping his lips. He was ashamed that he even allowed this feeling to take over him,

It was fear.

He was unbelievably afraid. He wasn't sure of what, or why. And, although he didn't want to admit it to himself, he wanted his mother to come and give him eskimo kisses and cuddles and lay with him until he fell asleep. His eyes were b with tears, but he would not let them fall. He was determined to man up, and just deal with it. He tried calming himself by taking deep shaky breaths, and counting to 100. But it was no use. He lay there, feeling like he was being suffocated by a feeling of vulnerability.

~

Chanyeol awoke to someone tapping his shoulder, he turned around in bed half-awake and saw a very teary-eyed, also, not-wearing-pants, Baekhyun. 

"B-Baekhyun what's wrong?", Chanyeol sat up in his bed, wiping the sleep out of his eyes.

"I-I....", Baekhyun croaked, but then stopped, afraid that if he said one more word, his perseverance up until that very moment would go to waste.

Chanyeol stared at Baekhyun. He noticed that Baekhyun's breathing was uneven, and that he had dark bags underneath his eyes.

"He hasn't slept at all, and his heart rate seems to be higher than normal. He looks like he's about to have a breakdown any second. He's scared", Chanyeol contemplated.

Chanyeol's heart ached, for he realized how hard the man standing in front of him was trying not to cry. Without a word he spread his arms out, "Come here and cry"

Baekhyun's eyes widened, he then let out a whimper, and in less than a second, he had leapt into Chanyeol's awaiting arms, wrapped his legs around him, and began crying into his chest.

"I....w-was...s-so....sc-scared", Baekhyun hiccuped between sobs.

"I-it....wa-"

"Hush, hush", Chanyeol shushed him softly while rubbing his back. Chanyeol rocked Baekhyun back and forth gently on his lap.

"I won't tell anyone you were crying, I promise"

Baekhyun nodded and dug his head deeper into Chanyeol's chest.

~

Baekhyun sat silently in Chanyeol's lap, not uttering a word.

"Don't you feel cold? Wait here, I'll get an extra blanket.", Chanyeol set Baekhyun down on his bed.

Chanyeol walked to the wardrobe by the entrance of the tent, and dug through it until he found a blanket that he deemed thick enough. He turned around, and spotted Baekhyun's folded up clothes on the edge of his bed. Chanyeol admired Baekhyun's folding skill, then was about to keep walking when he realized something. On top of the clothes was a small white square of garment. Chanyeol knew immediately that it was underwear.

"S-so, if this is his underwear over here. Then that means....", Chanyeol thought.

The flashback of Baekhyun wrapping his legs around his waist, and him sitting on his lap, raced through Chanyeol's mind. His face burned crimson.

"N-no, no. He must have had another pair with him", Chanyeol calmed himself, then walked up to his bed.

~

"Here Baekhyun I brought you a-", Chanyeol's jaw dropped and every cell in his body froze, he was sure he would die from high blood pressure.

Byun Baekhyun was fast asleep, and his tossing and turning had made the sweatshirt he was wearing rise up above his stomach. And Chanyeol realized Baekhyun did only have one pair of underwear with him, because, well, let's just say that he got a full view of everything down south.

Chanyeol put an arm over his eyes and quickly threw the blanket over the defenseless figure, then ran in the other direction.

"Dear God, what kind of test is this"

 

 

Chanyeol decide that sleeping outside would be best for both of them.

 

 

A/N I love a flustered Chanyeollie <3~