Chapter 4: My baby

Camouflage doesn't suit you

 

 

Third person's POV

The busy airport was filled to the brim with people, most of them wanting to escape the cold winter before it began. It was loud and noisy, and there seemed to be a rush of movement everywhere. Children screamed and laughed, babies cried, and adults walked around with worried expressions on their faces. People were hurriedly saying good-bye to their loved ones, excited to leave. But one black-haired person, who had been forced into black skinny jeans that morning, was doubting himself.

"Are you sure you'll be okay alone Mom?", Baekhyun said worriedly.

"Child, I have managed to keep you alive on my own up until now, and I think that's quite the achievement. So, yes I think I will survive.", she smirked.

Baekhyun bit his lip,"But what if something happens, and you're alone a-"

"Ms. Guk Joo will be right next door to help me if I need anything, and if she isn't home then I will just make sure to call 119, so calm down and go get on that plane. You don't want to miss your flight do you?".

Baekhyun nodded, then suddenly dropped the bags he was carrying, and turned and faced his mother, then formed a 90 degree bow in front of her.

"I promise you that I will come back as soon as I am stronger, and I will try my best and work hard, and I-I...........I promise I will make you the proudest mother there ever was", he whispered softly at the end.

When he straightened up, he stared straight at his mother, his eyes b with watery tears, and he was biting his lip to prevent them from falling. His mother had some tears running down her cheeks. Then she softly chuckled,

"Does my strong little man want a hug from his mommy? Or is that too embarassing?"

Baekhyun let out a little sob, then wrapped his arms around his mother, and let the tears fall. Not caring about the people staring at them.

"Mom, I love y-you, and I'm going to miss you."

Baekhyuns chest heaved up and down, as he cried and cried in his mom's arms.

Ye Jin ran her fingers through her precious baby's hair, wanting to cradle him like this forever. Feeling like he was the most fragile thing in the world. This reminded her of something, she had held Baekhyun in this state before.....then she remembers.

She remembers holding him tightly while sitting on the floor of their old apartment, while squeezing his back to prevent the crimson liquid from escaping his pale body. She didn't care that she herself was also in a critical condition. All she cared about was her baby staying alive. Her baby was all that mattered, and he would always matter to her, no matter what.