Chapter 3: It's voluntary

Camouflage doesn't suit you

Baekhyun's POV 

I play with my thumbs, and have a mini thumb wrestle match with myself, while I wait for my mother to come downstairs for breakfast. The table is already set, and bacon and scrambled eggs cover two plates. I'm a pretty good cook if I do say so myself. I have set a couple of my mom's snowdrops in a vase, and morning dew is still dripping off of their petals.

"I think that is a game for two, don't you?", my mother smiles and slips her hand into mine and a furious fight for victory over thumbs begins. We have our match for about five minutes, until she notices the fully prepared breakfast.

"Don't I just have the cutest most considerate son in the world?", she exclaimes in a sing-song voice, a smile etched on her face.

"I know right?", I replied, which earned me a flick to my head.

"Yah, don't push it.", she replied then winked.

~

~

~

~

 

"So what's all this for?"

"hmm?", I say, too engrossed in stuffing my mouth with eggs that I didn't really hear her question.

"Yah Baekhyun-ah", She says.

"mm-hmm??" I mutter, unfocused on her talking, food was all that mattered.

I didn't notice the sly smile that crept onto her face.

"So you do agree?", she says a bit louder than before, causing me to look up confused,

"What?"

"Weren't you listening to me?', she said seriously, I quiver under her gaze.

"O-Of course I was"

"Oh, good, so you agree then?", she says raising an eyebrow.

"Oh yes! Of course I do!"

"Alright then, I'll start now", she says while standing up and clearing her plate.

"Start what", I say confusedly.

"Burning all your clothes and replacing them with pink replicas, you agreed to it so I have the full authority to.", she said bluntly.

~

~

~
~

 

Third person POV

And that was how Byun Baekhyun choked on his breakfast.

~

~

Baekhyun was sitting on the sofa panting, with a bit of drool on his chin from the accident before, and he also had a bad case of the hiccups. His mother, who was sitting next to him had to suppress a chuckle every time he would jump.

" Don't EVER do that-hicc-again. I almost i-hicc-died.", he gasped.

"Okay, okay. I'm sorry. But about breakfast, why did you make it today? Did something bad happen?," she questioned.

"NO. I just thought it would be a good way of talking to you, you know?", He said shrugging.

"Talking to me about what?"

"Well, um, you see, I.......Ireallywanttogotothemilitarysoicanbecomestrongerandialsowanttheexperience", Baekhyun rambled on faster than lightning.

"Whoa, whoa. Slow down baby. I didn't understand a thing you said. So, slow down and explain everything to me.", His mother said in a soothing voice.

~

~

~

~

"So my little Baekkie, wants to join the military? A place full of big men with muscles and guns and working out? Oh and did I metion that working out includes sports?", His mother said.

Baekhyun closed his eyes and got ready for her to tell him how stupid this was, and how there was no way she was letting him do this.

But  she never did, she reached out to him and grasped his hand and said, "Go get'm kiddo".

And that was all Baekhyun needed.

~

~

~

~

Baekhyun recieved the information about where he was going to be stationed 5 days later:

Name: Byun Baekhyun

Age: 24

Height: 5'9

Blood Type: O+

To be stationed in Ukraine:-

Region: Kherson Oblast

District: Oleshky Raion.

Military I.D. No.: 508