Chapter 12: Ouch

Camouflage doesn't suit you

 

 

Baekhyun woke up in a warm bed, a very  very warm bed. He was covered in sweat, from his head to his toes. He quickly threw aside the blanket that was covering him, and lay flat on his back staring at the roof of the tent. He looked up and realized that Chanyeol was nowhere to be  found. Baekhyun sat up, and walked over to his bed to gather his clothes. He decided that taking a shower would be a good idea. He looked down at his watch: 5:56AM, it was pretty early. But didn't Jongdae say that he should wake up before 4:00? Oh, well, too late now. Bright rays of sunshine engulfed Baekhyun's body, it felt a little cooler outside the tent. Baekhyun raised hia arms, and stretched while yawning. Then he began to make his way towards the showers, which Chanyeol had showed him yesterday. But, as soon as he took one step forwards, his foot hit something hard, and he tripped. 

~

It all happened in a flash, and in the next moment, Baekhyun was flat on his face with his clothes scattered around him.

"Ughhh", Baekhyun groaned in pain. His forehead was pounding, and he felt something trickle down his nose and chin. He thought he had tripped over a big rock, but the rock suddenly shifted beneath him.

"Baekhyun?", a deep voice, which Baekhyun immediatley knew was Chanyeol, "What are you doing?"

Baekhyun slowly struggled to use his hands to push himself up, and then he turned to face Chanyeol. His face was covered in sand,  blood was flowing freely from his mouth and nose, and his forehead was already beginning to swell.

"Oh my god", was all Chanyeol uttered before grabbing Baekhyun and rushing him to see Luhan for the second time.

~

~

"What did you do to the poor kid?!" Luhan gasped exasperated.

"I was sleeping outside the tent, and he probably walked out and didn't see me laying there, so he tripped.", Chanyeol explained guiltily. He was quite the sight, his hair a mess, in his pyjama's without shoes or socks on. He seemed to be out of place in the clean, all-white infirmatory.

"Hmph, well he got beaten up badly. He was pretty damn lucky nothing happened to his pretty teeth. There's no permanent damage anyway, just a bruise or two most likely."

Chanyeol sighed in relief, all the worry built up in him dissapeared.

~

~

"Woo~, that's gotta hurt", Jongdae whistled as he walked into the infirmatory and saw Baekhyun sitting next to Chanyeol. Baekhyun's forehead had swelled up, and was almost the size of a tennis ball.

"Mmmph", Baekhyun groaned in response.

Jongdae chuckled,"What a way to start off your first day here huh? I'm sure this person here was involved in this incident?"

Baekhyun nodded, while Chanyeol stared at the floor.

"Where you unable to walk properly, because Mr.Park was a little too energetic last night?", Jongdae winked.

Baekhyun simply had a confused expression on his face, and then Chanyeol began to choke. Baekhyun swiftly patted him on the back, and calmed him down.

~

~

Baekhyun and Chanyeol had a small breakfast in the infirmatory, courtesy of Luhan. Then Chanyeol, politely offered to get Baekhyun's clothes from Yixing without Baekhyun. Using the excuse that Yixing's tent was far away, and that Baekhyun should take it easy before training began. Jongdae offered to take Baekhyun to get his shoes from Minseok, since his tent was a lot closer. Baekhyun agreed and thanked Chanyeol, and Luhan for their help.

~

"Nice forehead you've got there.", Minseok said with a smirk when Baekhyun and Jongdae came in. Baekhyun smiled.

"Don't you just love my baby's sarcastic remarks. He's so ing ad-", Jongdae was already showering Minseok with kisses, and squeezing him. Baekhyun thought that Minseok's face had produced a new shade of red, not known to this world.

Minseok managed to get Jongdae to sit obediently on a chair, by sticking a bluberry er in his mouth

Minseok slid a dark green leather boot onto Baekhyun's foot,"Perfect fit", he said with a satisfied smile. Baekhyun dawdled around the tent happily in his new shoes. 

"Thank you Minseok", Baekhyun smiled, a big genuine smile that made his eyes crinkle, and made the whole room light up.