Chapter 13: I promise

Camouflage doesn't suit you

 

 

Baekhyun walked alongside Jongdae, back to the infirmary. Inside, Chanyeol was talking to Luhan with an anxious look on his face, and he kept nodding every 5 seconds. In his hands were three large white boxes with black ribbons tied around each one. Chanyeol's eyes brightened as soon as he saw Baekhyun, then a wave of gulit passed through them, and he quickly walked up to him, 

"Let's get back to our dorm, and make sure these clothes, that Mr. ert made for you, actually fit"

Baekhyun chuckled then nodded. He was about to bow to Luhan and thank him for his help, when he was almost halfway bent, Jongdae grabbed the bottom of his sweatshirt and pulled him upright.

"You know, I don't think Minseok would like it if I had the full view of another man's side", He smirked

Both Baekhyun AND Chanyeol turned redder than fire, and Chanyeol swiftly walked out of the tent, Baekhyun following behind, and left a laughing Jongdae, and a smiling Luhan behind.

~

~

An awkward silence settled between Chanyeol and Baekhyun as they walked back to their tent. Baekhyun sighed in relief when Chanyeol broke the tension,

"Oh, nice shoes by the way, they compliment your outfit nicely", he sniggered.

Baekhyun playfully punched his arm, "Yah!"

Chanyeol smiled to himself, he wasn't lying, the sight of soft little Baekhyun in a cozy oversized sweatshirt, and wearing big heavy military boots, was ridiculously adorable.

~

When they entered the tent, Chanyeol was having difficulty trying to set the boxes down on the ground.

Baekhyun offered to carry one of the boxes, but Chanyeol shook his head vigorously.

"You're not fully healed yet, and I can't risk letting you get hurt again, it's my responsibility to take care of you and make sure you're comfortable and safe, and I-I've done a pretty ed up job haven't I?" Chanyeol said with a weak smile.

Baekhyun's jaw dropped, and he felt pain in his chest from the look in Chanyeol's eyes, he looked so guilty and sad and disappointed in himself. It reminded Baekhyun of himself a few days ago,

and he hated it.

Baekhyun watched as Chanyeol  struggled until he finally set the boxes down, and as soon as Chanyeol he stood up, he was shocked to see a very tearful Baekhyun.

"Why would you ever think that way? Why?" Baekhyun said softly.

"B...Baekh...I", Chanyeol sputtered incoherently, still overcome with shock.

"I'M the one who tripped, you didn't do anything. I'M the one who didn't see you sleeping there right in front of me. You didn't make me fall, it's MY fault. You have been helpful in so many ways, you let me borrow your clothes, and even let me sleep on YOUR bed when I was scared. And yet you are...a-are b-blaming yourse..", Baekhyun heaved while tears streamed down his face.

Chanyeol was slowly about to wipe Baekhyun's cheek with his hand, but Baekhyun pushed his hand away and suddenly grabbed Chanyeol's neck, bringing him face to face with the depressed man.

"Don't ever think like that again. What happened to me wasn't you fault, it was my own. Now promise you won't feel guilty.", Baekhyun demanded.

Chanyeol said nothing and stared straight at the two dark watery eyes in front of him. Baekhyun's eyes fell, and he bit his lip, he was about to retract his hands when Chanyeol suddenly grabbed them and pulled him into a giant hug. A small gasp escaped Baekhyun's lips.

Chanyeol leaned down so he was able to nuzzle his face in Baekhyun's shoulder. He tightened his grip on Baekhyun's small body, and said, "I promise, now promise me that you won't ever cry because of me again."

 

"I promise", Baekhyun whispered in Chanyeol's ear.

~

~

Yixing did a, let's say, FABULOUS, job on Baekhyun's clothes. They weren't too loose, nor too tight  ("Thank god", Chanyeol muttered) and they were of top quality. Baekhyun was ectastic, he walked around the tent doing funny poses in each outfit, while Chanyeol applauded, and earned a "Yah!" from Baekhyun everytime he laughed at a certain pose.

"That was fun", Baekhyun panted, tired from all the changing of clothes.

"Yeah, definitely", Chanyeol smiled at the exauhsted boy, then smirked.

"You're lucky you missed morning training, it's time for brunch now"

Baekhyun's head snapped up, "There was morning training?"

Chanyeol chuckled, "Yes, every morning. It's mandatory for every soldier on sight to participate, or else face the wrath of Sergeant Kyungsoo."

Chanyeol shuddered after he mentioned Kyungsoo. Baekhyun's eyes widened and he jumped up, "WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL MEE??! I NEED TO GO APOLOGIZE TO SERGEAN-"

Chanyeol grabbed Baekhyun , who was currently wearing a light blue and white button-up cotton shirt and matching wide-legged pants which were to be his pyjama's, and dragged him back to his bed chuckling, "Slow down buddy, I have already informed Sergeant Kyunsoo about your little 'accident' today, and you have been excused. Oh, sorry, I mean WE have both been excused. You need someone to take care of you"

Baekhyun blushed, and then huffed , he had missed his first morning training at the camp.

~

Chanyeol's POV

"Oh my god, he's actually pouting. How can a guy pouting look this cute.", I think to myself, and a string of thoughts rush through my mind.

"His cheeks look so squeezable, but I have to keep it together"

Why are his lips so pink? It that natural? His lips are so plump, they look pretty soft too...."

"Park Chanyeol, what are you thinking you dirty idiot!"

~

~

Baekhyun looked up, and realized that he was being stared at by a handsome giant. He then looked down, and felt the blood rise up to his face. Chanyeol noticed this, and his deep voice echoed through the room as he chuckled.

~

~

Baekhyun's POV

", he was staring at me", I think, and a string of thoughts run through my mind.

"He's laughing. Oh, god I love his voice"

"It's so relaxing, and also kinda hot"

"His eyes are doing that cute crinkling thing again"

"I'm probably as red as a bell pepper right now.

~

~

"God, he's adorable", Both of them think, but not aloud, so that the other does not hear.

 

 

 

A/N Do you guys mind if I add some (M-content) in later chapters, please comment yes, or no. I just want to kind of know what audience of people are reading this fanfic, and I hope you enjoyed some fluff<3~