Chapter 1: I don't wear pink

Camouflage doesn't suit you

 

 

Byun Baekhyun walked, well, actually if you looked close enough you could see his hips swaying slightly from left to right. So technically he sashayed.

 

Byun baekhyun sashayed down the sidewalk of the busy street, in his hands were a couple of grocery bags. Cars honked beside him, causing his eyebrow to twitch in annoyance. Babies crying could be heard from miles and miles away, and the bustling of the people everywhere made so much noise Baekhyun thought his head would burst. Yet, he slowed his pace even more, not wanting to reach his destination just yet. He looked around pretending to be interested in his surroundings, although he had been through the same place innumerable times. He would drop one or two of his bags every once in a while, then slowly bend down to pick it up, and slowly return the contents to the bag. Then he decided he had stalled long enough, and quickened his pace, then skillfully and easily, made his way through the maze of people.

 

Baekhyun pushed open one of the big unlocked black gates, that seperated him from his home. Then made his way up the path through the green garden, that lead to the front door. It was a chilly day, and it had been raining which made it even colder. Winter had just begun to come out from its hiding place after waiting all year, and it was beginning to show. Baekhyun's mother had planted her snowdrops and winter aconites at the end of fall, and bulbs were already appearing all over the garden. The trees, whih had stood tall and proud throughout the year, had lost all their orange-once green-leaves, and had become dormant. A gush of cold wind made Baekhyun hug his brown jacket against his body, which was hard to do, hence the groceries. With the back of one of his hands, he rubbed his poor freezing nose, which he was sure was as red as the mittens that he had on. He sighed, then put his hand on the cold metal door handle, and pushed it down. 

 

Baekhyun's POV

"Haaaa", I say as I am engulfed in the warmth of our living room. I drop the recycable plastic bags and quickly leap onto the nearest sofa. I lay my head on the armrest and close my eyes, and sigh with content. Not wanting to move any part of my body, because I feel so comfortable. I hear footsteps making their way towards me, but decide to ignore them and pretend to be asleep.

"Baekhyunnie", my mother's gentle voice whispers as she gently nudges my shoulder. But, she is unheard.

"Baekhyun you'll catch a cold if you sleep here, so please get up", she urges, nudging me again with a bit more force. Nope, not gonna happen, I'm in heaven right now, I think to myself.

This goes on for about five minutes, ad then she stops nudging me and stands up, I smirk, thinking she's given up, but then she see's my lips moving, and oh boy....

"BYUN BAEKHYUN  GET YOUR UP RIGHT NOW, YOU ARE GOING TO MISS SEEING SUNLIGHT"

And let's just say that I moved my body faster than I ever thought was possible.

 

"Baekhyun dear, why weren't you wearing the new jacket I bought for you, earlier you were wearing that ratty old brown one", my mother said while the two of us were sitting in the kitchen eating sushi for dinner.

"Because I don't want to wear it.", I said bluntly.

"Oh but the color looks great on you, and some leggings would compliment your figure wonderfully, your little waist and hipsare perfect fo-", I cut her off.

"MOM. I DON'T WANT TO WEAR A PINK SWEATER AND LEGGINGS! I'M A GUY, GUYS DON'T WEAR THOSE THINGS! WHY IS IT THAT EVERYT-", Achoo! ACHOO!, I begin furiously sneezing then coughing. My nose starts running and a headache suddenly rushes through my head, making it feel like it had been split open.

"Baekhyun! You must've gotten sick from being outside for so long, I knew that making you get the groceries in this weather was a ba-",

"MOM! I CAN HANDLE GETTIN SOME ING GROCERIES OKAY? SERIOUSLY I'M NOT SOME SICK PUPPY THAT IS UNCAPABLE OF DOING-", ACHOO!

"Baekhyun, go to your room and we'll talk tomorrow", she says emotionlessly.

I stand up abrubtly and leave, not wanting to be awake any longer. My bed welcomes me, I quickly slip off my shirt and climb under the covers. Knowing that mom will scold me for sleeping half , saying that I will get even sicker.

I grit my teeth, why does she treat me like a china doll? I'm a man, she should depend on me, she should ask me to do things, she shouldn't be managing a household without a...", The tears begin to fall before I can stop them, because the one thing that makes me even angrier and sadder than her treating me like this, was thinking of how my dad left her.

I was only five, and I didn't understand why my mother was always crying, or what the scars all over her body were. 

 

Until I got one across my own back, it was then I understood.