XXV. Tribulation

Mamamoo's Mishaps

[1 Week Later]

Wheein stood in the hallway of the hospital scrolling through her text messages on her phone. 
 
{Moonbyul> Hey did you need anything from the Shopping Center?
{Wheein> Nothing today thank you for asking. 
{Moonbyul> Kk girl, we'll stop by tomorrow to visit
{Wheein> Tell Solar I said Hi, see yah Moon
 
She finished her last thought and put her phone away. She looked around the hallway as she waited. There was always an uneasy feeling when she walked through the hospital. It could of been her prior experience with hospitals, it could of been the sterile nature of the buildings, or it could of been her fear of being alone in a place where people die. No matter the reason she knew she had to be here. Wheein hadn't left the hospital ever since Hwasa entered and she wasn't going to leave until Hwasa was allowed to leave with her. She had stayed in Hwasa's room the entire week she was there, never leaving her side. The doctor today sent her out to remove her casts because her stents were healing well. The door to Hwasa's room opened and the doctor stepped out. 
"She's good now, let me know if she wakes up, I want to talk to you about something later, I have an appointment to get to"~The Doctor said as she left Wheein to herself 
"Komawo"~Wheein said as she waved to the doctor. She then grabbed her purse and walked into the room. There Hwasa lay, still unconscious from the incident last week. She didn't have a brace or cast anymore and she looked so peaceful with her short blue hair drooped next to her sleepy face. She finally was looking normal again and Wheein was happy to see Hwasa's progress. Hwasa was always quite the beauty, even unconscious, but seeing her up close only reinforced that truth. She was of fair complexion, wisps of hair streaked with highlights of blue that always seemed to gleam when they captured the light just right. She had the kindest pair of coffee brown eyes trimmed by long gorgeous lashes. Lovely eyes, yet somehow gentle, that always held a tiny warmth within them that a person could feel even if they were closed. Florid cheeks and flawlessly sculpted lips, as if crafted by angels themselves; sitting this close to her Wheein could see them clearly, glistening attractively with cherry lip balm that added further rosy color. All these features set together on a delicate almost, angelic face. Wheein sat next to Hwasa and held her hand. She then began to sing. 
미안해 미안해 하지마
내가 초라해지잖아
빨간 예쁜 입술로
어서 나를 죽이고 가
나는 괜찮아
마지막으로 나를 바라봐줘
아무렇지 않은 듯 웃어줘
네가 보고 싶을 때
기억할 수 있게
나의 머릿속에 네 얼굴 그릴 수 있게
Wheein sang to Hwasa everyday in hopes that she would wake up. Today she was singing "Eyes, Nose, Lips" because of the way she could never forget Hwasa's face. She finished the song and to her dismay Hwasa was still comatose. She gripped Hwasa's hand more tightly and started tearing up. She sat there quiet, her arms wrapped gently around Hwasa in a hug, hoping to comfort her but it was more self comfort. Wheein's body gently rocked back and forth, her cheeks stained with the endless stream of tears from her glossy eyes, enduring the emotional pain that continued to engulf her mind. 
"Anh.......please.......wake up"~Wheein said as she buried her face into the bedside. She cried to the point where she could not control her breathing and had trouble taking in air, kind of like a person who is drowning and can't get any gasp of oxygen. She felt broken as if her world crumbled around her. Hwasa was her everything, the light in her candle, the chest that held her emotions, the exit to a world so painful. Hwasa wasn't there to comfort her this time, Wheein was never alone when Hwasa was with her but now she felt a crushing feeling isolation in the silence that Hwasa gave. She brought her head up and looked Hwasa in the face and the side of her cheek. 
"Saranghae"~Wheein whispered to the unconscious Hwasa as she got up to leave to go grab some food. As she did though her hand was stopped by something. She turned to see Hwasa's hand grip her own, with Hwasa slowly opening her eyes. They stare at each other not saying a word, knowing how each other felt. Seconds pass, Wheein's brain was taking it in, struggling to comprehend that this is real. Her mind can't formulate a thought, at least not one based in any language, and if she doesn't touch Hwasa soon her atoms will tear themselves apart. How the space between them is instantly erased she'll never recall, but one moment they were apart and the next they are morphed into a single being. The warmth of Hwasa's body meets Wheein's cold skin. One of her hands clasps around Wheein's lower back, the other her hair. With each soft touch more tears fall, tears neither of them wipe away. Just as they were finishing the touching reunion Hwasa's doctor came in. Wheein, expecting the doctor to be happy, is bewildered to see she has a very discouraged look on her face. 
"Oh, you're awake, Hwasa may I talk to you alone?"~The Doctor
"Why can't I be here?"~Wheein said looking irritated 
"Y.....Yeah...Wh..Why.....Can't.....Sh..She.."~Hwasa stuttered as she clasped her hands over , not expecting to speak the way she did. Wheein jolted and looked at Hwasa as they both seemed shocked at what just happened. She removed her hands from her face shaking and looked at the doctor.
"Whats...Wr..Wrong...with...M....M...Me?"~Hwasa said with her hands trembling from her speech failing her. 
"Well Hwasa when you fell, you struck your head really hard giving you a Grade two concussion, that paired with the trauma your body went through led to a slight brain hemorrhage giving you spasmodic dysphonia or vocal speech disorder"~The Doctor said as she showed Wheein and Hwasa an X-ray of her brain. 
"What can I do?!"~Wheein said grabbing the doctor by her white coat. 
"There is nothing you can do right now, Hwasa will need to go through some physical therapy, it is fixable but how long depends, it could be days, weeks, or even months, I'll leave you two to yourself"~The doctor said as she left the room.
Hwasa's shoulders were slumped and her eyes cast down in a mournful gaze. was set in a stoic way where no emotion came  from her. Hwasacriedas if her brain was being shredded from the inside. Emotional pain flowed out of her every pore. From came a cry from so raw that even the eyes of the Wheein were suddenly wet with tears. She grabbed onto the bed so that her violent shaking would not cause her to fall and from her eyes came a thicker flow of tears than she had cried for even Wheein's incident the previous year. Wheein was trying to comfort her for all the good it did. The whole world had vanished for her, now there was only pain to break her. Wheein, herself, was tearing up for Hwasa as well. To get Hwasa back gave her joy but to see Hwasa so ruined, she couldn't take it. She brought Hwasa in close and spoke into her ear.
"I will always love you no matter what, you are forever embedded in my heart, we will get through this Anh. I've known you since we were children, don't give up, you never did and you won't start now. No matter what happens I will always love you Anh Hyejin"~Wheein said as she pulled away from Hwasa, seeing the many streams of tears on her face. Hwasa looked at Wheein and began a soft smile. 
"I......L....Love....You"~Hwasa said as she wiped away the tears from her face. 
"I know, now come here"~Wheein said as she came in for a kiss. Their lips met and clung together as if they were puzzle pieces meant to fit in tandem from conception. Hwasa was scared, she was absolutely terrified and worried about her condition, but having Wheein to help her through it definitely eased her feelings.