XVII. Progress

Mamamoo's Mishaps

[1 Month Later] 
 Hwasa sat in a recording booth waiting for her cue. It had been awhile since she had been in one and she remembers it fondly. She reminisces about the times Moonbyul, Solar, Wheein, and her did this last. They were recording audio for their song "New York".
"Lets Get it"~Hwasa said as the song
She stared at Wheein as she began to sing. She always admired how passionate Wheein was when it came to singing. The way she always seemed to push herself beyond her limits just made Hwasa love her even more. 
"남들과 다른 시간대 산다면 Let’s hang out"~Solar sang as she motioned towards Hwasa
"Make it loud, ooh yeah"~Hwasa sang as she giggled to herself. Solar herself was amazing in every right when it came to being Mamamoo's lead vocalist. She knew her strength was in her voice and she always shined. 
"시간 낭비야 그저 그런 고민
24/7 벨트 매 Grab me
내 맘대로 할거야
나만 믿고 따라와
Are you ready to fly?"~Moonbyul finished her rap as Wheein started the chorus. Moonbyul was the main rapper of the group, she never had time to highlight her singing potential, Hwasa and the other girls knew though, her singing was exemplary. Hwasa remembered all of the joy the girls had in a recording booth similar to the one she was currently sitting in. The violet coloured padded walls, along with the long-arm microphone that jutted along the ceiling, the cue light that rested to her left and it seemed to be.....blinking. She knew it was coming as her microphone was and the light turned solid green. She heard a bit of the track as she got ready. 
"Hook가 Everybody gettin down like this" the track echoed as she gripped the microphone leaning in to start her verse.
"영준이 렉스오빠 받고 Hwasa! 
태생부터 나는 육감 쪄먹었네
엄마 아빠 merci beaucoup
스물 넘으니 내 몸매 열매
풍년 왔네 닐리리야 니나노
나의 모든 게 fresh
앞으론 이곳저곳 터질 flash
꿈을 크게 꿔라 혜진아"
Hwasa was being featured on Hook가 by High4 20, a sub unit of High4. Due to Mamamoo's hiatus their manager wanted the girls to do broaden their appeal while they weren't making music. Hwasa agreed to be featured on the song since she knew Alex and Youngjun(High4 20) from her trainee days. 
"깨져도 그 조각이 크다
유일무이 신의 계시
여리 호리 한 몸으로 뭘 하겠니
밥 좀 묵어 단디 (단디)
쥐뿔도 없이 시작한 막내 딸내미가
통장만 봤다 하면 억수로 0이 많아
Oh I got it
I love myself dear Hwasa. Yeah...... "~Hwasa finished as she took in a deep breath from the long rap she just did. The track cut off and a few audible cheers could be heard from the other room. Two guys walked into the booth with Hwasa and cheered while hugging her. 
"Yo, Hwasa that was daebak!"~Alex said as he pulled away with Youngjun. 
"Yeah girl, you were fire, thanks for coming on such short notice"~Youngjun said as he kissed Hwasa's hand. 
"Awe anything for you oppa's"~Hwasa said as she held her hand over her chest
"Yeah, Hey how's Wheein been?"~Alex inquired
"She's doing better, thank you for caring"~Hwasa said blushing a bit
"Here's a gift from all of us at High4"~Youngjun said as he handed her a small box
"Thank you guys soooo much"~Hwasa said as she held the gift shaking it a bit. 
"Eeh! Don't break it"~Alex said jokingly 
"It's more of a gift to all you girls"~Alex said as he patted her on the back
"Do you need a ride to the Hospital Hwasanami?"~Youngjun said as he playfully wrapped an arm around Hwasa.
"No no, could you guys actually take me to the Shinsegae mall, I'm supposed to meet a a few friends there first"~Hwasa
"Sure girl, we were on our way down there too"~Alex said as they were leaving the studio. They walked towards Youngjun's mustang as the three were caching up and mingling.
"So Moonbyul is having a baby?"~Alex said as he got in the car
"Yeah she is, She and Solar are having a girl"~Hwasa said as she got in the car, Youngjun staring at her with a puzzled look
"Moonbyul plus Solar..........Baby......... How?"~Youngjun asked 
Hwasa laughed and started to explain to the boys all the little rollercoasters of emotion the girls had gone through the past year. As Hwasa finished the boys looked stunned by her story. 
"Wow, you guys have had quite the year"~Youngjun said as they were approaching the mall. 
"Yeah, hey I heard G-Dragon visited you guys too, when did he do that"~Alex asked as Hwasa gritted her teeth trying to force a fake smile. 
"He....visited me and Wheein last month, it was.....nice"~Hwasa forced herself to say as they reached Shinsegae. 
"Here we are Hwasa"~Alex said pulling up to the front of the mall
"Thank you guys sooooo much for everything"~Hwasa said as she got out of the car
"No problem baby girl"~Youngjun said as he flashed her a peace sign
"Yeah, we'll visit you guys later, we gotta go film our dance practice"~Alex said as they began driving off
"Bye Alex, Later Young"~Hwasa said waving them goodbye 
"See yah, yah! Everybody get down like Hook가"~Youngjun said as he blasted the radio.
"Them silly boys"~Hwasa said laughing to herself
"Ok so they said they were on the 7th floor"~Hwasa said as she walked into the mall.
Shinsegae was one of the largest malls in South Korea and navigating it was going to be an adventure. She made it to the second floor before the elevator stopped. She tried pressing the seventh floor but a buzzer kept sounding as the  elevator screen said "ERROR". She left the elevator to just walk around the second floor for a bit to look for the stairs. She found the stairs and groaned at what she saw. It was a long and spiraled up for what seemed like an eternity. She began her trek up the stairs, she walked up stairs for about 15 minutes before stopping to take a break. She looked up and realized she was only on the fifth floor. She pushed on and made it to the seventh floor. She was beyond tired and had to sit down at a nearby bench. She scanned around the floor and found who she was looking for. She saw Solar sitting at a table in the food court. Solar was wearing a fuzzy brown sweater while drinking a boba drink when Hwasa spotted her. Hwasa walked over as she waved at her. 
"Hey Kim!"~Hwasa shouted as she came closer
"Hey"~Solar said as she pulled a seat out for Hwasa
"Where's Moon?"~Hwasa asked looking around
"She went to the bathroom........again"~Solar said as she drank her drink. Hwasa began with asking about how Solar was with the song she was featured on. Since Solar sang on Eddie Kim's song 'Coffee&Tea'.
"Oh yeah Eddy Kim was really nice"~Solar
"Did he you know, come on to you?"~Hwasa teased
"Gah you're always so dirty"~Solar said as she pinched Hwasa
"Don't lie we're both dirty women"~Hwasa said as she puckered her lips
"Stop you're so greasy "~Solar said as she cupped her hand over Hwasa's mouth. 
"Yeah, I'm the only one who gets to be greasy to her"~Moonbyul's voice cutting through their conversation. "Wow" was all Hwasa could say as she turned and saw Moonbyul. She was currently 4 month's pregnant at this point and she was definitely starting to get bigger. Moonbyul was wearing her "moon" sweater, even under the baggy piece of clothing her belly was noticeable. It had looked like she shoved a small pillow under her shirt, which made her waddle a bit. 
"You did get bigger Moon"~Hwasa said as she lightly tapped Moonbyul's baby belly. 
"You said it wasn't noticeable!"~Moonbyul said as she started poutting and began to cry
"I said not that noticeable"~Solar said as she got up to give Moonbyul a hug. 
"Sorry.....I'm just very moody right now"~Moonbyul said wiping the tears from her face
"It's ok hormones, are hormones"~Hwasa said as she got up to hug Moonbyul
"I'm so fat!"~Moonbyul said as she started crying again. 
"No no no Moony"~Sopar said as she hugged Moonbyul again. It took them about 10 minutes to calm Moonbyul down before she stopped crying. 
"Thank you guys so much, I hate this feeling so much"~Moonbyul said as she rubbed her tummy
"Well at least you're doing well"~Hwasa said as she noticed someone approaching them
"Seem's like all my unnies are doing well"~A female voice interrupted the conversation 
All three girls turned and shouted in glee to see Esther Nara Yoon (Esna). 
"I missed you girls, so much"~Esna.