XXIV. Agony

Mamamoo's Mishaps

CL stood there in the doorway with a pained look on her face. She looked like she had been crying for awhile due to the streams of tears leaving wet mascara lines on her face. 

"What?"~Ailee said still stunned by CL's sudden appearance
"What are you doing here Chaelin?"~Hwasa inquired 
"I came.....to get Taeyang back"~CL said starting to cry again. 
"What do you mean? He's with Amy now"~Wheein
"Look I don't know why but this heartbreak feels cold. It feels like concrete drying in my chest. This heartbreak was unexpected, as they always are - top of the world one minute and cut down the next."~CL 
"I'm sorry Chaelin but I don't know what to do here"~Ailee 
"Please just let me talk to Taeyang!! He won't answer my texts or phone calls"~CL
"He's on tour right now Chaelin, there's nothing I can do for you right now"~Ailee said as she was leaving with Hwasa and Wheein. CL stood in the hallway looking defeated. She stayed rooted to the spot, slowly moving her hand her hair softly away from the cheekbones that had become so much more prominent. Her features buckled just slightly before she spoke, the only betrayal of her grief.
"You have to tell Taeyang!"~CL screamed as she chased after Ailee. She reached the group of girls at the stairs and grabbed Ailee by her forearm. 
"Amy! TELL TAEYANG!"~CL said strong-arming Ailee 
"Chaelin let go of me!"~Ailee said trying to tug away
"Let her go!"~Hwasa said trying to push CL off
"Stay out of this!!!!"~Cl said as she shoved Hwasa with such force she stumbled backward. Wheein stared in shock as she saw where Hwasa  was headed. Ailee and CL stopped as they looked stunned as well. Hwasa stumbled to the first stair and freefell backwards. Wheein reached out to grab her hand but could not reach it in time.  For Hwasa the world slowed as she fell. She was hit across her mid section with the first tumble, feeling an indescribable pain flowing through her. Her heart squeezed as she fell over. Her ribs snapped like twigs. Blood flooded to her eyes giving them a blood shot look. Hwasa cried in agony as she rolled down another set of stairs. Searing fiery bursts pulsated around her body every time she hit another stair, intensifying with each dragging impact, jarring and brutal. With each impact the pain amplified, her body's muscle quivered, her consciousness ebbed. Black mists swirled at the edges of her mind drawing her into sweet oblivion. Hwasa finally reached the end of the staircase, falling into a sitting position as the back of her head hit the wall while she drooled crimson red blood. Her arms ached. No matter how she moved them, they were impossibly numb. Someone could cut them off and she wouldn’t feel a thing. Her numb arms were one of the least of her problems, thought they were an irritant. The pain throbs in her gut and her head, it's deep and warm, but not in a nice way. It feels like someone has their hand in there and squeezing her organs first gently and then as hand as they can. There is no blood anywhere on her besides the drip of blood coming from . 
"Hwasa!"~Wheein said as she quickly jotted down the stairs. Ailee followed suit but turned around to see CL running away the other direction. Wheein made it down to Hwasa and held her in her arms. Noticing that there was blood coming oozing from the back of Hwasa's head as well. In that moment of realization her world collapsed - where there was light became shadows, the pain coming and going like waves on frigid sand. She couldn't believe what was happening it was like a bad dream. Wheein cried as she stared into Hwasa's eyes, which were slowly closing as she was passing out. 
"It.....(gah)...... hurts........ so"~Hwasa tried to say through her blood filled mouth as she passed out. 
"No no no no.........No!!!"~Wheein cried out
[Later at the hospital]
Wheein sat in the a hospital room similar to her own when she was debilitated. But unlike last time, where she felt scared and powerless, the feeling this time was that of pain and sorrow as she gazed onto the lifeless form of Hwasa. Hwasa had undergone many surgeries to keep her alive and Wheein was with her the entire time. Hwasa had a grade two concussion, she dislocated her right arm, broken three of her ribs, and suffered some internal bleeding from the fall. She now lay in the hospital bed with a brace on her neck and a cast on her arm. She was alive but unconscious. Wheein now know's what it must of felt like for Hwasa to see herself in this position, and the feeling was unbearable. To see the one girl she loved without a single shred of life brought Wheein to tears again. In Wheein's sobbing was the sound of a heart breaking. Hearts don't snap like brittle caramel or burst like an overfilled balloon. A heart breaks in the heaving waves of a new disturbing reality that has arrived uninvited. It is the one in which joy doesn't exist, or your loved one is in critical condition. It is entering a reality she can't bear and so it breaks. Her sobs were stifled at first as she attempted to hide her grief, she was then overcome by the wave of her emotions she breaks down entirely, all her defences washed away in those salty tears. Wheein had always been so self-conscious when shecriedbut now she just gave way to the enormity of her grief. She sobbed into her hands and the tears dripped between her fingers, raining down onto the hard tiled floor. Her breathing was ragged, gasping and the strength left her legs. She sank to her knees not caring about the icey cold floor that rubbed against her kneew. She was noisy, her makeup was blotched from all the crying she did but there was no-one there to witness it let alone come to comfort her. She was, to put it simply, she was shattered. She continued to cry as she heard the door slowly being opened. Wheein quickly collected herself, stopped crying and turned towards the door to see who it was. She turned to see Solar and Moonbyul walk in. 
"Hey Moon, Hey Kim"~Wheein said trying to paste a smile on her face. 
Wheein tried to look strong but saw Solar along with Moonbyul start tearing up and she was broken again. She ran up to the both of them crying and hugged them. Wheein flings herself into their embrace with a strangled sob. She buries her face into the crook of Solar's and Moonbyul's shoulders and they stand there like that for a while, Wheein wracked with the force of unvoiced cries and they held her, heart aching for their best friend. Wheein slowly pulled away and noticed a Moonbyul was carrying a car seat. In it contained little Eunbyul. She was a month old now and was a delicate little flower. Her hair was starting to grow out and her face was rounding out adorably. Seeing her brought a smile to Wheein's face knowing Hwasa wanted to have a child with her. The only silver lining that she could bring to mind about today.