XVI. Devotion

Mamamoo's Mishaps

Moonbyul stared at Eric Nam and had to remember the most grueling few months of her life. The time Solar was a contestant on "We Got Married" with Eric. She could remember every time they went on a date it made her cringe. Moonbyul knew they were only doing it for entertainment purposes but it irked her everytime she saw Eric. She remembered the day she was a guest on WGM. It was over a year and a half ago when the episode was filmed. They invited her down to the suburbs in Ulsan. She sat in a room with other show runners as they waited. Moonbyul looked onward as Solar stepped in with Eric. She wrapped herself around him closer than food wrap and is just as transparent. Her gaze overly made-up eyes with her vapidity, simpering softly until Eric told a joke. The way Solar laughed, Moonbyul knew it was artificial. Solar will giggle like she's three and a half, and then continue like she didn't care for it. It wasn't the way Solar was that bothered her, it was how clingy Eric was that entire day. Every chance he got he pulled Solar in for kiss on the cheek. It got to the point where Moonbyul felt like he just did it to irritate her. Moonbyul never let Solar know how she felt about Eric because she never wanted Solar to know she was jealous of him. She had no idea why Eric Nam was here at the hospital but she didn't like it one bit. 
"Hey Eric!"~Solar said as she went up to Eric for a hug
"Oh my how's my 'Wife' been"~Eric said playfully as Moonbyul gave him a disgusted look. 
"So why are you here Eric?"~Moonbyul asked to her disspleasure. 
"Well I came to visit my moo moos after I heard what happened"~Eric said as he hugged Solar 
"Who told you?"~Solar said as she pulled away
"Who didn't"~Eric exclaimed as he pulled out his phone to show Moonbyul and Solar. He had gotten texts from a variety of people. From Ailee, Jimin, Choa, to even Taeyang telling him of Moonbyul's and Solar's predicament.
"I guess, I should say congrats on being mums"~Eric said as she patted Moonbyul's belly. 
"Oh........thank you"~Moonbyul said surprised at Eric's reaction. 
"That reminds me i gotta go get my phone, I'll be right back Moony"~Solar said as she walked away. Moonbyul walked towards the lobby's seats as Eric helped her sit down. She wasn't used to Eric being like this towards her it was almost as if............ 
"Hey Moonbyul"~Eric said as Moonbyul turned her attention towards him
"I'm very happy for you and Solar"~Eric said as he put his hand on Moonbyul's thigh
"But dont you ever wonder what if?"~He said as he leaned in closer to Moonbyul. She pushed him away as she had no idea where this was coming from. She scooted away from him and looked onward at him with a puzzled look. 
"Woah woah woah"~Monnbyul said holding her hands up.
"It must be shocking to you but, I actually always found you attractive"~Eric said as he scooted closer
"But I always thought you had a thing for Solar........ "~Moonbyul 
"We were acting on a show Moonbyul, none of it was real. I felt nothing and i know for a fact Solar felt nothing"~Eric said as he got even closer
"But you, when I first saw you, your snarky smile, the way you spoke to me, the way you seemed to even dislike me, I found that very, alluring"~Eric said as he put his hand on Moonbyul's thigh again
"Didn't you feel the same way?"~Eric said as he tried closing the gap again. Moonbyul as she did before pushed him away. 
"Woah no no no no no no no no Eric"~Moonbyul said as she tried to process everything that just happened. 
"Oh well, I guess thats all cleared up, Tell Solar I said bye"~Eric said as he stood up to leave.
Moonbyul sat there dumbfounded by the events that had just taken place. Moonbyul knew Solar was beautiful but Moonbyul never really thought of herself to be pretty. She wasn't beautiful in the classical way like Solar, no flowing curls or ivory skin; no piercing eyes of radiant colors. She thought about herself as average and certainly less feminine than other girls, but apparently something radiated from within that rendered her irresistible to both genders. She glanced up as Solar came back. 
"Hey Moony, Wheres Eric?"~Solar asked while looking around
"Oh He left, he had.... Um...... Business to tend to"~Moonbyul said as she got up from her chair. 
"Do you think im pretty?"~Moonbyul asked as she held Solar's hands
"Eeeeh! Stop being so greasy in public"~Solar said as she made a poutty face
"Kim, C'mon I wanna know how you think I'm pretty"~Moonbyul said as she pulled Solar in closer
"Well, there's a shyness to you almost a naivety to it. It brings out your smile. Everytime I stare at you I see a flawlessness that can't be imitated."~Solar said as she brought Moonbyul in for a peck on the cheek
"Awe, you're so greasy you could fry me up"~Moonbyul teased Solar as she gave her a hug
"You're lucky you're pregnant right now"~Solar said as they continued their embrace. Hugs could never be long enough for Moonbyul. In Solar's arms she was safe and her worries disappeared like rain on summer earth. In that embrace she was cocooned better than any butterfly-to-be. She felt her soft skin and the gentle squeeze on Solar's own. She bathed in the warmth and the smell of a delicate summer flower. No matter when the end came it was too soon and she would would always regret pulling away.
"Come, lets go see the girls"~Solar said as she pulled Moonbyul along. They made it to Wheein's room in almost no time. 
"Wait........a second......Kim"~Moonbyul said very winded from the dash they just finished
"Ha! I love you"~Solar said as she pulled Moonbyul towards the room. They opened the door and were greeted with Hwasa kissing Wheein sitting down. 
"Ooooooh"~Moonbyul and Solar said in unison as Hwasa turned around
"Hi boos"~Hwasa said as she came over for a hug. Wheein strained herself but got up from her chair and started walking over. 
"Oh My Wheein!"~Solar said as she cupped in surprise. 
"Yeah yeah come here, We need one of these"~Wheein said as she joined in on the hug. For the first time in forever the girls felt together again. In each other's embrace the world stopped still on its axis. There was no time, no wind, no rain. All the girl's mind were at peace. The group hug felt Pure. Unselfish. Undemanding. Free. They felt their body press in, soft and warm. This was the love they waited for, clamoured for. They inwardly cherished the moment and hugged all the tighter. A love like this was to be cherished for life. Finally, the girls felt home, they felt complete, Mamamoo was whole again.