.Judgment day

Blackmail Boyfriend / New Beginnings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next morning I wake up early so that I can catch omma before she leaves for her thirteen hour shift at work. "What's wrong?" she asks, stifling a yawn and rubbing her dark circles. "Here" I say, tossing to her the money I stole, rolled up neatly in a cylinder. She looks at the money blankly, unsure of the appropriate reaction. 

"Where did you get that?" Jae Young suddenly asks, appearing behind me. I turn to my younger brother who's glaring me down with suspicion.

"Just shut up and take the medicine I bought for you. It's in the bathroom."

But Jaeyoung wasn't stupid and he knew exactly how expensive his medication was, and that usually it would be beyond our budget. "Did you steal from someone again?" he accuses.

"Yah!" Omma snaps at him, looking furious. "Be grateful for your sister when she takes care of you so well."

Jaeyoung glares at me stubbornly. "One day you'll get caught and arrested" he warns. I smile and ruffle his tidy black hair. 

"Then study hard to become a lawyer and you can defend your noona in court."

He knocks my hand away, saying goodbye to omma before leaving for school. I go to get my own bag to leave when omma calls out to me. 

"Mi-ah, be careful." I know that she's not just saying it in general. She's fully aware of what I do, but when you're as desperate as our family it would be idiotic to turn away money. I smile widely to help reassure her. "Don't worry, I'm always careful."

I spend the journey to school fighting off my guilty conscience and the expression of worry on omma's face. I do what I have to do, and I shouldn't be sorry for trying to keep my family healthy and with a roof over their heads. 

When I get to school Chanyeol is waiting at the gates. "Mi-ah, I've been waiting for you!" he says, falling into step besides me. I try not to look too pleased. "Some people would call that harassment" I joke. He hands me a sheet of paper, batting his eyelashes cutely. "I need your help." 

I role my eyes at his unfinished Chemistry work. "What would you do without me?" I tease. He smiles and wraps his arm around my shoulders.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter