.Doll house

Blackmail Boyfriend / New Beginnings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The following Monday Sehun isn't at school and it bothers me that I can't seem to concentrate and can only think of where he might be. I didn't have his number, but he had mine and I caught myself checking my phone frequently just encase. I don't even notice when Chanyeol enters the classroom and sits down in front of me, nor do I notice when Teacher Gong walks in, and I don't notice when Chanyeol tries to pass me my work. 

"Yah!" his deep voice finally breaks through my slumber and I snap to attention. 

"What?"

He wriggles the booklet under my nose before dropping it onto my desk. "What are you thinking about?" 

I suddenly blush profoundly and clear my throat, shaking my head. "Nothing."

"Where's Sehun?"

"Why would you ask me?"

I suddenly realised that I was speaking rudely and I look down in shame, apologising in embarrassment and awkwardness. It's as if I didn't know how to even talk to Chanyeol anymore. He frowns slightly and my imagination sees sadness in his expression and I feel even more worse.

"You must have a lot on your mind" is all he says before turning away and I silently curse him for being sympathetic. It made it difficult to still be upset with him and I could feel my feelings for him stretch inside of me after their long sleep. I slap my temple lightly to get rid of the thoughts. I couldn't let myself go there. I wouldn't be left rejected and embarrassed again by Chanyeol. But I missed him. 

It surprised me that I was now wishing that Sehun was here more than ever before. He at least would provide a distraction from my troublesome thoughts. 

As if the heavens were listening an unidentified number calls my phone at lunch and I answer quickly. 

"Yobeoseyo?"

"Do you miss me?" comes his familiar voice and I sit down on the bench smiling. 

"No. Why? Do you miss me?"

"Don't be ridiculous. I'm Oh Se Hun. I miss nobody." I could almost hear his ego laughing in the background. 

"Then why are you calling me?" 

"Come to my house after school."

"I can't skip night school."

"Aigoo, just come. I'm ill. I need your help. Can you really turn away your ill boyfriend?"

I roll my eyes, imagining him pouting cutely on the other end of the line. 

"Fine."

"I'll see you later then my dear" he hangs up and I stare at the blank screen with a small smile. 

"You look happy" suddenly comes a deep voice and I jump, looking around to see Chanyeol walking up behind me. He stands with his hands in his pockets and doesn't sit down, only looking at me with a blank expression. The smile disappears from my face suddenly and I return his indifference. 

"What are you doing here? It's cold" I say the first thing that comes to mind and wonder why I wasn't quick enough to think of something smarter to say?

Chanyeol exhales deeply, his breath forming a small cloud that makes him smile like a child. "I find it relaxing here."

"Me too."

We stare at each other afterwards, and to my surprise the silence is comfortable. I don't feel the urge to fill it with empty words and somehow find myself enjoying the silent company. The bell rings in the distance, ripping me out of my fleeting moment of peace. "We should go, or we'll be late" I say, getting up and turning away. 

"Mi-ah" Chanyeol calls. I stop in my tracks and after a moments hesitation turn around. Chanyeol looks at me with an expression that brings butterflies to my stomach and makes my cheeks heat up against the cold winter air. 

"I'm sorry."

I can feel myself begin to choke up but for once I don't turn and run away. His words send a wave of emotion rattling through my body and it makes a lump grow in my throat. Somehow I manage to smile instead of cry. "Me too."

Chanyeol looks down at his feet and I don't move, unsure if I really wanted to leave. He looks up then and smiles. It's his familiar warm smile that makes me feel as if I was on cloud 9 and that everything would be alright. 

"Let's go my love" he says, gently taking my hand and pulling me in the direction of the school building. 

I slip out of night school later that afternoon, ducking the teachers and catching the bus to Sehun's house. His gates look hostile and I feel nervous walking into his front garden. A maid greets me at the side entrance and leads me upstairs to where Sehun was. I was fortunate enough to not run into any of his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter