.En route

Blackmail Boyfriend / New Beginnings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I don't get up early anymore. The motivation has escaped me. The will to see the day through to the end is absent. I feel empty and hollow, like a cushion stripped of its filling. 

Stupid, right? All this for a guy. One stupid, cruel, heartbreaking guy who still took my breath away and made my heart pound when he entered the room. 

"Yah," Jae pulls the covers off of me, a scowl on his face. "Where's breakfast?" 

"Make it yourself" I hiss. His expression is shocked as if I had just slapped him. I get the silent treatment from him for the rest of the morning. 

After skipping breakfast I only just make it to school before roll call is taken. I silently slip into my seat, ignoring the eyes that follow me to my desk.  

"Good morning" Chanyeol whispers. 

I push a small smile onto my face and pretend to be busy finding my notes. 

If you're wondering where Sehun is, the truth is that I have no idea. The last time I saw his face was two months ago, when he said goodbye before leaving for his flight to Japan. It was not a goodbye worth remembering. There was no final declaration of love and our eyes were drier than the Sahara. But I won't deny the sadness that I felt. A small part of me had hoped that he would stay, but I guess there was nothing that was worth him staying for. 
Fortunately, life moves on, and last week I sat my university entrance exam. If I have done well enough, I'm looking at a scholarship to a bachelor's degree in business.

"Three more weeks!" Chanyeol cheers. He collapses besides me on the bench and rests his heavy head on my shoulder. "Three more weeks and we're finally free of this god awful place." 

I close my book and rest my cheek on the top of his head, watching a bird in a nearby tree. "Are you really that relieved to be leaving? Do you hate it here that much?"

"I'm bored of here. I want a new adventure." 
His words bring a small smile to my lips. I envy his carefree attitude. For someone like Chanyeol, education is just an experience. For me, it's a matter of survival in this cruel society. "But of course I'll miss you" he adds as an after thought. 

"I'm sure you'll find a new me, like I will you."

He sits up suddenly, causing my head to painfully drop.

"You think I'm so easily replaceable?" He asks with a playful pout. 

I open my mouth but my mind fails me to find something witty to say. Instead, his words are heavy on my ears and cause me to frown slightly. "No. I don't think I'll ever replace you, Park Chanyeol."

He isn't flattered. I can feel his eyes examine me carefully, full of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter