.Trouble in paradise

Blackmail Boyfriend / New Beginnings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When I get to school there is a tense knot in my chest that hadn't left me since the previous day. 

"Are you okay?" Sehun asks. He leans his head on his palm and stares at me with narrowed eyes. 

"Why?" 

"You look sick."

I scoff and try to brush it off. "Thanks" I say sarcastically. 

At that moment Chanyeol walks into class. His expression is neutral, which is a change from his usual hyper self. I don't try to pretend to not be looking as he takes his seat. I didn't want to argue with him. I wanted to be talking to him and laughing like we once did and I wish he knew that. If only I could go and turn back time.

He turns around suddenly. I snap out of my thoughts and hold my breath. "You left this the other day" he says, placing the novel we were studying in english on my desk. I don't look at it. Instead I stare at Chanyeol, wishing that I could think of something to say. Wishing that he would smile or say a joke and make me laugh. But he just turns around and I feel as if I had been placed in the arctic winter. 

"Trouble in paradise?" Sehun asks me in a low voice, a smirk on his face. 

"I will smack that smile off of your face" I hiss at him through gritted teeth. He chuckles as if I had told him a smart joke. 

"I'd like to see you try my dear."

When I walk into the cafeteria later that day I don't see Chanyeol. I feel restless as I stand next to Sehun in the queue, wondering if Chanyeol would walk through the doors and hand me a samgak gimbap, scolding me for skipping meals again. "What are you daydreaming about?" Sehun asks as we walk over to the table, his tray full of food that he probably wasn't even going to eat all of. 

"Nothing."

"Don't lie."

"Why do you care?" 

Sehun sighs and stops walking. Reluctantly I stop too and turn to him with what I hoped was an innocent expression. "Is there something wrong with me asking about my girlfriend?" 

I grimace at his words, feeling sick. "We're not real. You don't have to try so hard to pretend to care all of the time. No one can hear you."

Sehun's brow furrows in a frown and his expression looks annoyed almost. Or maybe insulted? Disappointed? I couldn't read Sehun and that was partly why I felt so nervous around him. And then suddenly he smiles. "Aigoo, you are so cruel" he says cutely. 

I roll my eyes, feeling fed up with his jokes and this facade of a happy couple. "I'm going outside" I say. 

"But I bought you lunch."

"You're just saying that to keep me from looking for Chanyeol" I hiss. I had learned to always be suspicious of Sehun, because there was always a secret motive. He wasn't a concerned boyfriend buying lunch for his girlfriend. He was a manipulating sociopath.

He doesn't deny it but only looks at me very seriously that for a second I almost felt swayed. "You'll only be upset if you speak to him. I know Chanyeol, and I know that he won't give you what you want. I don't want to have to deal with a crying mess."

I stare at him blankly, surprised and annoyed at his words. Annoyed that a part of me thought that he might be right. But I wasn't going to admit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter