Sehun

Blackmail Boyfriend / New Beginnings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Time doesn't feel real. Even though it is just a concept created by humans, for a brief moment it felt as if time had stopped. As if we would stay like that, frozen in the universe. But I know that time doesn't stop for anyone. 

I move away from Miyoung, the sound of my blood rushing through my ears. Her cheeks are flame red and her eyes glitter in shock and it still manages to make me smile a little. The sound of heels brings us back down to earth and I remember  the purpose of this again as I look up to see Eunseol. Miyoung turns around in time to see Eunseol turn and retreat, her face in her hands. The sadness in Eunseol's eyes had overwhelmed me with guilt, but it was nothing compared to the look in Miyoung's eyes when she turns back to me. She snatches her hand out from mine as if my skin was burning her and it surprises me that I felt disappointed that she had let me go. 

"Did you...did you stage that?" she asks, her voice tainted with disbelief and disappointment. I try not to give anything away in my expression. I was good at hiding my emotions, and I could see that it made Miyoung nervous. 

"Why do you sound so surprised?" I ask calmly, sliding my hands into my pockets so that Miyoung couldn't see me fidget with them nervously. 

"How could you...?"

"I told you from the beginning that this was to break my engagement. You're simply a tool to help me ruin my parents' plans." A small part of me wants to reach out to her and apologise for my words that caused the hurt in her eyes but I stop myself, taking a step backwards as if I was trying to put distance between me and my guilt. 

"Do you have no shame?!" 

She's angry now. I can feel it. Her expression burns with rage, hands balled up into small fists that I imagine she would like to lay into me with. 

"You should have remembered that we were fake. I can't help that you fell for me." As soon as the words left my mouth I wanted to take them back. I sounded cold and  condescending and I couldn't understand why it was filling my heart with guilt. After all, I was Oh Se Hun. I didn't let people make me feel so weak. 

Miyoung looked as if she wanted to throw a thousand curses at me but she simply falls silent, staring at me as if she saw a stranger in front of her. Without a word she turns around and storms away and I can't forget the glitter of tears in her eyes. 

For the next couple of days I stay at home, using the excuse that I didn't feel well. But the truth was that I was sick with shame, and I didn't understand it. I didn't understand why I felt this way over Miyoung, when I had never felt this way before. I had fallen for her and grown to care for her without realising it, and now I was paying the price. 

"What's wrong with you?" Soohun says as he barges into my room. I look up from the book that I was staring at, too distracted to be able to read the pages, and give him a glare. 

"Get out."

"What did I say?"

I sigh and close my eyes, not in the mood to tolerate his pestering. "I'm ill. Leave me alone."

"Sick with love?"

His words surprise me and I stand up suddenly, snatching my signed baseball from his hands and shoving him towards the door. "Get lost!"

But Soohun was older and bigger and stronger than me and he easily sidestepped past me, bouncing onto my bed. "Aigoo, surely I'm not right? The great Oh Se Hun is in love?!" 

"Shut your mouth."

"But who is it. Eunseol? It can't be; you've spent too long running from your feelings for her for them to suddenly affect you now. Which means that it must be...Miyoung-ssi?"

I don't respond, gritting my teeth to stop myself from starting a fist fight with my hyung. My silence is answer enough and he grins mischievously. "Aigoo, what a mess you've gotten yourself into. You could always come back to Japan with me you know...if love life in Korea is getting too difficult" he teases.

"What do you want?"

"Mrs. Sehun is waiting for you downstairs."

I sigh, throwing my book onto my desk and massaging my headache away. "What

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter