EPILOGUE: His mistake *TEASER*

Blackmail Boyfriend / New Beginnings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hello my dear."

Am I collapsing right now? That's how it feels, as if the ground in swallowing me up into a bottomless pit. 

"Have you been well?" He has changed, though only subtly. His features have grown sharper, giving the impression that he is more mature; his hair is much darker too. I can read the nervousness in his expression, and it occurs to me that I had never seen him like that before. "Why are you not saying anything?" A slight desperation rings in his tone. His behavior is unlike what I remember. Is this really Oh Sehun, polite and even using formalities? But then I remind myself of how good an actor he can be. 

"So then what?" The words come out harsher than I had intended them to. "I mean...what would you want me to say?" 

"That you've been well, I hope. I thought about you a lot."

My hands begin to tremble. I ball them tightly into fists and hide them behind my back. I didn't want him to see the effect his presence had on me, though I suspect he'd already know. He could always see through me. 
"Strange. I tried very hard to not think of you even once." My words are true- I tried with all of my mental effort to forget him -and I care little about them hurting him; he had hurt me so much more before. 

"You speak so harshly now." He reaches for my hand, and I don't have the strength to refuse him. His skin is cold; oddly, I find that it calms me a little.

"Why did you have to come back?" My voice is trembling and weakening. I turn away from him so that he cannot see how emotional I was becoming. I am being ridiculous I'm sure; it was embarr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter