.A stolen heart

Blackmail Boyfriend / New Beginnings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Sehun-ah, are you okay?" My omma asks gently on Monday morning, straightening out my blazer. 

"I'm fine."

"We could speak to Eunseol again..."

"Omma that's enough!" I suddenly snap at her. The room falls silent and all eyes stare at me in shock at the dinner table. 

"Show your mother respect" Abeoji warns and I stubbornly glare at him, my hands shaking from my sudden wave of rage. 

I stand up suddenly, abandoning my breakfast and wanting to flip the table over. How were my parents so thick skulled that they couldn't see, even now, that I hadn't ever wanted to marry Eunseol? That their arrangement, which I had never consented to, had turned everything upside down in my once simple life? 

"I will excuse myself" I say curtly before grabbing my schoolbag and walking out of the dining room. Soohun follows after me and insists on driving me to school. 

"I'm going in that direction anyway. I have to go to the offices early."

"What for?" I ask suspiciously. 

"I'm transferring back to the branch in Japan. There's no point in me staying here if you're not getting married."

I nod as if I was interested and don't bother arguing that I wanted to make my own way to school. Luckily for me, Soohun was more perceptive than my parents and he could see that I didn't want to talk about anything, least of all the canceled engagement, and so it's a quiet journey to school. 

When I get there I had never felt more sick with nerves in my entire life. My usual strong, well composed self felt as if it was walking on legs made of jelly as I walked into class. I see her instantly. She is all that I can see, as if the rest of the room wasn't full of pupils but it was just us. But she doesn't look up when I enter the room and barely flinches when I sit down, her nose buried in a thick stack of notes that she was flipping through. Chanyeol nods his head in greeting and I wonder if he knows...

"Sehun-ssi, it's nice to see that you decided to actually come to school today" Teacher Gong says, looking at me disapprovingly for my recent absences. 

I bow apologetically, mumbling an excuse and glancing at Miyoung in the corner of my eyes. She still hadn't looked up. 

"Well, Miyoung-ssi can help you to catch up at night school tonight."

This time I see her body flinch and wonder if it was my imagination. She had surely heard him, but she remains silent with her eyes down. 

English class begins and I do my best to not devote all of my attention to every movement that she made. After all...I had broken up with her. This was it. We were no longer each others' business. I hated that I found that reality heartbreaking. 

When the bell rings for lunch Miyoung gets up quickly, already out of the room before I had even packed away all of my books. 

"What did you do?" Chanyeol asks curiously. I sigh, shaking a hand through my hair as if my head was aching. 

"Is it that obvious that something happened?"

"Well, you didn't come to school together and will barely look at each other in the face. Rumors are already starting" he gestures to the hallway where I turn to see school girls and even some boys whispering and staring at me and giggling. But I was used to the attention and I shrug it off. 

"Like I care..."

"But Miyoung might."

I look at Chanyeol in surprise, his words making me uncomfortable because they were true. "You really care about her..." 

Chanyeol smiles and it looks kind of sad, and I wonder if that's how I looked?

"I let her go" he says, standing up suddenly and rubbing my hair playfully. "Don't make the same mistake my dear maknae."

I leave Chanyeol at the cafeteria and go up to the library. I didn't know where Miyoung would be, because the truth was that I didn't know much about her at all. I knew all the formal things from the private detective I had hired before like her birthday and where she wor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter