Chapter 12

Love Hurts

Jessica

I made up a lame excuse to leave my apartment and to talk to Taeyeon I had thoughts, like, how fast I could put a bullet between her eyes, or how fast it’d take to slice open her stomach with a kitchen knife. But in the end, it all came down to one thing; time to settle things once and for all. I walked up to Krystal’s apartment, not caring if I made a scene in front of my sister or her girlfriend. All I knew was that I needed to ensure that everything Taeyeon was feeling for Tiffany was real and not just some game that Taeyeon felt like playing just for the sake of it. I knocked on the door, only to find Amber with a towel wrapped around her waist and a long shirt that was dirty and stained with god-knows-what. Her eyes widened when she saw me. She probably wasn’t expecting me to visit at all. In fact, I was probably the last person she thought who’d be waiting patiently behind the door without trying to knock her door down.

“Oh, Sica unnie, what brings you here?” Amber tried to hide her surprise by smiling awkwardly at me.

“Skip it, Amber. I need to see Krystal now,” I demanded and she shivered at the seriousness of my voice.

“Well, you see, Sica unnie, Krystal’s kind of……right now,” Amber was blushing furiously, her cheeks were heated red and she fiddled with the loose strands of string from the towel uncomfortably.

I felt like puking. “Okay, you know what, forget it. Could you just get Taeyeon for me?”

“Yeah, sure,” she disappeared and appeared again with Taeyeon by her side.

After giving Taeyeon a friendly pat on the back, she sauntered off, yawning and walking awkwardly, almost like a limp. Though disgusted, I felt proud of my baby sister. Krystal’s finally learning. Taeyeon looked like a mess herself. Her hair was messy, her shirt wrinkled and partially tucked in and her face was dazed. Not to the mention the glazed eyes that flickered past Jessica and to the clock on the wall.

“Oh, hey, Jessica. What’re you here for?” she stretched as she spoke.

“Did you guys just do a with my sister?” I asked curiously, trying to peek into their spacious apartment to see if I could find any evidence. Unfortunately, there was no pink lingerie lying around, or toys.

Taeyeon blinked once, apparently disgusted. She doubled over and pretended to be gagging.

“Ew…I’d rather…wait, you know what? I’d rather not touch your sister at all. Plus, you haven’t heard the sounds they make every fortnight. I wouldn’t want to be involved in that. And the way Amber limps every now and then,” Taeyeon shivered and a cushion came flying from somewhere, but Taeyeon caught it and flung it back to the attacker.

“Okay, okay, point taken. I was just asking anyway,” I tried to stop the disturbing, mental images that flooded my brain. “So, anyway, Kim Taeyeon, I need to talk to you.”

“What about?” she yawned into the back of her hand, one eye closing as she let out a massive yawn.

“Tiffany told me that you kissed her last night. I just wanted to confirm that your feelings for her are real and not some game you’re playing,” I cut straight to the point and watched as she raised her eyebrows in mild surprise at the sudden question.

“It’s as real as it ever gets, Jessica. I’ll give her anything she wants, tell her everything she wants to hear, do anything she wants me to do. I’ll do anything for her,” Taeyeon took on a serious tone now, adding to the graveness of the situation.

I found it strange that I was wishing for two completely different things at the same time. A part of me wished that Taeyeon had claimed that she was just playing with Tiffany, so that I could come back and return to comfort her with all my heart. But another part of me wished that Taeyeon had said what she just did, so that Tiffany will be happy and safe with Taeyeon by her side. Tears were beginning to fall now, but I couldn’t let them fall yet.

“Then, if you’re not lying to me, I trust you with Tiffany. She…she’s been hurt before and I trust you to take care of her. But, if you in any way hurt her, I will come back and…the things I’m going to do to you…” I cracked my knuckles and she flinched, nodding quickly.

“I understand. Don’t worry about it.”

“Remember what I said…don’t you forget. You’ll regret that later on. Okay, my time’s up. I got to go now, or else Tiffany’s going to hit me,” I waved as I hastened towards the stairs. “Oh, and tell my sister to lay off a little! Amber’s limp will be permanent if they continue doing that rough!”

I heard Taeyeon’s chortle from the ground-floor. Somehow, I felt a lot better knowing that I was leaving Tiffany in good hands, or maybe even better hands that mine. And that was all I thought about as I crossed the road. I thought of a happier Tiffany, a beautiful couple, and, possibly, a well-matched couple who will grow old and have children together. Yeah, maybe that’s what love was about. Maybe life wasn’t so bad, even if I was hurting…

 

Readers’ Note:

Something big will happen in the next chapter. Can you guess what it is? I gave you a hint here in the last part of the chapter. It isn’t the marriage part, or the couple part about TaeNy. It’s more of JeTi. Have you guys ever heard of an ‘out-of-body’ experience?

Thank you for reading!

Yours Faithfully
Jazzign