Chapter 11

Love Hurts

Tiffany

Jessica didn’t come out at all the next day. She spent her day in her room while I sat outside, cold and alone. Jessica was cold towards me and she had an icy glint in her eyes whenever she looked at me when I knocked on her door. She refused to open it at first, but after countless tries, she finally opened the door. Her eyes were puffy, there was no doubt about that, but she tried to hide them beneath her black-rimmed glasses.

“What do you want?” I flinched at her cold, sharp voice.

“Are you going to spend the entire day in your room?” I said as quietly and gently as I could, but there was no change in expression.

“What if I am?” her head was raised defiantly, some aimless pride in them.

I sighed, wary of another fight. “Look, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to say what I said last night. Forgive me, okay?”

She looked down, her legs fumbling back and forth as she shuffled nervously on her feet. Her blonde, dishevelled hair looked as if Jessica had just stuck her head in the washing machine, but, at least she had showered and changed her clothes. I sensed her hesitation and took both of her hands in mine. Her head snapped up, looking at me with an unblinking stare.

“Forgive me?” I held her hands closer to my chest so that the back of her hands were brushing lightly against my t-shirt.

She gave me a pained expression, one that quickly turned into a grimace, then into a warm smile. She hit me on the arm and I jumped back, rubbing my sore arm that had turned red.

“What was that for?” I yelped.

She smirked. “For making me worried and upset. That’s what you get.”

She stuck her tongue out at me, but her hands reached up to rub the red spot unconsciously, as if it was the most natural thing to do. She smiled apologetically at me with an untold amount of sincerity and warmth in her eyes. I was suddenly reminded of the things I heard yesterday night, but decided to let it pass for now. We had just reconciled and it wouldn’t be good to start another fight again.

 “What I said yesterday…you know I didn’t mean it, right?” I asked just for confirmation that she had forgiven me.

She grabbed my ear, but we were at about the same height so I didn’t have to bend down. Instead of pain, she had grabbed my ear endearingly, her fingers behind my earlobe and the loose strands of hair there. Despite the rough texture of the bandages of her hand, I felt the soft touch of affection from her. I couldn’t have felt anymore warmth and the bubbling sensation in the pit of my stomach that I had right there. I leaned in to her touch and lowered my head a little at the sensation of it.

Jessica

I hadn’t expected Tiffany to apologise to me just a day after the fight. I simply couldn’t turn away from the angel at my doorframe, and found myself succumbing into what I had been running away from in the first place.

“What I said yesterday…you know I didn’t mean it, right?” she asked me as she peered at me from under her lashes.

Subconsciously, my hand reached up to grab her ear gently, just like I had always done when Yuri asked me for forgiveness. No matter how serious her mistake was, I would always end up forgiving her. But there was one mistake which I hadn’t been able to forgive her for. Tenderly, I did what I used to do with Yuri. My fingers the back of her earlobe and grasped at the loose strands of hair behind her ears gently. It was how I chose to display my affection. She leaned into my touch staring at me with those content, intense eyes. I couldn’t have asked for more than that. We didn’t have to say anything. Instead, we communicated through our eyes and our actions.

I know…

After a long minute of just staring at each other wordlessly, I let go of her and smoothed out her hair. She grinned at me and guided me to the couch, holding onto my hands carefully. She had the excitement back onto her face again, and this time, I could see that she was smiling very widely.

“So…I need to tell you something. I wanted to tell somebody about this, anybody. But you’re all I have, so I want tell you this,” she was practically jumping on the cushions.

I felt warm and tingly inside when she claimed that she only has me. I nodded on, prompting her to continue.

“Taeyeon…,” I waited for the worst and watched, holding back the tidal wave of hurt and tears, as I watched her let go of my hand and touched her lips tenderly, as if recalling some sweet moment. “Kissed me.”

The pain hit me like sledgehammer. It was worse than having a thousand of my limbs broken, it was worse than having my heart torn out of my chest. Tears were prickling at my eyes, but I suppressed them, and even when I opened my mouth, I couldn’t say anything. My mouth was dry and my throat felt like as if it had been scrubbed with sandpaper. I knew I would be selfish if I were to refuse her and tell her not to love a fool like Taeyeon. But that would be selfish to limit the people she had in this world to only me. Tiffany was looking expectantly at me, as if expecting me to jump around, screaming like idiots to celebrate her kiss. Instead, I forced a small smile. So I was too late then…

“That’s great, Tiff,” I hoped my voice didn’t give away the pain I was feeling, or the hurt of my shattering heart.

She was too happy to even realise. She squealed in delight and pulled me closer for a hug. I hugged her tightly, my chin on her shoulder. I couldn’t help the stray tear that trickled down my face. I buried my face in her neck, holding her tighter than I had ever done before, because I knew now that she wasn’t mine to claim anymore.

 

Readers’ Note:

A sad chapter for JeTi. There will be more drama later on. Please anticipate it. Taeyeon scored her first kiss with Tiffany already and Jessica is on the verge of letting go. Should Jessica fight for her, or will she just take a step back and be the better person by letting Tiffany go? Ultimately, I’m thinking I should make both of them suffer. I’ll probably take someone away for a while to show the other person how important she is to her. Probably, Jessica. Hmm…what should I do to Jessica? *Scheming* *Scheming*

Thank you for reading!

Yours Faithfully
Jazzign