CHAPTER FIVE

LOVE REQUIRES SACRIFICE

When they were having dinner, Chorong brave herself and ask “Why did you ask to meet me Mr. Kim?”

“What did I tell you about calling me? Call me dad Chorong. Make it as habit.”

“Sorry Mr. - I mean dad.”

“Good. Why did I ask you to meet you? I’ll tell you later. Let’s us just eat first.”

After done eating, they order hot lemon tea. While drinking it, Mr. Kim starts to tell Chorong why he wanted to meet her.

“So Chorong. I heard that Suho propose you last night. And I heard that you told Suho to ask his mom first. And if she doesn’t agree, you ask for a break up. Why Chorong?” Mr. Kim lies.

Chorong look at Mr. Kim and said, “How did you know that, dad?”

“Suho told me. Why did you say that Chorong. Can I know?”

Chorong take a deep breath and let it out slowly. She looks at Mr. Kim and said, “Your wife hates me. And I don’t want to be the reasons your son and wife won’t talk to each other. I know Suho love his mother so much and his mother love him so much. I know how precious is parents in someone life.”

“But you love him isn’t it Chorong?”

Chorong smile and said, “Of course I do. He is the most charming and gentleman man I ever meet. My love is not as great as the love of a mother to her son and a son to his mother.”

“Do you know that Suho love you so much? He won’t be able to live. Even my wife tells him to marry other woman, maybe he will marry that girl but he will suffer. You have such a special place in his heart. Namjoo and I approve you. Isn’t that enough.”

“To tell the truth, it’s more than enough. But I’m an orphan dad. I’m too greedy. I want a mother love to.”

“I understand Chorong. I can’t say that I understand since I was bought up in a loving parents but I’m greedy to. I want my son to be happy.”

“I know dad. But I just can’t. Your wife will hate me for the rest of her life. And I don’t want that.”

Chorong don’t know why, but tears start to fall from her eyes. She was holding up since the conversation start. At last, the tears still fall down.

Mr. Kim saw that and he felt hurt. It’s like seeing Namjoo crying. He gave his handkerchief to Chorong. He didn’t say yet that his wife rejects her. He inhale, exhale, and said “Chorong. Do you know what my wife say to Suho yesterday? Did Suho tell you?”

“No he didn’t. He said that he didn't tell his mom yet. What did she say?”

“She doesn’t want Suho to get married to you.”

“I taught so. It means our relationship stop till here.”

“Don’t say that Chorong. You can still marry him. Please. Give him a second taught. He’ll break down. Believe me.”

“I don’t know dad. We won’t be happy without his mother blessing. I know.”

“Please just give a second taught.”

Chorong didn’t able to say anything. When she was about to say something, a voice greet them from the side.

“Hello guys.”

Both of them look at the voice owner and saw Suho was smiling at them. Mr. Kim smile and said “Suho. What are you doing here?”

“I was just passing by and I saw both of you look so sweet. Dad you have my mother at home and she’s my girls.”

Mr. Kim looks at his son annoyingly. “Shut up Suho. Like really shut up.”

Suho chuckle. Chorong was wiping her tears secretly so that Suho won’t see it, but Suho did.

He sits beside Chorong and look at her. “Dad what did you do? Why is my girl crying?”

Chorong look at him and smile. “Your dad didn’t do anything. Stop it. That is your dad Suho.”

Suho smile and look at his dad. “Sorry dad. I was just joking.”

“I know son. Come let’s go. You need to get back to work Chorong. Let me send you.” Mr. Kim said.

“It’s okay dad. Let me send her. I have something to talk about.”

Mr. Kim just nods his head. He stands up first and walks to the cashier to pay. Chorong thanked him. Mr. Kim smile and hug her “Give a second taught Chorong ah.” Then Mr. Kim walks to his car where the driver has already waiting for him and Suho and Chorong walk to Suho’s car.

Inside the car, it was all silent. Suho know something happen. So he asks.

“Honey what happen? Are you thinking about something? Is there something bothering you? What did you and dad talk about?”

Chorong look at Suho and said, “Why didn’t you tell me yesterday on the phone that your mother doesn’t want you to marry me? What did you lie saying that you didn’t talk to you mom yet?”

Suho was shock. He knows that Chorong must know this from his dad. He took Chorong hand and said, “I’m sorry. I can’t and I don’t want to. I know you are a girl who holds to her word. If I tell you about this, you will break up with me yesterday and I can’t hear that.”

“But at least you need to tell me Suho.”

“I know. I’m sorry baby. I’m really am. What did dad say to you?”

Chorong just shook her hand. She wasn’t in a mood. Suho know Chorong wasn’t in a mood so he just let her be.

When they arrive at Chorong work place, Suho pull her in his arm and hug her tightly. “Please Chorong. Reconsider my proposal. I love you and I want to take care of you.”

Chorong didn’t say anything. Suho broke the hug and give a quick kiss on Chorong lips. Chorong just look at him and give him a small smile. Then she slid out from the car. She waited for Suho to go first before walking in the building.

The moment she steps in the building, she ran off to the toilet. She didn’t realize that Jinyoung was there. He saw Chorong was cry while she was running to the toilet.

He took out her phone and dial Suho’s number.

“Hey dude. What’s up?” Suho said.

“Hey man.”

“So why are you calling me. Do you want a partner to drink tonight?”

“No I don’t. Well I just call to ask something?”

“Ask something? What is it Jinyoung. Spit it up.”

“Did you and Chorong fight?”

“No we didn’t. Why?”

“Well she was crying and running toward the toilet right after you drop her off.”

“Really? Thank you for the info Jinyoung ah. I’ll call you later.”

“Okay bye.”

Then both of the hang up.