CHAPTER FIFTY

LOVE REQUIRES SACRIFICE

One Month Later

Suho turn in his sleep and was trying to hug Chorong. Then he realize that Chorong is not beside him. He open his eyes instantly and freak out. He look at his phone to see what time it is and was in shock that it’s just 3 o’clock in the morning.

“Where the hell is my woman?” He said.

He move the duvet and step out from the bed. Wear his sweatshirt, walk out from the room and into Haneul’s room. He open the door slowly not to wake Haneul up and look inside the room and it was only Haneul sleeping soundly.

He walk back out and walk down. Then he smell something delicious and know that Chorong must be in the kitchen. When he step in the kitchen, he saw Chorong is cooking wearing his shirt.

Damn, she always look hot in my shirt. Suho thought. He walk closer and back hugged Chorong and kiss her hair.

“Why are you cooking in 3 o’clock in the morning sweetheart?”

“Suddenly, I was starving and carving Mac and cheese.”

“Mac and cheese in the middle of night. That’s heavy sweetheart. Are you that hungry? Did last night activities make you hungry?”

Chorong nudge Suho on his stomach and said “Shut up Suho. I’m just carving and hungry. That’s all. Nothing to do with last night activities.”

When she was done cooking. She sat on the stool and start eating a big portion of Mac and cheese. Suho was quiet shock to look at the way Chorong eat. His mouth was agape looking at the way Chorong was eating.

“Honey, are you okay?”

Chorong take a big bite in and nod. Then she ask “Why?”

“No. Is just that is unusual to see you eat that much.”

“I told you I was starving. Why? Are you scared that I might get fat. Won’t you love me if I’m fat.” And take another bite.

Suho smile and said “No. I don’t mind if you get fat. I will still love you sweet heart even if you are fat. It’s just that it’s weird to look at you eating as if tomorrow won’t be any food.” Suho said.

When she was washing the dishes, Suho walk closer and hug her from back again and let Chorong wash the dishes. Then he said “Honey, do you know what will you have after a proper meal.”

Chorong nod her head and said “Desert.”

Suho smile and said “My wife is so clever. Then why don’t we have a desert. I need a desert.”

“I was the one eating and you are the one that need desert. That’s weird. Okay what do you want for your desert.”

Suho closer the tap and move Chorong wet glover. Chorong frown and said “I’m not done with my dishes yet.”

“I know but I need my dessert.”

“Can’t you wait.”

“Nope.”

Chorong sigh and said “What do you want for dessert?”

He whisper “You.” And pick her up.

“SUHO!” Chorong shout in shock.

“Shhh. You don’t want to wake our son up.” and carry her straight to the room. Lie Chorong down and instantly went on top of Chorong.

Chorong was in shock and said “Suho, didn’t you get enough from last night?”

“I never get tired or enough of you.”

“Suho, we need to wake up early and I need to pack our bag.”

“Do it later. If we late, mom and dad will understand. Now I want my dessert.” and kiss Chorong lips.

“Did you know that you look hot wearing my shirt.” Suho said in his romantic tone.

Chorong raised her eyebrow and said “Nope.”

“Really. Let me show you how hot you look.” And start to kiss her lips again.

***

The alarm from the phone wake Chorong up. Switching off the alarm and stretch her body and rub her face. When she was fully awake, she move Suho’s arm from her waist slowly not to wake him up and pick up Suho shirt and wear it. Then walk straight to the bathroom to take a fresh shower.

Once she was done, she wear a simple t-shirt and joggers pants then start to pack her and Suho’s things for a week since they going to stay at Mr. and Mrs. Kim mansion to prepare for Mr. and Mrs. Kim anniversary party and Namjoo’s engagement.

When she was done, she look at the clock and it’s going to be 9 in 30 minutes. So she walk out from the walk in closet and wake Suho up.

“Honey, wake up. It’s going to be 9 soon.”

Suho pull Chorong in his arm and said “5 minutes.”

Trying to pull herself from Suho’s hug and said “Come on wake up handsome. We going to be late.”

Pulling Chorong back in his arm and said “I’m tired.”

“I don’t care. It was your fault. Come on. Wake up and let me go. I need to wake Haneul up.”

“It was not my fault. You were the one look so irresistible.”

“I really don’t care. Wake up Kim Jun Myeon. I need to wake Haneul up. If not will be late.”

Suho sigh and open his eyes and look at Chorong.

Chorong smile and said “Good boy. Now let me go.”

“Kiss me then I let you go.”

Chorong give a peck on Suho lips and then Suho let her go. Before walking out the room, Chorong make sure Suho stand up from the bed and walk straight to the bathroom.

When she walk out the room and straight to Haneul room.

“Another trouble.” Chorong said and walk to Haneul and wake him up.

“Haneul, wake up, baby. We are going to grandpa and grandma house.”

Haneul move and pull Chorong in his hug and said the same thing Suho said “I’m tired mommy. I want to sleep.”

“Come on Haneul. Wake up. We will be late.”

“But I’m sleepy mommy.” And hug Chorong tighter.

Chorong move Haneul hand from her neck and said “I know, but you need to wake up and take a shower. If not will be late baby. Come on. Wake up. Stop being like your dad. Now open your eyes and let’s  go and take a shower.” Chorong pull Haneul in sitting position. Haneul rub her eyes and said “Let me sleep mommy.”

“Later in the evening. Now let’s go and take a long shower okay.”

Haneul pout and nod. Chorong kiss Haneul pout and pick her up walk straight to the bathroom to help Haneul shower.

Once done with showering Haneul and make him wear his clothes. Chorong start to pack Haneul bag. Once she get everything ready, she told Haneul to wait here and watch his cartoon. She walk back into her room and saw Suho just walk out from the walk in closet, all ready wearing a black jeans and white with abstract pattern sweater.

“Your done.”

Suho just nod. Then Chorong said “Then can you help me bring the beg down and bring Haneul’s beg. Haneul is in the room. Wait for me down stairs while I get ready.”

“Sure. Why not?”

“Thank you.” Chorong smile and kiss Suho’s cheek. Suho take the hand luggage and walk out from the room. Chorong then quickly got change into a pink two piece lace dress.

Once she was done, she bring down her, Suho and Haneul outfit for the party night and rush out the room. When she was running down the stairs, Suho saw it and said “Slow down honey. You’ll fall. Your leg is not fully recover yet.”

Once she step on the last stairs, she said “Sorry. We’re late. Let’s go.”

Then they walk to the car. After buckle Haneul in his car sit, Chorong open the front door and slide in. Then they drive straight to Mr. and Mr. Kim mansion. While on their way, Haneul said “Mommy, I’m hungry.”

Chorong hit her head and look at Suho and said “I forgot to make breakfast didn’t I.”

Suho nod and smile. He hold Chorong hand and said “It’s fine. We’ll buy something okay.”

“But were late.” Chorong said in worry.

“I’ll call mom and tell her okay.” Suho said and kiss her knuckle.

Then he call Mrs. Kim and told her that they will be late since they are going to have a breakfast first. Mrs. Kim was fine with it. Once the hang up, Suho told Chorong that she doesn’t need to worry and Mrs. Kim is fine with it. Then Suho ask “So my handsome son. What do you want to eat?”

“McDonalds.”

“McDonalds. Really Kim Haneul. Early in the morning. Choose different breakfast.”

“But mommy, I want McDonalds.”

“Kim Haneul! No!”

“Daddy. I want McDonalds.”

“Okay. Then McDonalds it is.” Suho said and smile.

“Suho!”

“For our son okay. Just this once.”

“Your spoiling him.”

I know and I don’t mind.”

Chorong sigh and said “I’m letting you go since I’m not in a mood to fight.”

Suho kiss her knuckle again and drive straight to McDonalds.

Chorong and Haneul when to sit and Suho walk went to order breakfast for them. After eating, they drive straight the Mr. and Mrs. Kim house. When they arrive and walk in the house after the butler open the door, Haneul run inside.

“Welcome Mrs. Chorong and Mr. Suho.”

“Thank you Mrs. Shin. And please call me Chorong. How many have I told you that. Where’s mom.”

“Mrs. Kim and Mr. Kim is in the living room with Namjoo.”

“Okay. Thank you.”

Chorong and Suho walk in the house and saw Haneul was sitting on Mr. Kim lap while eating cookies.

“Kim Haneul. Your eating again. You just have your breakfast.”

“But mommy, it’s grandma cookies. I love it. It’s yummy.”

“It’s okay Chorong. Let him eat. If he come to his grandparent’s house and we don’t spoiled him, then that’s not grandparents.” Mr. Kim said.

Chorong sigh and smile. “I understand. Anyway how are you dad?”

“I’m fine. How are you? And how’s your leg and shoulder.”

“I’m fine and both my leg and shoulder is fine. Where’s mom?”

“In the kitchen with Namjoo.”

“Okay. I’ll go and meet them.”

Chorong leave the men in the living room and walk in the kitchen.

“How are you son?” Mr. Kim ask.

“I’m fine dad. How about you? Mom call last two week and told me that you were sick. Is everything okay?”

“Yeah, I’m fine now. Just a normal fever. Your mom just worry much.”

“Well, she’s your wife. You worry me dad. It’s good I didn’t told Chorong about it.”

“Good job son.”

“Didn’t tell me what?” Chorong ask out of nowhere. Mr. Kim and Suho look at Chorong who is walking toward them with a tray of mugs.

“Nothing sweetheart.”

Then Haneul said nonchalantly “Daddy is lying mommy. Grandpa was sick.” Then take a big bite of his cookie.

Chorong widen his eyes and said “Really? Are you okay now dad? Is everything fine?”

Mr. Kim chuckle and said “Yeah, I’m fine now. Don’t worry. It was just a normal fever. You really can’t say any secret infront of this little champ.” And pinch Haneul nose.

Chorong smile. Then she look at Haneul and said “Close the jar now Haneul and stop eating. You had so much cookies already. Go and ask Mrs. Shin to help you wash your hand and mouth.”

“But mommy. I want to eat more.”

“Are you going to finish the cookie now or you’re going to leave some for tomorrow? Now go and wash your hand.”

Haneul pout and step down from Mr. Kim lap and run to the kitchen. “Walk Haneul. Don’t run.” Chorong half shout. Suho walk to Chorong and told her to cool down.

“Cool honey. His in his grandparent’s house. Of course he will be spoil here. Now why don’t you just sit down and drink this hot coffee.”

Suho take Chorong coffee. “Mine is not coffee but hot chocolate.”

Suho raised his eyebrow in shock and ask “Really? I thought it was Haneul’s. Why are you drinking hot chocolate?”

“Haneul have his in the plastic mug. Just I feel like drinking hot chocolate. That’s all.”

“Okay.” Suho said and change the coffee mug to hot chocolate mug.

***

After dinner, they were sitting in the living room talking about random things. When it was getting late, Mrs. and Mr. Kim ask permission to sleep. Then Haneul came and ask “Mommy, daddy can I sleep with granddad and grandmamma today.”

Chorong smile and said “Sure.”

“Thank you.” Haneul kiss Chorong and Suho cheek and said I love you and run into Mr. and Mrs. Kim room leaving only Suho and Chorong since Namjoo when to sleep early since she’s been busy this past few weeks with Mr. and Mrs. Kim anniversary, her engagement party and her work which she need to complete before the party.

“Shall we go to sleep to. We have an early morning tomorrow.”

Chorong nod and both of them when to sleep.