CHAPTER NINE

LOVE REQUIRES SACRIFICE

After the party, Suho drive to the place where Chorong wanted to go. When they arrive, Suho look at Chorong and said, "Why are we here at night baby?"

Chorong smile and said, "Are you scared?"

"No I'm not. Just is weird to come to this place at night."

"Don't worry. There are lights her. Come let's go."

Suho just nod his head. He gets out the car and opens the door for Chorong. Before they walk, Suho stop her and went back to the car and took out his blazer. Then he places the blazer on Chorong shoulder.

"It's cold and you need this."

Chorong smile and thanked him. Then they walk to the place holding hand. When they arrive, Chorong bow and greet "Hello omma, appa, unnie. How are you guys there?"

Chorong and Suho were at Chorong's family graveyard.

"I'm here again. This time I'm not alone. I bring my soon to be my husband with me. Kim Jun Myeon. Well that's his real name. I call him Suho. He's the one that I told you about." Then look at Suho was smiling at her. She look back at her family grave and said "He's good looking isn't it unnie, omma." Placing her hand at the side of as if she was whispering to them.

"Appa, omma, unnie please blessed our relationship. I want to be happy just like you guys." Tears start to fall. Suho place her arm around Chorong shoulder and rub her arm to cool her down.

"Omma, appa, unnie you guys will be there on my wedding isn't it to blessed me. I miss you guys so much. Wish you were here. Well I got to go now. I can't stay here long as usual. I'll be coming again soon. Bye guys."

Chorong look at Suho and tell him that they should go now. Suho just nod. Before the walk Suho bow and said "I promise to keep her happy my in-laws. See you again."

Then they walk back to the car. When they were in the car, Suho didn't drive straight away. He looks at Chorong and asks "Can I ask something Chorong?"

"What is it?"

"You never tell me about your family. Can I know about them?"

Chorong smile and nod. "Sure. I'll tell you about them. But not here."

Suho smile and nod. "Then he drives to the nearest river. They didn't get out from the car, but just stay in the car. Suho take Chorong hand and said "Tell me when you are ready."

It took few minutes before Chorong speak.

"In my family there's appa, omma, my elder sister and me. When I was 8 years, my dad was diagnose with cancer and it was already stage four. The only way left was operation, but appa didn't want to. He said if his going to die let him die without any operation. He said he want to meet the god without any scar. Anyhow, we didn't have enough money that time. After a few week later, appa die on his bed beside omma. Since that day, we start to struggle a lot. Omma was doing more than two jobs. In the morning, she'll will work at the construction side. In the evening, she'll be working as cleaner and in the night as waiters just to put food on our table and for our school fees. Even though we were struggling, but we were happy. Unnie and me will help omma every weekend. One day, one of the construction workers call unnie and told her there were an accident at the side and one of the victim was omma. When we went to the hospital, the doctor said she was in her critical condition. The bricks fall on her and hit her head hard. When we meet her, she said she won't be long and tell us to promise to take care of each other. Then she die that same day. Since that day, it was only me and unnie. We were send to the orphan near our hometown. Since then it was unnie to take care of me. We were happy there even sometime we miss our parents. Then years past and my sister start to work. She said she's going to work and then bring me out from the orphan house and start a new life. They day she dies were on her first payment day. I still remember that she was so happy and tell me to meet her at one of our favourite restaurant. I was so excited and got ready. I was waiting for her at the restaurant for almost an hour, when suddenly, her boyfriend calls me and said that she was at the hospital fighting for herself. I panic. I don't want anything happen to her. She the only family left for me. When I arrive at the hospital, I saw her boyfriend there and ask him what happen. He said...he said..." Chorong start to cry. Tears, which she was, try so hard not to fall at last fall.

Suho pull her in his arm and rub her back to make her cool down. Then he ask "What did he said Chorong?"

"He said that unnie got not one but two boy in the alley." And cry louder.

Suho rub her back and trying to make her cool down. "What happen to the boys that her Chorong?"

"Unnie boyfriend makes a police report and the guy got caught. He was sentence in jail for life."

"Then how did you sister die?"

"Depression. She was so depress. She even got pregnant. Her boyfriend volunteer to marry her and take care of the baby together but she object. She didn't want to ruin his life. One day, she didn't know what to do and didn't want to ruin her boyfriend life and make me shame, she left a letter and ran away. The next day, a police came and said that she found her body floating on the sea. I break down that time. But her boyfriend always says that I need to fight and live a life. I can be weak all the time. So I start a new life. I went to school, make a friend and keep all my sad phase away. Then I meet this guy. He was my best friend. We were so close everyone taught that I was dating him, but we were just friends. He had his own crush and I had mine."

When Suho heard about it, he felt jealous. But he just let it be. It was her past.

"We even promise to go to the same collage together. But the last day of our school day, he came to me and said that he needs to follow his parents to France. I was sad. Why everyone I love and care about will always leave me. Everyone that I love and care will leave me. Appa, omma and unnie leave me. Then he leaves me too. You won't leave like how they leave isn't it Suho." She said in her cry.

Suho hugs her tightly and rub her back saying "No I won't I will never leave you. Stop crying now. I don't like to see you crying. I'm sorry if I make you remember about your past."

"You don't need to be sorry Suho. I need to tell you one day about me and my family."

Chorong took time to calm herself down. Then she pull away and wipe her tears with the back of her hand.

"Now smile for me. I want to see my girl smile."

Chorong look at him and smile.

"That's it. Okay, now you can stop smiling. My heart cannot take it with your beautiful smile."

Chorong laugh and said "God! You are so cheeky."

"That's it. Always laugh Chorong. I promise I won't let you cry anymore. You will only smile and laugh for the rest of our life."

Chorong nod and said "Thank you Suho. I love you so much."

"Oh! My girl is saying I love you first. Miracle is happening. This is the first. Oh My God my heart is going to explode."

"Stop it Suho. Now shall we go home now?"

"I don't want to. Can we just stay like this for awhile?"

"Why? You must be tired because of the party."

"Don't worry. When I'm with you, I don't feel tired at all."

Chorong just smile and let him be. Suho hold her hand and they just stay in the car quietly without saying anything. Then Suho wanted to tell Chorong about tomorrow that she'll be going with Namjoo to choose wedding dress.

He call Chorong several time but there was still no answer. When he look at her, he saw that Chorong was already fall asleep. He smile and place Chorong head properly and cover her upper body with his blazer. Then he drive straight to Chorong's apartment.

When they arrive at the apartment, Suho wanted to wake Chorong up but looking at how Chorong is sleeping soundly, he just let her be. For the whole time Suho was just looking are Chorong sleeping. After a few minutes later, Chorong open her eyes and saw Suho was beside her smiling. She rub her face and ask "Sorry I felt asleep. Where are we?"

"It's okay. You were tired today. We are at your apartment."

Chorong look out the window and saw her apartment building. She look again at Suho and ask "Why didn't you wake me up?"

"Just. You was sleeping so soundly and I didn't want to disturb your sleep."

"But you should. I'm going now." Chorong turn around and was about to open the door, when Suho pull her upper arm and make her face him.

Chorong look at him and ask "Now what?"

"I told you to always wait until I open the door for you."

"You don't need to. It's getting late and you need to go back home."

"Yes it's late that's why I'm going to send you until your front door. It's too dangerous to walk alone to your apartment."

Chorong didn't want to argue anymore and just agree with it. Suho step out from the car and then went to open the door for Chorong. As always, Chorong will thanked him and they will walk to the apartment hand in hand. Before Chorong walk in his house, she pull Suho's tie to make his face closer and then kiss his cheek. Then she let go of his tie. Suho smile and said "I taught you were going to kiss my lips."

"In your dream Suho. Now go. You have to work tomorrow."

"I know and I hate it. Can we just get marry tomorrow?"

"No we can't. Now go."

Suho nod his head and said okay. When he was about to go, he turn away and call Chorong name, Chorong look at him and ask what.

"Tomorrow is weekend so Namjoo will pick you up in the evening to go and buy wedding dress."

Chorong just nod her head.

"Oh and one thing."

"What is it?"

"I love you Park Chorong."

Chorong just smile and nod her head. "I love you to." Then Suho walk away