CHAPTER NINETEEN

LOVE REQUIRES SACRIFICE

3 MONTH LATER

It’s been three month of their marriage life. Chorong is now full time housewife. She wasn’t happy in first two weeks since she use to past her time with working. It’s good that there are mini library in the office. She finishes most of her time in the room to easy her mind. Sometime she will go and have a swim. Just like always, there will be bell ring sharp at 2 o’clock in the evening telling her that her mother in law is here. She walks out the room and opens the door for her.

“Hello mom. How are you today?” Chorong greet her mother-in-law with smile

And like always, will greet her coldly. “I’m fine.”

“Do you want anything mom? Coffee, tea or maybe a juice.”

“Like always. I want coffee.” Then Chorong nod her head. When she was about to walk to the kitchen, Mrs. Kim stop her and said “Forget about coffee. I want wine. And please the most expensive want. I hope you have it since you have a poor taste bud.”

Chorong smile and said “Yes we do mom. I’ll take it for you.”

Chorong walk into the kitchen and pull out the most expensive bottle of wine from the wine rack and pour it in wine glass. Then she walks back to the living room where Mrs. Kim is. She give her the glass and walk back to the kitchen to put the tray.

When she was in the living room again, she sits opposite of where Mrs. Kim is sitting. Then Mrs. Kim ask “What did you do today?”

“Like always, reading book in the office room.”

Mrs. Kim smirks. “Why did my son even marry you? You are so boring. And look at what are you wearing. This is how you please your husband. It’s better if he married Hyo Rim. Can you wear something that show’s that you are a billionaire wife? Now I know why you are not pregnant yet. How much time has Suho sleep with you? Once or twice?” Mrs. Kim said to Chorong who was wearing white jeans and grey sweater.

Chorong was hurt but she controls it. She still smile. That is her mother-in-law and she respects her. Then Mrs. Kim take out an envelope from her handbag and toss it on the coffee table infornt of Chorong.

“I’m here to discus about this.”

Chorong take it and said “What is this mom?”

She opens it and saw a contract paper and divorce paper that already have her and Suho name on it. She looks at Mrs. Kim and ask “What is this for mom?”

“Can’t you read. It say there, that in one month if you’re not pregnant, either you let Suho marry other girl or he divorce you.”

Chorong was clueless and speechless. She didn’t know what to say. Her mother-in-law hate her so much and still can’t accept her as her daughter-in-law. Then Mrs. Kim said something that really broke her heart.

“It’s weird why are you not pregnant yet. Or you are sterile. You didn’t tell Suho because you scared he’ll leave you or find other girl. Or you don’t want any children because you are planning to run away with all his money.”

Chorong look at Mrs. Kim. She wanted to cry but she couldn’t. She needs to be strong.

“Mom. I’m normal. I can get pregnant. I even went for a check up before the marriage date. Divorce. I can’t divorce him mom. I love him. I love your son so much.”

She put down her wine glass and stands up. “I don’t care if you love him or not. If you don’t want to divorce him, let her marry Hyo Rim. I’m giving you one month. Think wisely.” Then she take her coat and walk out the house.

The moment the door is close, she fall on her feet and start crying. She let out everything that was in her heart. Mrs. Kim, who is still standing at the out, was smiling happily when she hears Chorong crying.

“You take my son from me Chorong. I’ll take him back. I told you before that you will suffer.” Then walk away.

At the main door, when Mrs. Kim walk out from the main door of the apartment and walk inside her car, Namjoo saw her.

“What is mom doing here?  Oppa is not at home?” Namjoo said by herself.

She walk in the apartment in rush and press the elevator button. When she arrive at the floor, she insert the pin code and saw Chorong was crying out on the floor. She ran toward Chorong.

“UNNIE! What happen? Why are you crying?” Namjoo ask.

Chorong couldn’t say anything. Namjoo saw a brown envelope and some paper Chorong is holding. She took and read it. She was shock.

“Unnie, what is this? Why is this paper here? Who give it to you?” Namjoo ask. She was a bit angry.

Chorong couldn’t say anything. She is still crying. She really doesn’t know what to say. Then Namjoo remember that she saw her mother earlier. She sighs and hugs Chorong.

“Its mom isn’t it.”

Chorong didn’t say anything.

“Hush unnie. Stop crying. Come let’s sit on the couch first.” Namjoo help Chorong to stand and make her sit on the couch.

“I’m calling oppa.” Namjoo took out her phone and was going through the contact number when Chorong stop her.

“Don’t. Please don’t. Your mother hates me enough. Don’t make her hate me more. And please don’t call him. If he knows about this, he’ll be very angry with mom. I don’t him to be rude with mom and be the reason they fight. So please don’t call him Namjoo. I’m begging you.”

“Unnie really. After what mom does to you, you still covering up for her.” Then Namjoo let out a heavy sigh. Then she continue “How many time have mom been coming here disturbing your life? Tell me please unnie. Don’t lie. If you don’t want to tell me because I’m oppa’s sister, at least tell me as your best friend.”

“Everyday since I stop working. Except when Suho is at home.”

“Do oppa know about this?”

Chorong just shook her head.

Again Namjoo let out a heavy and long sigh. “Why didn’t you tell oppa or me, unnie? Why? Why are you suffering this alone? Why are you sacrificing your dignity? You don’t deserve this.”

“I have to Namjoo. That is the only way to make your mom love me. If I tell Suho, he’ll be very angry at mom. I don’t want to show that I’m a weak woman. I can handle this alone.”

“Okay. Fine. But you need to tell oppa this by yourself. This is serious unnie. Mom starts to play with divorce now.”

“I’ll think about it Namjoo. But please promise me that you won’t tell oppa about this.”

“Okay. I promise. But you need to tell him in this one week. If not, I’m going to tell him.”

Chorong just nod her head.

....

That evening, Suho came home with smile on her face like always. Going home is what he always waits for. Every tired and stress he face on that day vanish just by looking at her beautiful, sweet and cute wife. Chorong open the door for him and smile at him. He walks in and kiss on Chorong’s lips.

“So how was your day honey?”Chorong ask, while taking his briefcase and take off his coat.

“It was fine today. How about yours?”

“Fine, like always. Finishing my day in the library or watch my drama. Go up and take shower. I’ll get the dinner ready.”

Suho nod his head, kiss her forehead and went up.

In the kitchen, when she was preparing for dinner, suddenly that taught about what happen that evening was going around in her mind. How should I tell him about this? Chorong taught. Since she wasn’t focusing on what she was doing, the stew was pouring over the pot.

Suho walk in the kitchen and saw that Chorong was in the deep taught and the soup was all over the stove, he immediately switch of the fire and snap his finger in front of Chorong. But Chorong was still in her taught. Suho hold her shoulder and shake it. Chorong snap out and was in shock so the bowl that she was holding, fall on the floor and broke.

“Oh God! The bowl. I’m sorry.”

When she was moving backward to pick the broken bowl, she step on the big piece and hissed in pain.

“AH!”

Suho was shock and ask “What happen?”

Then he saw blood on the floor where Chorong step before she move. Suho panic and said “Baby, your leg is bleeding.”

“It’s okay. It’s just a small cut. I’ll wash it later.” And then kneel down again to pick the broken bowl.

Suho didn’t like it. He try to stop Chorong but Chorong still ignore it.

When she was picking up the piece, she cut her finger this time. Suho who was already getting mad, said to Chorong angrily “Your leg is not a small cut Chorong. Look at the floor. And now you even cut your finger.”

Tears were already falling from her eyes. It was mix tears. It was pain in the leg and heart tears. She was still stubborn and said while wiping her tears. “I’m fine. Really.”

“STOP IT CHORONG. YOU ARE NOT FINE.” Then pick her up in her arm bridal style and walk to the living room and place her on the couch.

Then he went to the side table, and take out safety kit. He sit on the floor and start to treat Chorong’s leg. Chorong hissed in pain and pull her leg away because of the pain. Then Suho pull back and say “Stay. Don’t move.”

Chorong just nod her head. When he was done with the leg, he move and sit beside Chorong and pull her right hand and treat the finger that was cut earlier. When he was done, he look at Chorong and saw her eyes was swallow because of crying. Suho taught that he was the reasons why Chorong is crying because he was shouting earlier. He pull Chorong in his arm and apologize for his behaviour. Chorong hug him tightly and cry out loud. Suho was in wonder. Why is Chorong crying like that? Was it just because I scold her earlier. But then he remembers something. Chorong was thinking about something before the bowl broke. Something must happen earlier. Suho taught.

He rub her back slowly trying to calm her down but Chorong is not stopping. Suho felt really weird so he broke the hug and look at Chorong face.

“Hey stop crying. I told you I’m sorry. Why are you crying like that? What happen sweetheart?”

Chorong wipe her tears and nose with the sleeve and shook her head.

“I don’t believe you. Come on, tell me baby.”

“Really. It’s nothing. Let’s go and have dinner.”

“Stay here. I’ll get the dinner ready.” Suho said to her but still there is pressure on his voice.

Chorong just nod her head. After the dinner, they went straight to bed and sleep. Before sleeping, Chorong ask one question that makes Suho curious.

“Suho, you won’t leave me alone right?”

“Of course I won’t. Why are you asking this question? Your mine and always be mine. I won’t ever leave you alone.”

“Promise?”

“Promise.” And hug her tightly.

“I love you Kim Jun Myeon.” And kiss her forehead.

“I love you to Kim Chorong.” And snugger closer.

...

It’s been one week after the day and Chorong still didn’t tell Suho about the agreement. Somehow she’s scared. That afternoon, Namjoo went to meet Suho in the office to discuss about the matter.

“Hello oppa.”

Suho who was going through the file, look at Namjoo and smile “Hello little girl. What are you doing here?”

“I’m not a little girl oppa. I’m 22 years old.”

Suho just laugh. Then Namjoo ask “Are you busy? I need to discuss about something.”

“No I’m not. Sure. Sit down. I’ll finish this up and I’ll be joining you.”

After finish reading and sign it, he close the file and went to Namjoo and sit beside her.

“So princess, what is it that you want to discuss about?”

“About the deal that mom did.”

“Deal? What deal?” Suho frown.

Namjoo felt weird. “Didn’t unnie told you anything?”

“No. Nothing. Does she suppose to tell me something?”

“I taught she already tell you. I give her a week to tell you about this. I even found the envelope in the table drawer in the office room when I was finding something.”

“What envelope. Which drawer did you open?”

“The bottom one.”

“That’s not mine. That’s Chorong’s. What envelope are you telling me Namjoo? Do you have something to tell?”

Namjoo take a deep breath and bit her lips. Then she said “She didn’t tell you?”

“Tell me want Namjoo?” Suho start to get very furious.

“Mom came last week. And she give unnie an envelope. It was a contract.”

“Contract. What contract? I don’t know anything about this.”

“It’s a contract where if she’s not pregnant in one month, either she need to divorce you or you need to marry Hyo Rim unnie. Mom even accuses her that she’s sterile. And just want your money.”

Suho was so angry now. He clasps his hand tightly. He stands up immediately and take his car key on the table and walk out the room. When he walks out the room, he told his personal assistant to cancel all his meeting. Then walk to the private lift. When he was in the car, he press the gas and drive away. He didn’t even care if he was driving fast.

Namjoo who was in Suho’s office, walk out and rush in her dad office and said “Dad. Trouble.”

“What trouble? What happen princess?” Mr. Kim asks his daughter in worry.

“Let’s just go home. Please. Oppa, his not in his right mind. I make a big mistake.”