CHAPTER FIFTY EIGHT

LOVE REQUIRES SACRIFICE

Chorong and Suho were being lazy at home in their room, cuddling. Haneul is not in the house since he needs to attend his school.

Chorong was sitting between Suho’s legs, dipping strawberry in the chocolate and eat it, while watching television. Suho hand was on Chorong pregnant belly, caressing it. He will kiss Chorong head sometime.

Chorong is on her ninth month pregnancy and Suho didn’t leave her even for a moment since her water can broke any time.

They were watching some variety shows, when suddenly, Chorong start to fell contractions.

She winces and that attract Suho’s attention.

“What happen, sweetheart? Are you okay?” Suho ask in worry.

“Yeah, I am fine. It’s just that suddenly my lower abdomen hurts.”

Then Suho saw the lower part of Chorong dress wet and ask “Baby, what happen to your dress? Did you just pee or did you spill some water.”

“Suho I think my water broke.”

“Huh? Your water broke?”

“SUHO! I think it’s time. The baby is coming.” Chorong was shouting because of the pain and squzeeing Suho’s lower arm.

“But you still another week.”

“Suho, the baby want to come out now. What can I do? God! It hurts.” CHorong shout.

Suho start to panic but he quickly calm himself down because right now, Chorong need him in his complete stable. He quickly take his car key, wallet and phone. Once he got everything, he pick Chorong up and walk down the stairs carefully and straight to the car. Then he drive to the hospital.

Chorong was in so much pain she sometime squeeze Suho’s hand so tight that it hurt SUho’s hand but he didn’t care because Chorong pain way worst.

Suho try to pull his hand for awhile from Chorong grip and Chorong let it go. He quickly tab on her mother contact number and call her. In just two beep, Mrs. Kim pick up.

“Hello, son.”

“Hey, mom. Listen. We are on our way to the hospital. Chorong water just broke. Can you came to the hospital as soon as you can.”

“Yeah, sure. Your dad and me will be there.”

“Okay, thank you mom.” And quickly hang up and tap on Namjoo’s number. In three ring. Namjoo pick up.

“Yes oppa. What can I do for you?” Namjoo answer in her cheerful voice.

“Hey, Namjoo. Listen. I need your help. Me and your Chorong unnie are on our way to the hospital. She’s giving a birth. Can you ask Kyungsoo to pick Haneul up, on your way to the hospital?”

“Already. I thought she have another week. Yeah sure. Will do that.”

“Thanks little sis.” Suho said and hand up. He quickly hold Chorong’s hand back and just in time another contractions hit.

“Suho, it hurts.” Chorong gritted his teeth and squeeze Suho’s hand.

“Breath baby. We are here.” Suho said and stop his car right in front of the hospital.

He walks out from the car and help Chorong out from the car. Once they enter main door of the hospital, there was a nurse waiting for them with a wheelchair. Suho place her on the wheelchair and the nurse pushes her straight to the labor room.

In the labour room, Suho was beside her all the time. The pain was getting worst time by time.

“I hate you so much Suho. I swear I will never let you touch me ever again. Arghhhhh... I damn hate you so much, Suho.” Chorong shout.

Suho eyes were wide with what Chorong just said. Not the part she’s saying she hates me. But the part that she will never let him touch her again. The nurse was trying to hold their laugh.

When the pain cool down “Honey, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean any of it. I love you. I love you so much. You know that don’t you.”

“Of course I do, sweetheart.” Suho said and kiss her fore head. Then Suho look at the nurse and shout “Where is the bloody doctor? My wife is in so much pain right her.”

“Dr. Hong is on her way.” The nurse say.

“What do you mean by on her way? She needs to be here now. Go and call her now.”

“Honey, look I’m in extremely pain her and I need you to be the calm one here. So please, just be calm. The doctor knows what she’s doing.” Then another pain hit. Chorong gritted her teeth and shout.

Then the doctor walks in. the doctor take a look and the she said “Okay, mommy. The baby is all ready to come out. In count of three, I want to push, okay.”

The doctor start to count and Chorong push as hard she can and squeezing Suho’s hand.

Suho look so worry and caressed Chorong hair and give her a full support.

“That was good, mommy. Now give me another push.” The doctor start to count ad Chorong push again.

After a few push, Chorong was exhausted.

“Okay, mommy. One last push. I can already see his head.” The doctor in her very calm and sweet voice.

“Suho, I’m worn out. I can’t push anymore. I’m tired.”

“Baby, just another push. You can do it. For us. For our pumpkin. You can do it baby. I know your strong. You can do it.” Suho encourage Chorong.

For the last time and Chorong try to push. She gives her best. She pushes with all the energy left. Then they can hear beautiful crying voice. Chorong flop on her bed devastated.

Suho kiss her sweat forehead and said “You did it sweetheart. You are strong women. I love you.”

Chorong look at Suho and smile weakly. Then the nurse gives the baby to Chorong and Chorong take it and kiss his cheek. She look at Suho and saw a tears fall from his eyes.

“Do you want to hold me, daddy?” Chorong said.

Suho look at Chorong smiling and nod his head. Suho take the baby from Chorong and said “Welcome to the world, little guy.” Suho said.

The baby opens his eyes and smile looking at Suho. Suho smile and another tears fall from his eyes.

“Look Chorong, he has your eyes.”

Chorong smile and said “He has your hair and lips.”

Then the nurse came and said that she need to take the baby away to bath him. Haneul give him to the nurse. Then the nurse asks “What will the baby name be? We need to write it.”

“Kim Ha Jun.” Suho said.

The nurse nod and walk away. Then another nurse came and tell Suho to wait out while the help and clean Chorong. Suho nod his head. Give Chorong last kiss on her lips before walking out.

Once she step out from the room, everyone was there. Mrs. Kim walk to Suho and ask “How’s Chorong?”

“She’s fine. She’s strong.”

“And the baby?” Mr. Kim ask.

“His healthy and perfect.” Suho said with a big smile.

All breath in relieve. Everyone congrats him. Then Kyungsoo who was carrying Haneul, give Haneul to Suho. Suho thank Namjoo and Kyungsoo and kiss Haneul cheek.

“Daddy can we go and see mommy and baby?” Haneul said.

“Of course we can. But we need to wait. Mommy and baby is getting ready.” Suho said and Haneul just nod her head.

After a few minutes, the nurse came and said that they can go and visit Chorong. Everyone walk in with a smile and congrats Chorong.

They stay there for awhile and then went back home leaving Suho, Chorong and Ha Jun alone. Suho ask Namjoo and Kyungsoo to take care of Haneul and both of them agree happily.

Suho sit on the chair beside Chorong’s bed and hold her hand.

“Thank you sweetheart for giving another beautiful son. You really are strong women. I love you so much.”

“I love you so much to, Suho.” Chorong said. They seal their love with a kiss on the lips.

Then Suho told Chorong to sleep. Chorong and told Suho to sleep on the bed with her. Suho happily say yes and pull Chorong in his arm and both of them went to sleep.

***

4 MONTH LATER

It was quarter past 10 in the night. Suho did tell Chorong to sleep first because he will be late since he has some work to settle. When he walks in the house with the thought that Chorong and the kids is asleep.

He walks straight up stairs and went to cheek for Haneul first. Looking how soundly he is sleeping hugging his small blanket the he always hug to sleep. Kissing his cheek, Suho walk out and went to check for Ha Jun. Once he walk in the room and look at Ha Jun who sleeping with both of his hand on the side of his face, smiling. He caress his cheek and Ha Jun move a bit before fall back to sleep. After kissing his cheek and saying good night, he walk into his and Chorong’s room. With his surprise, Chorong wasn’t in the room, sleeping. The bed was empty and the bathroom was dark. The closet light was off too. He frowns.

“Weird. I thought she was sleeping. Where is she?” Then Suho thought Chorong might be in his office reading her novel. So he went to take his shower. Once he was done, he wears his joggers and black tshirt and walk straight to his office. Once he enters the room, he start to freak out because Chorong wasn’t in his office.

He was walking to the kitchen to make sure if Chorong was there but stop in the middle when he saw the outside light near the swimming pool is on.

He walks out and was shock to see Chorong was swimming with her one-piece black striped swimwear push up tankini that she wears on their honeymoon. Chorong stop from swimming and stand up.

“AHHHH!” Chorong shout in shock. She place her hand on her cheast and said “You scared me the, Suho.”

Suho laugh and walk near the pool and ask “What are you doing here late at night?”

He pulls up her pants and sits at the edge of the pool and dip his leg in the pool.

“Just wanted a swim. It’s been a long time I’ve swim. Mom bans me from swimming and doing anything extreme for the whole 4 month. Since I’m fully okay now, I wanted to swim and see if my swimming suit that you bought for me still feet me or not. Surprisingly, it fits. And I can’t go to swim in the evening like this since the boys is wide awake.”

Suho just nod her head. “How long have you been swimming?”

“10, 9.50. At that time. The boys fall asleep early since Namjoo was here and they were having fun playing with her. Ha Jun didn’t even sleep in the evening. I don’t know why. I tell you, your boys are to attach with their sunshine aunty.”

Suho just laugh. Chorong wanted to step out from the pool. Suho help her out from the pool by pulling her hand up. Chorong thanked him and start to wipe her body and dry her hair. Suho look at her and his dry lips looking at how beautiful and y Chorong look in her swimming suit.

He walks toward Chorong and back hugs her ignoring how wet Chorong was. He left a fether like kiss on her neck and in the middle where her neck and shoulder meet. Chorong jerk out and ask “What are you doing, Suho?”

“You look so irresistible in your swimming suit.” Suho said in her ear huskily and bite her eardrop.

“Suho, remember the boys are here.” Chorong said.

Suho pick her up and said “I don’t care. Let’s go and make another one. This time I want a princess.”

Chorong widen her eyes in shock. She knows what Suho mean. “Suho put me down.”

Suho ignore her and said “Now you don’t to wake them up, don’t you.”

“Your insatiable.” Chorong said.

“Only for you sweetheart. Only for you.” Suho said and kiss her lips and walk up to their room.