CHAPTER FIFTY FIVE

LOVE REQUIRES SACRIFICE

The next day, after lunch and getting everything ready, Chorong, Suho and Haneul said goodbye to Mr. Kim, Mrs. Kim and Namjoo. Then they drive back home. Haneul, who was sitting at the back sit in her car sit, was playing with his toys. Suho and Chorong were talking about some random things and sometime about Chorong pregnancy.

Suho keep on driving with his one hand on the car steering and the other holding Chorong’s hand. Keep on driving and he misses the turn to their house. Chorong frown and said “Honey, you miss the turn to our house.”

“I know. I’m bringing you and Haneul to a place.”

“Where?”

“Somewhere. It’s a secret that I hope you will like it.” Suho said and kiss her hand.

Chorong just nod her head.

Once they arrive at one of the elite residential area, Chorong frown and ask “Honey, what are we doing here?”

“You’ll know. Come on, we’re here.” Suho said and walk out. He helps Haneul out from the car and walk to Chorong who was waiting from him outside the car.

“Let’s go.”Suho said and hold Chorong hand.

When they step in a big light brown house. Once they walks in the lawn, Chorong look at Suho and ask “Honey, who’s house is it?”

“It’s ours. I brought it before you got shot and was planning to show to you that night. So do you like it?”

Chorong start to tears and said “I love it Suho. I really do. But Hon, the house is so big for us. Is too big for three of us. We are fine with the penthouse.”

“Who said is too big. And it’s not three of us. It’s going to be four of us and maybe more, soon. It’s just perfect for us sweetheart. For our small happy family. I want a house for my family. How long do you want to stay in the penthouse, sweetheart. We have a kid and another one is coming. It’s too dangerous to stay at the penthouse.”

Chorong kiss Suho’s cheek and said “It’s perfect honey. It’s more than perfect for our small happy family. Thank you. Thank you so much. I love you.”

“I love you to.” And kiss her temple.

Then Haneul tug Suho pants and ask “Daddy, this house is sooo big. Whos house is this?”

“It’s ours champ. Do you like it?” Suho ask.

Haneul nod and said “I like it daddy. It’s so big. I can play football here.”

“Come on, let’s go and look inside. Then we need to go to the hospital for your mommy checkups.”

Once they step in the house, Chorong was speechless. The house is fully furnished with all modern furniture just like how Chorong like it. Suho saw the shock face on Chorong and smile. He know he did a good job hiring the interior design and explain how Chorong like the house to be. It’s good that his and Chorong's taste in furniture and colors’ for a house to be is quiet same. So it wasn’t a hard task for him.

Once they have done look around the house, they drive straight to the hospital for Chorong checkups.

When they were in the doctor room, the doctor told her to lie on the bed and Suho was sitting on the chair that was provided and place Haneul on his lap.

The doctor squeezes a jelly on Chorong tummy and start scanning. All of their eyes were at the monitor. The doctor smile and explain everything.

“There it is. Your child. That’s the heart beat.”

“Daddy what is that?” haneul ask looking at Suho.

“That is your soon to be baby brother or sister.”

Haneul just nod his head and said “His so small?”

Suho just smile and kiss Haneul head. Once everything is done, the doctor give Chorong tissue and Chorong wipe the jell on her tummy.

Once she’s done, Suho help her up and sit back in front of the doctor and Chorong ask “How many month is our baby, doctor?”

“You’re in 13 weeks of pregnancy.”

“Thank you doctor. Is that all?” Suho ask.

The doctor nod and they said their bye and thank you.

***

Since the day Suho knows Chorong was pregnant, he become so protective. He never let Chorong walk up and down the stairs alone without him by her side. He didn’t let Chorong pick up heavy thing. In fact he doesn’t give Chorong to pick up Haneul to. Haneul was basically his to take care of. He will wake Haneul up, help Haneul with bath. Basically everything that involves Haneul expects cooking. Suho even had been working at house now. If he needs to go to the office, he’ll take Chorong with her. If Chorong say no or she doesn’t want to go, he will tell the P.A to send the important files to their home.

Chorong been complaining that Suho is being ridiculously protective to Mrs. Kim and Namjoo. The mother and daughter were just able to laugh. She even say that she was fine and she been to this state before with Haneul, to Suho. So he can just leave her alone in the house and go to office. Suho said no and said that he miss the whole taking care of her and being there beside her when she had Haneul. His not going to miss every single day again. Leaving no argument between them at all.

“Here you go sweetheart. Your milk.” Suho give her. Chorong take it and drink it. While drinking it, she look at Suho and just to make sure his mood is okay. Suho realize that Chorong is looking at him and as if she wants to tell him something.

“What is it? What do you want to ask?”

Chorong place the glass of milk on the table top and bite her lower lips. She let go of a breath and said “Uhm… Namjoo and Irene ask me to join them for shopping. Buying some things for Namjoo wedding and it will be girl’s day out too. Can I go?”

“No. You can’t. If you really want to go. I’ll come with you.”

“Why? Its girl’s day. If you worry that anything might happen to me, don’t. Namjoo and Irene will be there. I’ve been staying at home since we move here. Please Suho. I feel like leaving in a jail. The only place I can go out is to our garden watching you and Haneul swim. I can’t even swim with both of you. I don’t even know why. Because the doctor say it’s good for a pregnant woman to swim. Please Suho. Let me go. Is suffocating leaving in the house doing nothing? You practically ban me from doing everything accepts cooking and taking shower. Alone.” Chorong pout.

“You cute pout won’t work. No means no Chorong. I won’t be there and I don’t know what will happen to you. So please to try to understand. Anything can happen when you are away from me.”

“Suho please. Nothing can happen to me. I was fine when Haneul was in me. If anything happen, Namjoo and Irene is there to call you. Please let me go. I want to have fun to.”

“No Chorong. No means no. I’m not going to allow you to go. Stop being stubborn and drink you milk. Then we can just relax.” Suho said. He was practically half shouting to Chorong.

Chorong tears start to appear. Since she been pregnant, she cry easily. “I hate you.” She said in her sob, stand up and walk away from the kitchen stomping her feet. She walks up the stairs, lock herself in the room and cry on her bed.

Suho sigh and hit his forehead. He knows Chorong get hurt easily ever since she' pregnant. He walks up and was about to twist the door knob but it was lock. He sigh again and knock the door and said “Sweetheart, please open the door. Let’s talk.”

“No. Go Away.” Chorong said in her crying voice.

“Look sweetheart, I’m sorry I shout at you. Please open the door so we can talk and sort this out.”

“No. Just go away and leave me alone Suho. I’m not going to talk to you and you can sleep with Haneul or other room tonight.”

“No way. I’m not going to sleep in other room. Look my sweet wife, I’m sorry okay. Please open the door.”

“I said no Suho. So no.”

Suho walk to his office and take their room key. Once he got it, he walks back to the room and open it with the key. Once it was unlocked, he walks in. Chorong look at him and immediately look away and wipe her tears.

She is just so mad at him right now. Suho sit beside her and try to cupped her cheek but instantly push his hand away.

Suho sigh. He doesn’t know for how many times he already sighs. He ignores the Chorong push and cupped her cheek.

“Look baby, I’m sorry okay. I know I’m being ridiculously protective….”

“Good that you know that.” Chorong murmured alone but Suho still can hear that.

“…but sweetheart, you need to know. I didn’t get to do it when you were carrying Haneul. I miss all of the time when I need to be with you when you carrying Haneul. I just want to be with you for the whole time so that I know what you’re doing and if anything happen to you, I’ll know first. I just want to be with you. That’s all. I want to make up every single moment that I miss with Haneul and you with our second child.”

“But I want to be free. I want to go and have fun with Namjoo and Irene. Namjoo need my help to choose something for her wedding day. Let me go please. I promise. If you let me go, I’ll text you every 30 minutes saying that I’m fine and I promise, if you let me go, I follow you to the office and where ever your going.”

“Okay. I let you go, but promise me you’ll text me not every 30 minutes but 10 minutes.”

“30 minutes.”

“15 minutes.”

“30 Suho.”

“Fine, 20 minutes.”

“30 minutes, Suho or I won’t text you at all.”

“Fine, 30 minutes. God. It’s really hard to win with you isn’t it.” Suho said with a smile.

Chorong nod her head cutely. She hug Suho tightly and said “Thank you..thank you…thank you. I love you so much.”

Suho hug her back and said “I love you to. But make sure you text or call me every 30 minutes. If you late even a minute, I’ll gonna call you or drive straight to the mall and bring you back home.”

Chorong pull away from the hug and said “Yes sir. I will text you every 30 minutes.”

Suho smile and nod. He was about to stand up but Chorong stop him but pulling his arm. Suho sit back and look at Chorong and raised his eyebrow as if asking what.

Chorong smile and kiss his lips. A long and sweet kiss. Once she pulls away, she blushes.

“What was that for?”

“A thank you gift.” Chorong said and run to the bathroom and lock it.

Suho just chuckle.

Chorong take her short shower and quickly dry herself and wrap her body with towel and walk to the walk-in closet. She choose a swedish blue loose linen boat neck short sleeve knee length dresses that show her small baby bump. She let her hair loose. Once she was done, she takes her handbag and walks out the closet and saw Suho was sitting on the bed going through his phone.

Suho sense her and look at her. He smile and said “Are you ready?”

“Yes I am. What are you doing here? I thought you already went down.”

“Nope. I was in Haneul room to wake him up and get him ready. And you know I never let you walk down the stairs alone. Shall we go now?” Suho said and extend her hand for Chorong.

Chorong nod her hand and take his hand. They walk down holding hand.

Just the time she arrive at the grown floor, the bell rang and Namjoo voice can be heard “Unnie, were here. Let’s go.”

They walk the house and open the main gate. Suho kiss her forehead and said “Be careful okay. And text me every 30 minutes.”

“Yes sir I will. Don’t worry. I’m just going for a shopping. I will be back in two or three hours.”

Suho sigh and nod “You better take a good care of your sister-in-law, Namjoo.”

“I will oppa. Went did I never take care of her when we shop together. Now stop worrying and let her go.” Namjoo said.

Suho kiss Chorong lips chastely and let her hand go. Namjoo and Chorong step in the car and drive off. Suho look until the car was out from his sight and sigh.

He don’t know why is so hard for him to let Chorong go out in that condition.

Once he step in, he sit beside Haneul and ruffles his hair and said “It’s only me and you, son. What do you want to do?”

“Let’s go for a swim daddy. You promise me to teach swimming.”

“Okay then. Let’s get you change first.”

Then they got change and went for a swim.