CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX

LOVE REQUIRES SACRIFICE

“Good morning. How are you feeling right now?” Namjoo ask her brother the moment Suho step in the kitchen.

“I’m fine. What time is it?” Suho ask pressing his head.

“It’s 12 in the afternoon. Here, take this. It’ll reduce your headache. I’ll make some coffee for you.” Namjoo give Suho the medicine and then went to make coffee. When she was making coffee, she ask “What happen yesterday oppa? You left me alone at the party and then you came home drunk. It’s something bothering you?” Then she place the coffee in front of Suho.

Suho thank her and take a sip. He place the mug down and said “I saw her yesterday, Namjoo. I saw my wife, Chorong.”

Namjoo was shock. She didn’t expect that. Then she said “How did you meet her?”

“She’s uncle In Soo’s secretary and Changsub’s best friend.”

“Then what’s the matter. What make you drink until drunk oppa? You never drink until you drunk. Even after Chorong unnie left you.”

“I taught she was suffering just like how I suffer. But looking at her smiling and laughing with her friends, make me mad. I suffer for the past few years thinking where she is. Is she save or not? Why she left me? Then when I saw her smiling like nothing happen between us make me so damn mad. I taught she was suffering just like how I suffer.”

“You just saw the smile and laugh. Who know that she suffer to oppa. Did you look at her properly? Look in her eyes.”

“I didn’t and I don’t think so I have to. By looking at her face I know she’s happy without me.”

“You’re so sure. Who know that she suffer to? By smiling and laughing can make her forget about her pain.”

“Why are you saying that Namjoo. Why do you take her side and not me?”

“Sorry. I’m just saying. Who knows? Forget about it. Finish your coffee and take a shower oppa. Mom will be back soon form meeting her friends. She won’t like to see her son in this condition. It’s good enough that dad and mom didn’t see you drunk last night.”

Suho finish his coffee and place it in the sink. He walk to the kitchen entrance and stop. Then he said without looking at Namjoo.

“Namjoo. I think mom is right. She just wanted my money. She didn’t love me at all. It was all an act.” Then walk away.

Namjoo, who was washing the mug, stop from washing. She was shock from what just came out from Suho mouth. She didn’t expect that she will hear her oppa talking bad about Chorong. She finish her washing and then took about her phone.

“Hello. Can we meet?” Namjoo ask.

“Yes we can. Where and when?” the one that Namjoo call said

“Now. I’ll text you the place.” Namjoo said.

“Okay. Till’ then. Bye.”

“Bye” and then she hang up.

She went to her room and take her handbag. She knock Suho’s room and said to him “Oppa, I’m going out for awhile okay.”

“Okay, be careful.”

“Okay, bye. Take care.”

“Bye. I love you missy.”

“Love you to oppa.” And walk down the stairs and out from the house.

She didn’t take her car with her. She just walk to the bas stop and take the bas. She prefer going with the bas more than taking her car with her.

When she arrive the place, she walk in the cafe and take the quietest and far away from the crowd. She sit there and wait for the person.

After a few minutes, the person come and sit in front of her.

“Hi my lovely Dove. Sorry for being late.”

“It’s okay.”

Then a waiter come to take an order. But the waiter was looking at Namjoo and the guy didn’t like it.

“Back off. She’s mine. Do your job and get the hell out of here?” he said.

The waiter was in shock and take what we order. He apologize again and walk away. Namjoo jus shook her head and said “What was that for?”

“He was eyeing my girl and I don’t like it.”

Namjoo just chuckle and let him be. Namjoo know that he have a problem if other guy look at her in not appropriate way.

“So, what is it that you want to talk about? You sound so worry.” The guy ask.

Namjoo take a deep breath and let it out. “Oppa hate Chorong unnie now.”

“What? Why? How?”

“He said that he met Chorong unnie last night at the party. I forgot that Chorong unnie work for uncle In Soo and Changsub oppa’s best friend. What should I do? I’m scared Kyungsoo oppa. He hate Chorong unnie so much now. I can see it in his eyes.”

“That’s why he was drunk last night?”

“Yes. He said that it hurts to see the person you love so much and who taught that she must be suffer too. Instead she’s smiling and laughing like nothing happen.  He never talk bad about Chorong unnie. But today, he said that mom was right that unnie just wanted her money and all the love was just an act. It’s all my fault.”

“Namjoo it’s not your fault. Chorong noona told you to keep it as a secret and you did because you didn’t want to broke her promise. So it’s not your fault. Look I know it’s a mess now. But believe me, everything will be okay. One day, Suho hyung and Chorong noona will met again. Sooner or later they will met again.”

“But Suho oppa hates her now. I can see in his eyes that his hurt and in pain but there is also a hate now for unnie. We need to do something. I get to know that Dad’s company and uncle In Soo’s company is having a deal together. Means that oppa will meet unnie more. Both of them will suffer Kyungsoo oppa and I don’t want both of my favourite person in pain.” Namjoo eyes start to be watery.

Kyungsoo hold her hand, which was on the table and said “Everything will be okay. Believe me. I know Suho hyung very much. He love Chorong noona so much and he will not hate her long. On day, the secret will be out and Suho hyung will forgive her. Both of them just need time. So please don’t stress yourself about this and don’t cry.”

Namjoo wipe her tears with her palm and look at Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo smile and said “Now I want to see my favourite girl smile.”

Namjoo smile at him and he smile back. He always like to see Namjoo smile and listen to her laugh. It’s like a sweet melody in his ears. He never taught that he will ever fall in love again after what happen to him in the past. His happy now and he know this happiness will stay. He never regret coming back to Korea and meet with Namjoo.

“Oppa!” Namjoo half shout and make Kyungsoo wake up from his taught.

“Dreaming. What are you dreaming about? I’ll call your name for a few times.”

“Sorry.” Kyungsoo said and smile at Namjoo.

“I said that I need to go somewhere.”

“Oh okay. Let me send you.”

“No it’s okay. I’ll take the bas.”

“Please. I want to send you.” Kyungsoo place the money on the table and stand up. Namjoo just nod her head and follow Kyungsoo.

In the car, Kyungsoo will look secretly at Namjoo and saw that Namjoo is in a deep taught. He take Namjoo’s hand from her lap and intertwined her hand and bought it on his lips. Namjoo startle and look at Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo give a smile to Namjoo and Namjoo smile back. “What are you thinking about, Dove.”

Namjoo shook her head and said “Nothing.”

“I don’t believe you. Come on tell me. We promise no secret.”

“Really. It’s nothing.” Namjoo said and smile at him.

“I don’t believe you but I’ll let it go. Tell me if whenever you’re ready.”

Namjoo just nod her head and look at the window. She didn’t know when she start to fall for Kyungsoo since she’s really scared to fall in love because of her past with her boyfriend and how protective is her oppa. But Kyungsoo change it all. She love this man so much.

 

*** Kyungsoo and Namjoo story I will update after the story finish. It will be a special chapter for them. May be just two but I will write how they start to meet again and again and how they fall in love and confess. ***