CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO

LOVE REQUIRES SACRIFICE

Today is a special day. Is their 100 days together as husband and wife and Suho wanted to make it special. Suho wanted to have dinner outside with Chorong today. Since his going to be late, he told Chorong to come to the office. Chorong agree. She was on her way to the office and the bus stop on the other side of the road. She call Suho that she have arrive. Suho came out from the building and saw Chorong. He smile at her and wave. When is time to cross, she walk. She was the only one there to cross the road. When she was crossing, a car driving faster toward her. Suho saw that and shout at Chorong but Chorong ignore it. Suho ran to her and push her just then the car hit Suho and Suho caromed on the road. Chorong was shock. She shout Suho’s name and ran to him.

“Suho wake up. Suho. Please open your eyes. Someone call the ambulance please. Call the ambulance now. Baby, open your eyes. Please stay with me. Please. You promise me that you won’t leave me. So baby please.”

Just then ambulance came and take Suho to the hospital. At the hospital, the doctor told Chorong to wait outside. She can’t follow him in the ICU. She take her phone and call Mr. Kim.

“Dad. Dad.” Chorong was crying. She was speechless.

Mr. Kim who heard Chorong was crying, panic and said “Calm down Chorong. What happen?”

“Dad. Su-Suho. He involve in an accident. Dad. I’m scared.”

“What? What happen? Tell me the hospital name now. I’m coming sweetheart. Wait there okay.”

Chorong told him the hospital name and hang up. He panic and didn’t know what to do. She was crying none stop. Just a few minutes later, Mr. Kim, Mrs. Kim and Namjoo came.

“Chorong, what happen. Tell me.”

“I was crossing the road and a car was driving fast. Suho wanted to save me so he push me and the car hit Suho instead. Dad Suho will be fine isn’t it. Nothing can’t happen to him. Dad.”

Mr. Kim hug her and tell her to cool down. “Everything’s gonna be fine. Nothing going to happen to Suho. He is a fighter. Everything will be fine. He’s going to be okay. Don’t worry.”

Then the doctor came out from the operation teater. Chorong ran to him and ask “Doctor is my husband okay. How is him?”

“We can’t tell anything yet. He is in serious condition. He lost a lot of blood. We hope you can wait with patient.”

Then he walk away. Mrs. Kim walk to Chorong and slap her. “This is all your fault. This won’t happen if he didn’t meet you or marry you. You are a jinx and no one will be happy or survive around you.”

“Hee Kyung. Stop it. She’s worry to. It’s not her fault. Suho was the one who wanted to met her today at the office. So can you stop blaming her. She’s in shock to.” Mr. Kim said to Mrs. Kim angrily.

Mrs. Kim look at Chorong with so much hates in her eyes. After a few hour, the doctor come out from the ICU room and everyone went to her.

“How is my son doctor?” Mr. Kim ask.

“He’s out from the danger, but he went into coma. We can’t tell how many days will it takes to him to wake up. Sorry.”

Chorong fall on the floor and start to blame herself “This all my fault.”

Namjoo hug her and said “It’s not your fault. This was written to happen to oppa. Don’t blame yourself. Oppa will be fine. Have fate in him. Have fate in God.”

“Namjoo if anything happen to Suho, I won’t forgive myself. I wouldn’t able to leave if something to Suho.”

“Hush unnie. Nothing’s going to happen to oppa.”

***

It’s been 2 days past and Suho is still on the bed lying with his eyes shut. The only that saying that his still alive is the machine. Chorong stay with her husband since the day Suho was in the hospital. She didn’t bother to eat anything. She was getting skinny. Namjoo and Mr. Kim was worry about her more than Suho at this stage.

“Daughter, please eat something. Look at yourself. You look pale and skinny.”

“I’m not gonna leave Suho’s side dad. I want to stay here with him.”

“But still you need to eat sweetheart. Please Chorong. Eat something. If Suho saw you like this, he’ll be very angry. So please. Not for me or for yourself. But at least for Suho.”

Chorong look at Suho’s helpless and pale face. She stand up and eat the food that Namjoo bought from house for her.

She eat but just a few. She has no appetite. Then she stand up again and sit beside Suho back holding his hand. Mr. Kim and Namjoo was just able to sigh. Then Namjoo and Mr. Kim tell Chorong that they will be leaving first. Chorong nod her head.

Just then Mrs. Kim and Hyo Rim came to the hospital to see Suho. When they saw Chorong there, they weren’t happy.

Then Hyo Rim and Mrs. Kim got an idea how to make Chorong leave him. This is the only moment to make Chorong leave his son. Si she start to attack her that will change her life forever. They were cursing her.

“What are you doing here. This is all your fault. Do you know why Suho is like this and he is still not awake? This is all your fault. You are the reason. If you didn’t meet him and marry him, this won’t happen. If he marry Hyo Rim, he won’t be here lying on the bed. He will be laughing with us. This is your entire fault. All of your family die while you are here living. Only you left and being happy while the other suffer and left you. You are really the jinx in the family and you always be. Everyone you are close to you will die or leave you just like your family and best friend.”

“Leave him alone Chorong. I’m begging you. Leave him and let him leave. I don’t your jinx hit him. I don’t want my son to die. So go away you jinx. Go away and leave him. If you stay here longer. He will die or never wake up. Go away Chorong. Her mother is begging you.” Mrs. Kim spit and fake her cry.

“Mom.” That’s the only word was able to come out from Chorong’s voice.

Chorong was so hurt. But when she think again her mother-in-law was right. Everyone who is close to her will die or leave her. And she doesn’t want Suho to die.

“Get out from her you jinx and . Get out and don’t come back.”

Chorong put her hand on the chest and ran out the room. She walk out the hospital building and went home. She cry out loud in the room. She didn’t know what to do. While Hyo Rim and Mrs. Kim was smiling happily.

Maybe mom is right. I need to leave him if I want him to be alive. Suho can’t die. I have to leave him. That’s the best way. I need to go far away from him. Chorong taught.

She start to walk in to the closet and pack her bag. She take everything that hers and leave behind the things that Suho bought for her. After packing her bag, she look around for the last time at the house. there are so many good memory for Chorong. She wipe the tears from her eyes and walk out from the house.

She went to the hospital for the last time to see Suho. When she walk in, Mrs. Kim was still inside the room beside Suho.

“Why are you here again. I told you to go away.”

“Let me meet him for the last time mom. Please.”

“Fine. For the last time and then leave and never appear in front of him.”

Chorong nod her head. Mrs. Kim and Hyo Rim wait outside because they hate Chorong so much. They were laughing and smiling. Both of them were happy since their plan work.

Chorong sit on the chair beside the bed and hold Suho’s hand.

“Hey baby. I love you so much. Please wake up okay. I’m sorry I have to leave you for your own good. I need to make this sacrifice. For you. For us. But believe me baby, I love you so much and I will only love you for the rest of my life. Please wake up. Promise me that.”

Chorong stand up and kiss his forehead and lips for the last time and leave him for good. She walk out the room and said “I’m sorry mom for everything. I should listen to you in the first place. I’m really sorry.” Chorong bow and then leave.

When she was about to step in the elevator, suddenly she feel nausea. She ran toward the toilet with the luggage to throw up. When she finish throwing up. She walk out the toilet. When she walk out, she bump into someone. She look at the person and was shock. She was trying to hide the bag but she couldn’t. The bag is so big.

“Unnie. Where are you going with that big bag?” Namjoo ask.

“Uhm..No where?”

“Don’t lie to me unnie. Are you really planning to leave oppa?”

Chorong look at Namjoo with wide eyes. She was so shock.

“I heard everything that mom said to you unnie. And you seriously taking that as a serious matter. You believe that. Did you ever taught about oppa. What will happen to him if you leave him. You’re not going anywhere unnie.”

“Please Namjoo don’t stop me. I promise your mom that I leave. And I believe that if I leave, oppa, he will wake up. Mom is right. I’m the jinx in my family. So please for one I’m begging you don’t stop me.”

“Bull. No unnie. I’m not going to listen to you.”

Suddenly she felt very hard pain her head. She hold her head and start to press it. Namjoo saw it and ask “Unnie, are you okay?”

“Yeah I’m fine.” Just then she faint.

The last thing she heard was Namjoo calling her.

***

When Chorong wake up, she saw a white ceiling. Her head is still hurting. When she sit down, she saw Namjoo was talking to the doctor. When the doctor saw her, she smile and ask “How are you feeling Mrs. Kim?”

Chorong smile weakly and said “Fine. Just my head still hurting. Why am I here?”

“Well you fainted Ma’am.”

“what? Why? What happen?”

“Congratz Mrs. Kim, your pregnant. It’s been 1 month now. You fainted because you are exhausted and Miss Kim here said that you have not been eating for two days. You need to eat Mrs. Kim. Is not good for your child. Please do eat something. I have to go now. Anything just call me.”

Chorong and Namjoo nod their head and thanked the doctor. Just when the doctor walk out the room, Chorong place her on her flat stomach and cry. She was happy but sad in the same time.

“Unnie congrats, you’re pregnant. Now you don’t need to leave oppa. You can say to mom that you’re pregnant.”

“I still can’t Namjoo. I promise your mom I’ll leave your oppa. Your mom is right. I’m a jinx and always be. It’s better if I leave and your oppa save then seeing your oppa die Namjoo. I can’t stay here longer. I need to leave.”

Chorong stand up and start to pull her beg. Namjoo stop her and ask “Okay. Fine. Leave if you want unnie. But tell me what should I answer when oppa wake up? I need to give him answer.”

Chorong turn to face Namjoo and said “Tell him that your mom was right. I just wanted his money and I don’t want to take care of him in that state.”

Namjoo fake her laugh and said “Like oppa will believe that. Anyway I’m not going to lie about you to oppa. So no I’m not going to say that and this time you are not going to force me or tell me promise you.”

“Please Namjoo.”

Namjoo shook her head and said “No unnie. I won’t. My mouth won’t say anything bad about you. Leave if you want to but don’t force me to lie to oppa.”

“Up to you then. But don’t tell him the truth. Please.” Then walk away, when she open the door, Namjoo call her in her cracking voice.

“Before you go. Won’t you hug me unnie. Won’t you hug your sister-in-law and best friend?”

Chorong turn and hug her “I’m sorry Namjoo. I’m really am. But this is the best decision for me and your oppa.”

“I understand unnie. Call me when you arrive at your destination. I still want to keep contact with you and be with you all the time you’re pregnant.”

They broke the hug and smile to each other. “I will. But promise is just our secret. Don’t even tell dad about this.”

Namjoo nod and smile “I promise.”

Chorong smile and walk away. He went to the bas station, bought a ticket and ride the bus to her Papa’s house.

Just after Chorong left, Suho wake up. When Chorog heard that, she believe that Mrs. Kim was right. She is a jinx.

The moment Suho open his eyes, he ask about Chorong.

“Where is Chorong?”

Namjoo was about to cry but she hold it.

“I don’t know son. She didn’t come for this past 3 days.”

“She’s gone. I told you she was just after your money. Now when you are in this condition, she left you and maybe finding another rich guy out there.”

Namjoo was so mad. She wanted to stop and told everyone that her mother was lying but she holds it. She promise Chorong. What make Namjoo shock and angry was went her mother give Suho a letter telling Suho that Chorong write that.

When Suho read the letter, he didn’t believe it.

“No...No...No. this can’t be. Chorong will never write like this. This is not even her writing. No...No. Namjoo, dad tells me mom is lying.”

Namjoo and his dad were speechless.

“Answer me damn it. Mom is lying isn’t it?” Suho shout. He was so angry.

“Cool down son. You just wake up. Please. Will go and find Chorong for you. But just rest first.” Mr. Kim said.

Namjoo was so sad looking at her oppa and she can’t take it anymore so she walks out the room. Mr. Kim saw something was not right with his daughter and follow her.

“Princess what happen?” Mr. Kim ask.

Namjoo turn and hug her dad tightly. “Dad I can’t watch oppa like that. What will happen to him if he knows that Chorong unnie left him?”

“Shhh, Namjoo. We will find her. She won’t be far.”

Namjoo broke the hug and ask her dad that he need air. Mr. Kim nod his head say yes.

When she walk out the building, she bump in to a men.

“I’m sorry miss.”

Namjoo look at the person.

“Kyungsoo oppa?”

“Namjoo. What are you doing here. I heard your oppa is awake.”

“Yes. He is resting and I need a fresh air.”

“Since your oppa is sleeping, can I accompany you?”

Namjoo just smile weakly and nod her head.

Then they sit at one of the bench there and sit silently. Namjoo lean on the bench and close her eyes and take a deep breath and let it go.

Kyungsoo just look at her. Then he break the silent “What happen? Look like there is something bothering you.”

“Why is my family is in a mess?” Namjoo ask eyes still close.

Kyungsoo look at him and frown “What do you mean by that?”

“Oppa is in the hospital. Unnie ran away and she didn’t even call since she left.. Mom is still telling badly about unnie and I don’t know what to do.” Namjoo wipe the tears fall from her eyes.

“Well that’s life. Always believe that God is planning something better in future. Crying won’t solve it. You need to strong Namjoo. There must be reasons why Chorong noona left hyung.”

Namjoo open her eyes and look at Kyungsoo. She didn’t know what happen, she hug Kyungsoo and cry on his chest. Kyungsoo was startle, and then he hug Namjoo back.

“I don’t know. Oppa will break down. He’ll hate unnie and I don’t want that to happen. I know there must be a good reason why unnie left, but watching oppa will break down is too much. I just don’t want oppa to suffer.”

“I know. But you need to be strong so that you can make sure that your oppa won’t break down. You are the only one left to make you oppa happy again.”

Then stay like that for a few minutes. Then Namjoo realize that what she just did, she broke the hug. Then she apologizes. Kyungsoo smile and said that it’s fine. But what Namjoo didn’t know is he was so damn happy.