CHAPTER FIFTY FOUR

LOVE REQUIRES SACRIFICE

“What are you looking at?” Namjoo ask Kyungsoo. They are dancing right now. Namjoo wrapped around Kyungsoo neck and Kyungsoo hand was around Namjoo waist. After the engagement announcement, Kyungsoo was so happy that at last they announce that Namjoo is his and immediately ask Namjoo to dance with him.

“Just, looking at my beautiful fiancée. Why?”

Namjoo smile sheepishly and blush. Kyungsoo kiss her hair and said “Do you know that you look so adorable when you’re blushing.”

Namjoo blush become redder. Kyungsoo chuckle and planted another kiss on her forehead.

“You look beautiful today my lovely dove.”

“Thank you. You look handsome to my sweet sugar.”

Then Namjoo said that she needs to use the toilet and she will be back.

After done using the toilet, she walks back to the hall. On her way there, Ahreum block her way and said “You must be happy. In fact very happy, since he came. Did you think you won? No Namjoo, no. His mine and I’ll make him mine.”

“Leave him alone Ahreum. His not yours and he doesn’t love you anymore. His mine. Mine to love and mine to keep. Can’t you just back of already.”

Ahreum got mad and grab Namjoo’s hand and squeeze it and Namjoo wince in pain. “Ahreum, your hurting me.”

“His mine Namjoo. He used to be mine. Going to be mine and will stay mine forever. I’m not going to let anyone come between us. Do you understand that?” and dig her nails in Namjoo’s skin. Namjoo’s eyes start to be watery since it hurts a lot.

“Ahreum it hurts. Let me go.” Namjoo half yell.

“LEE AHREUM! LET HER GO.” Kyungsoo shout. Kyungsoo run to Namjoo and pull her in his arm. He look at Namjoo and said “Are you okay?” And when he saw Ahreum nails mark on Namjoo’s right arm, he got angry and bust out.

“What the hell did you just do to Namjoo? Who the hell do you think you are Lee Ahreum? If you thinking doing this will make me come back to you, you’re dead wrong. I use to being love with you and you know what, that was my stupidest thing I ever did. I don’t even know how I fell in love with a cheap girl like you. I hate you and will always hate you Ahreum. Whatever you did in the past make me hate you and prove that you are cheap. So get the hell out from my and Namjoo live. If I ever saw you near us, I will report to the cop of what you did the day I caught you cheat on me. And I swear if you hurt or blackmail Namjoo, I will kill you using my own hand.”

“Kyungsoo, you don’t mean all that don’t you. It’s just an act. I know you still love me.”

“I mean every single thing I say and I don’t love you anymore and never will. Get lost Ahreum.”

“Kyungsoo…”

“OUT!” Kyungsoo yell and the people who were walking past by, look at them.

Ahreum look at Namjoo with her unsatisfied face and was about to walk away but Kyungsoo pull her by her arm and did the same thing she did you Namjoo and warn her “I’m dead serious Ahreum. Don’t even think of planning anything to break us or harm Namjoo. You will see the worst side of me. Don’t even think to appear infront of anymore.”

Ahreum was deadly scared. She walks away with tears on her eyes. Stupid. It’s your own entire fault. He loves you and you betray him. You cheat and lie to him. And this is what you get. I really thought I can make him love me back. I’m sorry Kyungsoo for hurting you. I’m sorry Namjoo for hurting you. It was never my intention. I was just jealous and I really want him back. But it’s too late now. Ahreum thought.

Before she make an exit, she turn around and saw Kyungsoo was hugging Namjoo tightly as if she will leave him. She also realizes how deep Kyungsoo love is toward Namjoo. Then she walk away promising herself that she will never come between them again.

***

“Are you okay sweetheart? You look pale. Do you want to rest?” Suho ask in worry.

“No. I’m fine. Let’s keep on dancing. It’s been a long time we didn’t dance together.” Chorong said and place her head on Suho’s chest. Suho smile and kiss her hair. But the truth is his worry. Chorong doesn’t look well. He just sighs and let her be.

After a while, Chorong and Suho take a break from dancing and walk to the bar. They take a sit and order a drink.

“Do you want anything, sweetheart?” Suho ask.

“Nope. I just need a juice.” Chorong said.

“Juice. Not even a wine or champagne.”

Chorong shook her head and said “I can’t handle the smell. I don’t know why.”

Suho felt weird but he just let it be and order a juice for Chorong and soda for himself.

While they were drinking, Changsub and Irene came and greet them.

“Hey guys.” Changsub said.

“Hey, you came. Why did both of you came late?” Chorong said and give a light hug to Changsub and a tight hug to Irene since they miss each other so much.

“We have…..something to settle. That’s why?” Changsub say.

Chorong raise her eyebrow and look at both of them. “I can smell something is fishy. What is it?” Chorong said and narrow her eyes.

“Nothing. It’s really nothing.” Changsub said.

Chorong just nod and let it be. They continue to walk.

The party is getting to the end and Chorong head is getting worst. She lie when she said that she was fine to Suho. She knows if she tell him, Suho will tell her to rest and forget about the party. Her headache was getting worst every minutes and nausea.

“Honey, I’m going to the toilet for awhile.” Chorong told Suho.

Suho just nod and said “I’ll be waiting here.”

Chorong stand up and her head start to spin and she was about to fall. It was good Suho was there to grab Chorong’s arm.

“Sweetheart, are you okay?” Suho ask in a very worry tone.

“Yes I am. I’m wearing a heel. So I lost my stable.” Chorong lie.

Suho let her go and make sure she was telling him the truth. Chorong start to walk with her heavy head. After a few step, she couldn’t take it anymore and the next thing she know everything was dark and she fall on the floor.

“CHORONG!” Suho shout. Everyone look at him.

He immediately run to her and make her sit and lay her back on Suho’s chest. Changsub give him a glass of water and spatter on Chorong face. After three attempt, Chorong wake up. Suho sigh in relief and give Chnagsub back the glass. He immediately carries her. Mr. and Mrs. Kim came. Mrs. Kim asks “What happen to her? Bring her to the room now.”

Suho nod her head and walk straight to the lift. Once they arrive their floor, Suho walk into their room and lie her down on the bed.

Just a minute later, Mr. Kim, Mrs. Kim, Namjoo, Kyungsoo, Changsub and Irene came. Changsub parents was there to.

“What happen Suho? Why did she faint?” Mrs. Kim asks in worry.

“I don’t know mom. She say she was fine and wanted to go to the toilet. The next thing I know, she fainted. She did complain that her head was hurting and Namjoo said she saw her throw up in the morning.” Suho said. He was so worry.

Then he felt someone tug his pants. He look down and saw Haneul was about to cry. Suho pick him up. Then Haneul asks in his crack voice “Daddy, what happen to mommy? Why did she fall on the floor? Is it because of me? Daddy tell mommy to wake up. I promise I want be naughty anymore. I will listen to mommy. I won’t eat any sweets things anymore.” And he starts to cry.

Suho hug him and said “Look mommy is fine. She’s just not well. She’ll wake up soon. It’s not your fault, okay. So stop crying.”

Luckily Changsub mother was an ex-doctor. She walks and sits beside Chorong and takes Chorong and examined her pulse. Then she start to press one hand on her stomach, right above my pubic bone and press it not giving to much impact. She try if for a few times and smile start to appear.

Suho saw the smile and ask “Why are you smiling aunty? Is she fine?”

She smile and said “She’s fine. Don’t worry. It’s nothing to worry about.”

“What do you mean there is nothing to worry about?”

“I’m not sure, but by what heard from you and after check her, I think she’s pregnant. Maybe in 11 or 12 weeks.”

“What!” Suho said in shock. “She’s preg…pregnant.”

“Yes. I’m not fully sure about it. Namjoo, why don’t you go and buy a box of pregnancy test.”

Namjoo smile and nod her head. Kyungsoo follow her and they went to the nearest pharmacy. Mr. Kim walks back to the hall to attend the remaining guest.

“Mom, did you heard that. She’s pregnant.” Suho said in his happy tone and tears start to appear. Mr. and Mrs. Kim smile and nod.

“Don’t hope so much. I’m just scared that it’s not right. Let’s just wait until Namjoo bring the pregnancy test.”

Suho just nod. Haneul who is still in Suho’s arm ask “Daddy what is prwgnant.”

“It’s pregnant. It’s mean there is a baby in your mommy tummy.”

“Baby in mummy tummy? Why is there a baby in mommy tummy? Did mommy eat the baby?”

Every on chuckle. Then Suho said “No. Mommy didn’t eat the baby. How to I explain this? Mom help.”

Mrs. Kim smile and said “Come here Haneul, grandmom will tell you how okay? Look mommy is carrying a baby in her stomach just like she use to carry you. Your mommy didn’t eat the baby. God wanted to give your mommy and daddy a present for being good parents to you. Just like how you always get treats and present from mommy and daddy because you being a good boy isn’t it. Just like that. Right now, there's a baby growing in your mommy's tummy. You are going to have a little sister or brother soon. So that you will have a friends to play with at home. Do you understand?”

Haneul smile and bob his head up and down cutely. “Can I talk to the baby?”

“Of course you can but not now okay? Your mommy is sleeping, so the baby is sleeping to. But don’t get mad when you talk to the baby, he or she won’t answer you back because the baby is still in your mommy tummy. Okay?”

Haneul smile and nod his head again.

Then Namjoo walk in the room with Kyungsoo and give her aunty the pregnancy test.

Then Suho try to wake Chorong up slowly. “Hey sweetheart. Wake up.”

Chorong open her eyes slowly and look around.

“How are you feeling?”

“Better.” Chorong answer with her sore voice.

Suho pour a glass of water and help Chorong drink. Once she feels okay. She asks “Why is everyone here? The party is still going isn’t it?”

“All the guest already went back home. Don’t worry Chorong.” Mr. Kim who just steps in the room said.

Chorong just nod her head and apologize “I’m sorry mom, dad, Namjoo. I’ve ruin your party.”

“Don’t be. Did you know you almost give all of us heart attack? And you’re apologizing for ruin the party.” Mrs. Kim said.

“But still.” Chorong said.

“Forget about it sweetheart. Now can you do me a flavor? Here take this box and try it.”

Chorong take the box and frown. “Why are you giving the pregnancy box for?”

“Just go and test it first baby, please. You’ll know the answer yourself later.”

Chorong just nod her head and walk to the bathroom. Once she was done, she walk out and the entire wait for at least 5 minutes for the test. Chorong sit on the bed beside Suho and Suho hold her hand.

Right after 5 minutes, Namjoo walk in the bathroom. Once she saw the test result, she run out the room and show the test and half shout “Unnie, you pregnant. All three of them show positive. Congratulation!” And hug Chorong tightly.

Suho take the test and smile. “Mom, dad, I’m going to be daddy again.”

Mr. Kim come and hug Suho and congrats him. Everyone in the room start to congrats both of them.

After saying their congrats, all of them walk out from the room to let Chorong rest. Once everyone left, Suho look at Chorong and hug her tightly.

“Thank you, sweetheart. Thank you so much. You don’t know how happy I am.”

Chorong just smile. They pull away from the hug and cupped Chorong face. “I love you so much Kim Chorong.” Suho said looking at Chorong with so much adoration.

“I love you too Kim Jun Myeon.” Chorong said. The tears she was holding fall at last. She’s happy. Suho wipe her tears and kiss her deeply and full with love.

Everything is perfect now. Her mother-in-law loves her, she has a small family of her own and another one is coming. Looking at how happy is Suho just made her day. She uses to have a rough life and now everything is just perfect and lovely. The rough past was worth it.