CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT

LOVE REQUIRES SACRIFICE

It’s been a month and every single day Suho will come to Mr. Lee office. The taught about discussing about the contract was just an excuses. The real reasons are he wanted to see Chorong and he knows that Chorong feel uncomfortable and he likes it because he know that Chorong is suffering. When he was in a discussion with Changsub, it was a lunchtime.

“Dude, it’s lunch time? Do you want to stay or you want to go and grab a launch.”

“Like usual. I’ll go with you.”

Changsub frown but he nod. Then both of them walk out. Changsub saw Irene and Chorong was so busy doing their work while talking until they didn’t realize that he and Suho was in front of them.

“Ehem!” Changsub

Both Irene and Chorong startle and look in front of them. When they saw Changsub and Suho both of them just smile. Chorong wasn’t even looking at Suho and Suho know why.

“It’s lunch time and both of you are still doing your works.”

“It’s lunch time.”  Irene said. She looks at her phone and grinned. “We didn’t realize that. Chorong ah let’s go. I’m hungry.”

“Where do you want to eat today?” Chorong ask.

“Maybe just at the cafeteria.” Irene said.

“Why don’t you guys join us? It’s been a week now I didn’t have my lunch with both of you.”

“Really. Okay then. Let’s go Chorong.”

When Chorong heard that, she didn’t like it. Having lunch with Changsub means having lunch with Suho to. So She said “No. It’s okay. You guys go. I’m not hungry. I had my breakfast late today.”

“Don’t lie Chorong. You didn’t have any breakfast and I got to know that you haven’t been eating for dinner this past 1 week. Come on your coming.” Changsub said.

“Changsub ah, please.”

“No. You are coming. Now take your bag and let’s go. Or not I’m gonna annoy you.”

“Fine.” Chorong said. She takes her bag and stand up. Changsub smile and then they went for their lunch.

At the cafe that they have their lunch, Changsub was sitting beside Suho and in front of Irene while Suho sit in front of Chorong. She wasn’t comfortable. Then a boy come to take the order.

“What would like you guys to order?” The waiter said.

Everyone look at him. Chorong smile and said “Oh, Leo shi.”

“Chorong, Irene. Is nice to see both of you here after almost 1 week.” Leo looks at Chorong and smile.

“You’re taking the order? Aren’t you supposed to be the barista?” Irene ask.

“Yup. But since no one is going to order any coffee for lunch and we have not much stuff so I need to do the taking order job to.”

Chorong chuckle and show her thumb. Suho saw how Chorong was talking to Leo, he felt jealous. He didn’t like the fact that Chorong is talking to other guy so close like how she’s talking to Chorong.

“So what do guys want to order?” Leo asks.

Everyone order their food. Then Leo went away. Then Changusb ask “So how do you know him? Both of you look kind a close with him.” Well the truth is, his jealous because Irene and Leo look so close.

“Well we buy yours and Mr. Lee coffee from here. So basically we meet almost everyday.” Chorong said.

Changsub just nod. Then he said, “Is he the one who shot a pick up line and try to seduce Chorong everyday?”

“Yes his the one.” Irene answers immediately.

Chorong who was drinking her water choke herself. “Yah Irene.” Then she glares at Suho and saw Suho’s angry face but she let it be.

Then she continue, “It’s not a pick up line and he wasn’t trying to seduce me. He was being polite.”

“Of course. Being polite. Asking for at least a date or having dinner together is being polite. I didn’t know that Chorong.” Irene said joking.

“Really? He asks you for a date. What did you say? Does you know you’re married, Chorong?” Changsub ask.

“Of course I decline it. You know I am not interested in this kind of thing. Can we change the topic about me? It is uncomfortable.” Chorong said. She was uncomfortable since Suho is here infornt of her looking like his going to ripped her of with his angry eyes.

Suho who hear that was so damn mad. He was looking at Chorong with angry eyes. Then someone call Chorong. She takes out her phone and saw Haneul’s teacher name. She looks at Suho and the other and asks permission to answer the call.

“I have to pick this up. It’s urgent. I’ll be back.” Chorong said.

The other just nods their head. Suho was curious who was calling Chorong until she needs to answer it outside the cafe. He just looks at Chorong walk away from them.

At the outside, Chorong was talking on the phone and then she smile. Suho was so damn curious who could it be.

Is it his new boyfriend? Who is that? It can be about work. It is lunchtime. It is like she talking to someone so special for her. She uses to talk to me like that. God! The curiosity is killing me. Suho said in his heart. Changsub saw Suho’s face and where he is looking at.

“Dude. Are you okay? Why are you looking at Chorong like that? I know she’s beautiful but dude sorry she’s married.”

Suho chuckle and said, “I wasn’t looking at her. I was looking at something else. What are you talking about?”

“Okay then. It’s up to you then.”

Of course she is. She’s my wife. Or did she find someone who can replace my place? Just thinking about that make me so damn mad. How could you Chorong? But that can’t happen since she’s still my wife. I never divorce her. Suho said in his heart.

Then Chorong come back and then they start to eat the food. After the lunch, Chorong was about to pay for his food but was stop by Suho.

“It’s okay. It’s on me.”

Chorong shook her head and said, “No it’s okay. I can pay by my own. Anyway, I order a coffee for me. So it’s fine.”

“Let me pay for it.” Suho insist.

“I say it’s fine. So please. Just let me pay for my food. You can pay for the others.”

“Why are you being so stubborn? I know who must have another rich person there to sow money on you. But let me pay for it. You like it anyways do not you. People paying for you.” Suho said.

Chorong was shock with what Suho said. She was about to cry but she hold it. Changsub and Irene saw the tense between Suho and Chorong so he immediately cut both of them off “Okay. Let me just pay the food them. It’s just about paying the damn food. You people do not need to fight about that. In addition, Suho what did you say? You were being rude and mean. That is not how you talk to a girl and you never talk to a girl like that.

“I never talk like that but she deserves it. Anyway there is a reason why I start to talk to a girl like that.” Suho said but looking at Chorong.

Chorong ignore Suho’s glare and smile at Changsub and Irene and said, “I’ll be waiting at the car Changsub, Irene.” Chorong look at them. The truth is she was about to cry. When she was about to go out from the cafe, Leo stop her and said “Hey Chorong, your coffee.”

Leo saw Chorong eyes was watery and said “Are you okay? Why are you crying?”

Chorong smile and said “I’m fine. Thank you for the coffee. I’ll get going.” Chorong bow and walk out the cafe.

Changsub look at Suho and he was mad. “What the hell, Suho? Why do you need to say that to her? What did she really do to you until you talk to her like that?”

Just then, Irene got a text from Chorong.

CHORONG TO IRENE

Hey, I took the bus. I need to settle something first before going to office. It’s urgent. Mr. Lee told me to settle something so just go without me.

“Who is that Irene?” Changsub ask.

“It’s Chorong. She said she took the bus. She needs to settle something that Mr. Lee told her to.”

Changsub know that Chorong was lying. He look at Suho and said sarcastically “Good job Kim Jun Myoen. I’m proud of you.”

Suho just huff and walk away.

Was I so harsh to her? However, I was right. She left me. Let me suffer while she’s here having fun and even found my replacement. She’s happy and I can’t let that happen. Mom was right she was just after money. So whatever I said earlier was right. Nevertheless, why did I felt guilty? I saw her eyes were hurt with what I say. God, I need to throw the guilty feel away. Suho taught.

“Shall we go now?” Changsub said angrily. He was so angry at what his cousin just says to his best friend.

Suho just nod his head and walk out the cafe. Just in the car, Irene got another text from Chorong.

CHORONG TO IRENE

Babe sorry. I’m not going back to the office. I suddenly go at bad headache. I’ve ask Mr. Lee permission already. Say thank you to Changsub for the lunch.

Irene sigh. Then she got another text from Chorong. A picture of a conversation of her and Mr. Lee. Then she said to Changsub “Chorong said thank you for the lunch and she won’t be back coming back to the office. She suddenly had an headache.”

Changsub just out a heavy sigh. He knows whatever Suho said really affect her. He just let it be.

On the other side of story, Chorong was crying aloud. She cannot be in the same car with Suho. It will kill her. Whatever Suho say really affect her. Why am I crying? I want that thought from him that I’m just after his money so he will hate me. But why those it hurt so much? Why can’t my heart cannot take it? Chorong taught. She ran away and sits at the bas stop. She text Irene and lie that she has something to settle.

She took the bus and went to the place where she need the most right now. The place where she always go to make her mind in peace.

When she arrive that place, she walk up and stop infornt of three grave. Her mom, dad and sister.

“Hello guys. How are you? I miss you a lot. Sorry I could not come often since I’m busy with my work and Haneul. That boy always annoys me asking when I’ll take him to meet you guys again.”

Chorong sit and lean her back at her father grave and start to tears up.

“Omma, appa. His back. His back in my life. For 4 years, I try to run away from him and try to forget about him, and now his back and he hates me so much. What should I do? I cannot leave like this. Now Mr. Lee is having a deal with him, I need to meet him almost everyday, and it’s torturing me. Guys help me. Tell me what I should do. I really need your help now. Unnie I wish you were here and give me strength. I need it. For Haneul. You guys will help me isn’t it?”

Chorong stay here long enough that with even she realize she felt a sleep. The ring from her phone wakes her up. She takes out the phone and answers it.

“Hello. Yes, I’ll be there. Sorry. I fall asleep here.” then she hang up.

She stands up, say bye to her parents and then walk to the nearest bas stop.

Then she went straight to home after picking Haneul up.