CHAPTER FOURTEEN

LOVE REQUIRES SACRIFICE

Suho wake up, stretch his body and open his eyes and was greet with Chorong’s sleeping and beautiful face. He smile, his knuckle lightly her cheek and kiss her forehead.

“At last your mine and I can wake up with this view everyday.” Suho talk to himself. Then he pull Chorong in him arm closer and hug her tightly. “I love you so much Chorong.”

Chorong wake up and met with Suho’s bare chest. She smile and start to blush when she remember their passionate lovemaking last night. She tightens her hugs like that were their last day together and said “I love you Suho.” When Chorong said that, he knows that Chorong was awake and broke the hugs.

Chorong smile and said “Good Morning handsome.”

Suho smile and peck her lips and said “Good morning beautiful. In fact it’s a great morning.” Then pull her back in his arm and embrace her.

“What’s your plan for today honey?” Chorong ask.

“I don’t know yet. We’ll think about if later.”

“Then can we have a swim at the beach. I wanted do it since yesterday it was a bit chill so I was planning it to do today. Can I?”

“Sure you can. Let’s go to the beach after our breakfast.”

“Thank you. Now can we go and have breakfast. I’m starving.”

“Really. Did last night activity make you hungry?"

Chorong was already blushing when Suho said that. She was so embarrass and hit Suho’s chest and push him away from the hugs.

“Your blushing sugar.”

“No I’m not. Not let me go. I need to go and take a shower.”

“How sore are you baby?"

"Not so sore. Why?"

"Wait here, I prepare a bath for you."

"It's fine. I still can walk and shower by myself."

"I know. but you need to soak in bathtub first. Wait here and I'll prepare it for you."

He kiss Chorong forehead, Stand up and where his short and walk to the bathroom to prepare bath for Chorong.

When he was done, he walk near Chorong ad was about to pick her up but CHorong stop him.

"What are you thinking your doing?"

"Picking my wife to the bathroom. Why?"

"I still can walk. I'll walk to the toilet. Alone."

"Okay then. Up to you." Suho said and fold his arm on his chest.

Chorong was about to stand up by removing the duvet on her, then she remember that she’s not wearing any clothes. She looks at Suho and saw him looking at her, with a smirking on his face. Chorong got annoyed and said “You ert.”

Then she pulls the coverlet and wrap around her under the duvet and ran to the toilet. She can hear Suho was laughing at her.

After both of them got ready, and went down eating breakfast. When Chorong saw the breakfast was ready, she was shock and looks at Suho and asks “Who make this all?”

“The house taker. She lives just a few meters from here and prepares the food when we come here. If you realize, before we come here yesterday, there were a few house. She and her family leave there and take care of this house when we are not around.”

“Really? I taught it was an empty house.”

“No it’s not. People here are very friendly. Now let’s eat, since you say that you’re hungry.”

The sit and start to eat. Then Chorong said “Can we go and walk and meet this lady in the evening. It’s must be nice to meet her and the people in the village.”

“Sure. As you wish. They will be so shock if they saw us go there.”

“Really? Why?”

“Well we barely go there? Usually if I come, I’ll go but not always. I’ll go if dad and Namjoo are with me. They are like my second family. I use to play with them when I was little.”

Chorong just nod her head. Then she asks “What about your mom? Doesn’t she visit them?”

“Mom! Never. She doesn’t like it. I don't know why she always have a problem with poor family or people."

Chorong just nod her head "Maybe she have her own reasons. Who know." . After the breakfast, the slightly change the plan and went to visit the village first. Chorong was so eager to go. They went there by walking since is not that far away? When they arrive, the kids who was playing outside was looking at them. Chorong smile at them and greet them in English. “Hello there. How are you?”

The kids giggle and smile at her. They all say hi simultaneously. Then an old lady in her mid 50 came and greets her.

“Hello miss. You look new here.” The lady said with her smile.

Before Chorong was about to say something, Suho came and place her one arm behind Chorong and said “Hello Mrs. Davis. This is my wife, Kim Chorong.”

Chorong bow 30 degree and say “Hello.”

Mrs. Davis smile and apologize. “Sorry I didn’t recognize you Mrs. Kim.”

“It’s okay. I understand since I’m new here. Anyhow we arrive late at night and wake up late so we didn’t able to meet.”

Mrs. Davis smile at Chorong and said “Come let’s go to my house. It’s a bit small. I hope you don’t mind.”

“Of course I don’t mind Mrs. Davis.”

Mrs. Davis then escorts them to her house. When they arrive at the house, Chorong was fascinated with the beauty of the house. I was not that small and it was so beautiful and comfortable.

“You have a beautiful house Mrs. Davis. I always dream to have a beautiful house like you.”

“Thank you Mrs. Kim. I appreciate that.”

“Please, call me Chorong. Don’t be so formal with me.”

Mrs. Davis just nods her head and tells them to sit. “Would you like to have something to drink? A coffee, tea or juice.”

“Your lemon tea will be good Mrs. Davis. I miss your lemon tea.” Suho said.

Mrs. Davis nod and said “How about you Mrs. Kim?”

Chorong smile and said “I told you to call me Chorong Mrs. Davis.”

Mrs. Davis laughs and said “Sorry Chorong.”

“It’s okay. I’ll have what Suho is having.”

“Okay then. Two hot leman tea coming right up.” And walk to the kitchen.

Chorong was looking around the house. Then the rack full with picture frame caught Chorong’s attention. She stands up and walks to look at the picture. She was smiling at some picture and also adoring at some. Then one picture caught the attention most and it was Mrs. Davis and her husband picture together. By looking at the picture, it was taken just a few months ago.

Suho saw Chorong’s smile and walk to her and said “What are smiling at sweetheart?”

Chorong look at him and move back to look at the frame and said “Nothing. It’s just that Mrs. Davis and her husband look so sweet together. They are 50 I think but still so romantic.”

Suho smile and back hug her and said “Well be like them to. Don’t worry.”

Chorong wasn’t comfortable with their position and said “Suho let me go. We are at someone house. So please behave.”

“What! Mrs. Davis knows that we are married and she wouldn’t care.”

“Suho please behave.” And push away Suho’s hand from her waist.

“Okay.”

Just then, Mrs. Davis came from the kitchen with three cup of lemon tea. Chorong walk back to the couch and take a sit beside Suho. Mrs. Davis takes her sit on the peach chair.

“So Mrs. Davis, how long have you been saying here in this island?”

“Well long enough. I think 28 years.”

“That’s long enough.”

“Yes. We move here right after we got married.” Then take a sip of her leman tea. Then she asks “So Chorong, how do you like it here?”

“Yes I do. The view of the beach is so nice especially at night. It’s so peace, calm and cozy here.”

“Where’s Mr. Davis?” Suho ask.

Mrs. Davis chuckle and said “Well its Saturday so he will be out to the town and have a talk with his friends. He’ll be back in few minutes.”

Suho and Chorong nod their head. Just then, Mr. Davis walks in and said “Honey, I’m home. Can I have your delicious coffee?”

“Talking about the master and his here.” Mrs. Davis said that make all of them chuckle. Then Mrs. Davis stands up and said “Hey honey, look who’s here?”

Mr. Davis walks in the living room and saw Suho and Chorong. Suho and Chorong stand up and greet him.

“Hi son. How are you?”

“Hi Mr. Davis, I’m fine. How about you?”

“Healthy as always.” Then he moves his face to look at Chorong and ask “And who is this beautiful lady here.” He takes Chorong hand and kiss on her knuckle.

“This is my wife Mr. Davis. Kim Chorong. I told you didn’t I? If I get marry I will introduce my wife to you and Mrs. Davis.”

“Kim Chorong. What a beautiful name. Just like the person.”

Mr. David words make Chorong blush and chuckle. “Thank you Mr. Davis.” Chorong said.

“Come let’s sit. Why are we standing when there is a chair for us to sit?” All of them sit down and Mrs. Davis went to the kitchen to make coffee for her husband.

“So how long will you be here, Suho?”

“Not sure yet. Maybe for three or four days.”

Mr. Davis nod his head. Then Mrs. Davis walk in give the coffee to her husband and said “Why don’t you guys have lunch here with us today?”

“I agree with my wife. Stay for lunch.”

“I don’t care if my wife is okay with it?” and look at Chorong.

Chorong smile and said “Of course. We love to.”

“Okay then. I might get cooking for lunch then.”

“May I help Mrs. Davis?”

Mrs. Davis smile and said “Sure if it’s okay with you.”

“Of course I don’t mind.” And both of them walk to the kitchen.

“You have such a sweet and beautiful wife there young man.” Mr. Davis said.

“Thank you Mr. Kim. She is isn’t it?”

“When I heard that you got married I really taught you get married with that lady that your mother bought last year.”

“Of course not Mr. Davis. You know how she always annoyed me.”

“So how did you meet her? Who’s who in her family? By looking at her, she must be brought up from a very descend family.”

“I meet her through my friend. She’s alone. Her family passed away.”

“Oh I’m sorry to hear that. You know son, to tell the truth, I didn’t like the girl that your mother bought last time. Your mother, is she happy with your marriage? Because in my view, your mother love that lady so much.”

“Well she is not now, but she will one day. I hope so.”

“I hope to son. I’ve known you since you were little and how your mother have a problem when you play with the kids here and with people like us. I just hope your wife won’t get effected. Is good that your little sister is just like you and your dad. Talking about them, how’s the bubbly girl and Mr. Kim?”

“Dad and Namjoo both are fine. They send their regards.”

Then they start talking. Same goes in the kitchen with the two ladies. Chorong and Mrs. Davis start to know each other in the kitchen.

After the lunch, they say their goodbyes and walk back to their house.

“What a sweet girl, isn’t she honey?” Mrs. Davis said.

Mr. Davis smile at his wife and say “Yes she is. I just hope she’ll be fine in that family.”

“I hope that to.”

And went inside their house.