You little jerk

Stranger

“Where exactly is Taeyeon? With Yuri or with Jessica?” Tiffany asked.

“I’m right here” the man answered.

“Would you like some coffee, sir?”

“No. Could you please leave us alone for a while Ms. Hana?”

“I’ll go see if the little one is up”

“If she is, play with her in her room” the man ordered. The housekeeper then made her way upstairs.

“I knew you were somebody else. Interest in Bar elections, chicken, playing with Prince. Jessica told me. Since you were in the hospital, I expected you to change your preferences and your thoughts. But I never expected the beautiful to become prettier. Seriously, I miss you” Taeyeon said as he held Tiffany’s shoulders. She slipped away.

“M.Me too.”

“Maybe I was childish when you first came over. I wanted a kiss and a proper hug. It wasn’t the time. But now, it is” he opened his arms, but Tiffany moved backwards.

“What do you mean?”

“If I knew there would be a day, where you’d be even prettier, I would’ve never introduced you to my sister. I would’ve kept you for myself”

“Thank you for your nice words. You have a really nice family. God bless them”

“Chuckle, what?”

“What do you mean what? Your wife and your daughter; they’re really cute. Take care of them well”

“When did you learn to talk that way?”

“I miss the view outside.” Tiffany tried to run.

“You never were interested in the view outside. You used to sleep all day long”

“I’ve slept a lot the past few months”

“Don’t change the subject, Tiffany”

“What subject?”

“You and I”

“You and I? What is there between us?”

“Our little secret, in which you ended up being the liar. And you made me say it, so that I, as well, turned out to be a liar”

“What are you talking about?”

----

“What’s my schedule for the week?” Jessica asked sitting on her desk.

“First you have a visit to the local retirement home. The case is still not closed.”

“Tomorrow?”

“No the day after that. Then you have a meeting with a few of your rivals on the same day but in the afternoon. And lastly, we’ll have to go meet the current president of the association. He said he wanted to have a word with you. That’s going to be in three days”

“Alright…”

“Something wrong Jessica? You’ve been looking at your watch a lot”

“No, no. It’s nothing. What about the press conference?”

“It’s been canceled. But talking about press, they’ve been more and more interested in Tiffany, especially after what happened at the hospital”

“You’re telling me…since when was she so interested in my image?”

“Since when was she interested in all of you? She changed. She’s back as another person. The important is that the image help us in the elections. The image of the perfect, little family” Jessica’s phone then rang.

“Hello?.....Yes……..Is he someone I know?.......alright……ok, thanks” she then ended the call after jotting down something on a piece of paper.

“What’s wrong?”

“It’s nothing, let’s continue”

----

“Please, I don’t want to talk about this anymore” Stephanie tried.

“Tiffany, if you don’t tell me why you lied to me, I won’t stop asking”

“I was joking”

“Impossible. You told me you were pregnant and that you didn’t want Jessica to know”

“Then why did you tell her?”

“You were between life and death. It was possible that any doctor would notice, or any wrong move to make you lose the baby. But there wasn’t a baby either ways. You were just lying to me”

“What does it have to do with you if I lost the baby or not?”

“You matter to me. You are more important than anything else in this world. Tiffany, whatever you’re playing with your wife, do it when you are with her. But don’t do it in front of me. I’m Taeyeon the-”

“Taeyeon what?”

“Sunny…”

“Didn’t he tell you Taeyeon what? Taeyeon the womanizer, the superficial, the one following his dad’s words like a child”

“I was only telling her she looked nice after the operation”

“Don’t worry, I only heard you screaming your own name. It’s a shame, I didn’t hear before that”

“Exactly. You should tell your wife what you were saying” Tiffany sided with Sunny.

“I’ll hear it from you, sis”

“I’ll tell you later, when we are alone” the redhead said as she saw Taeyeon exiting the kitchen.

“Now we are alone. Speak”

“He was saying-”

“Don’t lie”

“I didn’t have time to say anything to lie!”

“You were going to lie. Whatever you say, I won’t believe you. I never believed you. You know why? Cause you’re an expert at lying. You’re an expert with that body that wants and never gets enough.”

“Sunny, I-”

“You’re dirty, you’re dirty! You’re dirty!” Sunny slumped on a chair.

“Sunny listen to m-”

“Don’t touch me! I hate you! Go away!” Sunny tried to get out of the kitchen when she got held by Tony.

“I thought I told Julia that I didn’t want any problems with you two!”

“D.Dad, please, it’s ok. Let her go” Tony let go instantly when he heard the words coming from Tiffany.

“Oh, so now you follow her wishes? You even got the father begging for your commands! Hahahaha!” Sunny went back inside, struggling to stay on her feet.

“Taeyeon! I thought I told you to keep your wife under control!!” Tony yelled, hopeful that his son heard him.

“Why are you guys yelling?” Julia joined in the kitchen.

Later, as Jessica came back from her work exhausted, she headed to her daughter’s room wishing to see the little bundle of happiness. What she didn’t expect to see though, was Tiffany singing her lullabies for her to fall asleep.

“Again mommy” the little girl said sleepily. The young woman could only comply, finding the kid extremely cute. Jessica came in discretely and looked at the scene not believing what was happening.

“Seo is tired, mommy” Tiffany chuckled and kissed the four year old. She then looked in the direction in which the toddler was looking and understood.

“Come, Umma, and wish Seobaby a goodnight” Jessica came in timidly and slumped over the little one.

“Goodnight sweetie”

Goodnight

“Tiffany, -”

“Shh. Not now. Either stay here quietly or go away until she falls asleep.” Tiffany continued playing with her daughter’s hair as she sang once more. Jessica found herself walking towards the couch and sitting on it looking at the scene once more. When the little girl fell asleep, the young woman got up and lifted her in her arms.

‘This…is Tiffany? Tiffany is singing to Seohyun for her to fall asleep?’ Jessica thought as she got rid of her blazer.

“Good evening. I hope you’re not too tired. She wouldn’t sleep alone. I brought her here and sang her a little. I just got her back into her room”

“Why are you doing this?”

“Because it’s not healthy for her to sleep in our bed-”

“Why are you doing this? Why are you acting this way? What do you want!?”

“Even if I’m singing her to sleep, you’re going to investigate? I should be the one doing so”

“Doing what? Investigating?”

“Until now in the office?” Tiffany asked with a hint of jealousy in her voice.

“When I was in the hospital, it was ok. But now, at least call and ask if we need anything” she continued.

“You have your car.”

“I have my wife as well”

“Mph” Jessica chuckles lightly.

“Laugh all you want. My job is to tell you” Tiffany said as she sat on the couch.

“About what? About the last call?”

“Which last call?”

“Who’s Choi Siwon?” Jessica asked as she sat down in front of her wife.

“…”

“Who’s. Choi. Siwon?” she asked once more through gritted teeth.

“I.I don’t know!” Tiffany said getting up.

“I see lying to my face is still as easy as ever. Did you forget modern technology Tiffany? Who is Choi Siwon? Why was he the last person you talked to on your phone before the accident?” Jessica asked while standing behind her wife.

“You should know that I can hear every phone call, anytime. Even if the phone itself is dead now. The duration of the call was 85 seconds. And you were on the plane. Wow…is he the one that misses having you in his arms?”

“…pff…hihihi” Tiffany giggled lightly.

“You’re chuckling?”

“So you’re telling me that there’s no jealousy for the letter, but there is for Choi Siwon?” Tiffany said teasingly.

“WHO IS HE?!” Tiffany got startled.

“C.Calm down Jessi, baby” The redhead tried when Jessica pushed her hands away.

“Don’t ever call me that.” The blonde said threatening.

“Believe me. I’m not trying to fool you. The last phone call, I didn’t do it. The last call was made by a miss sitting next to me on the plane. And her name was… Stephanie Hwang” Jessica was surprised hearing the name.

“Does this name mean anything?” Tiffany asked.

“The journalist that died in the plane?”

“Maybe she is… maybe she died-” Jessica only nodded her head.

“Yes she died”

“May she rest in peace. She was the one that called. And I did hear Mr. Siwon. But Choi, Wae, Lay… I have no idea. She was the one that borrowed my phone. You can ask Seohyun. I’m very happy, baby” Tiffany said sitting on the bed.

“Why?” Jessica asked with an eyebrow raised.

“Getting jealous means you still love me”

“No”

“I’m not going to argue with you. But your anger has one reason. The last phone call wasn’t Tiffany who dialed it. It was the first that she had between her and her wife”

“Liar” Tiffany got up and joined Jessica on the arm rest.

“Maybe I was. But I’m not anymore. Let’s sleep. Time will prove my words. Don’t you want to change your clothes?” the redhead said as she lifted Jessica’s face with her hand to meet her eyes.

“I’ll be in the living room. When you fall asleep, I’ll be back.” The blonde ran away.

“Whatever makes you happy” Tiffany finished closing the door behind her wife with a growing childish grin on her face. She felt happy; this was the first time Jessica showed proper, clear, cute emotions towards her.

---

“Bastard” Sunny said under her breath as Taeyeon took the glass away from her hand.

“Can I understand why you, as usual, made me look so ‘great’?” the little dude asked.

“You want me to die, don’t you? You want me out of the picture so that you can you can fool around as usual! With her!”

“Look Sun, if you want to die, go ahead. Just stop blaming others for once!”

“No honey. I won’t die. Somebody else will.”

“Look Sunny. Listen to me well. YoonA is already nineteen. That means it’s been twenty years since you came crying to me, begging me to marry you. Even for just a week, you were ready to marry me just so that your traditional parents wouldn’t disown you after finding out you were pregnant. I married you for 1040 weeks. Twenty years of my life. I don’t think that yells ‘Bastard’ to me, don’t you think?”

“You married me cause you loved me”

“Yeah right”

“You married me cause I loved you. I was the only one that saw the man in you. Even your own family didn’t even care enough to make you go for presidency. Don’t try to say otherwise. You follow your dad’s words like a little girl. You follow Jessica like she’s years older, although it’s the other way around! And now, it’s been four years, you’ve been running around after your sister in law! From the living room, to the kitchen to the dining room. Running after her as if you’re Prince! But for your information, Tiffany hates Prince. She’s disgusted by him. She could care less about him. And he gets away from her. You want to be Prince? Go ahead and be just like him, Taeyeon! … Forget about her. Get away from her. I beg of you to forget her!” Sunny finished of bursting into tears. Little did they know that YoonA was behind the wall, listening to their conversation.

---

Jessica gets into the room. She finds Tiffany lying down in bed already. She gets closer with a stoic face. She reaches for a pillow and run to the couch.

“What are you doing?” Tiffany asked as she opened her eyes.

“I want to sleep.”

“On the couch? I get for a nap, but even now?”

“You know what? Tomorrow morning I’m calling Doctor Kwon. You might be having some memory loss. I’ve been sleeping on this couch for the past two years. The bed is all yours, Miss Tiffany”

“Consider me a new woman. With some bad memory. Get back here and sleep on the bed”

“No way” Jessica finished by slumping on the couch.

“Good night” Tiffany tried. The blonde only ignored her and turned away. The redhead buried her face under the blanket frustrated.