I think I miss you

Stranger

“Jessica” Taeyeon called. The blonde came inside form her room’s terrace.

“What is it?”

“Are you ok with it?”

“With what?”

“With Sunny and Tiffany coming along tonight”

“What’s wrong with that? She’s my wife on paper and in front of the people”

“Don’t you think she’s meddling too much with your work?” At that moment, Tiffany came in.

“On the contrary, I don’t meddle. I’m just making points. I’ll stay beside Jessi to help her with her image. A twenty eight year old excellent president. Right, baby?” with that, Taeyeon left their room.

“Do you have any problem with what I said Jessi?”

“No” the blonde answered coldly.

“Thanks baby. I’ll go take a shower and then I’ll be in Sun’s room to help her pick an outfit and get our hair done”

“You?”

“What?”

“You’re going to help Sunny pick an outfit and fix her hair?”

“Of course. Who else would do it? And during that time, chose the dress you want me to wear tonight” Tiffany suggested, strutting to the bathroom, leaving a confused Jessica in the middle of the room. A few seconds later, Jessica heard the door of the bathroom opening again. Tiffany ran and kissed her cheek. The redhead then came back in, leaving Jessica with a flushed face.

---

“How are you Sun? It’s been long since we last gone out together” Tiffany said entering Sunny’s room.

“We never went out together”

“Right… not important. How would you like it to be? Like this?..........Or like this?” Tiffany asked suggesting hairstyles. Sunny stepped back from the redhead.

“Why are you doing this to me?” Sunny asked.

“I want to see you pretty. I want to see you back to being pretty”

“You want to make a fool out of me?”

“I want to make a fool out of every single person that tries to bother you”

“Liar”

“Try me” Tiffany challenged with a cute grin. Sunny looked at her skeptical. She sat on her bed.

“You know that your eyes are literally made for make up? What color do you use usually?”

“I don’t use anything”

“Alright, then dress up so I can show them the real Sun” tiffany said as she strutted back to her room.

---

“What’s happening in this house?” Tony asked.

“What you asked for. But without me meddling in” Julia replied with a small smile.

---

“Hana-ssi!!”

“Yes Miss Yoong?”

“Why is mom’s door closed?”

“Did you try knocking?”

“No, but the door is closed form the inside”

“…” Hana only shrugged her shoulders.

“Do you know why?”

“Tiffany is with her”

“What?! What if they did something to each other?”

“Tiffany will do something. But it’s something you’ve never seen before” the housekeeper answered with a cute giggle.

---

“Where are they?!” Yuri asked as she lost her patience. They’ve been waiting downstairs for hours.

“Sooyeon. You’re ready to give a speech tonight?” Tony asked.

“Sica, tonight you’ll be able to get some important votes. Especially her wife” Yuri said with a grin.

“Don’t let your wife ruin the night, Taeyeon” Tony said before Jessica dragged her brother away.

“Do you hate Tiffany, Taeng?” the blonde asked.

“Do you love her?”

“Does my answer matter?”

“So the bed is reuniting you two?”

“What about you and Sun?” Taeyeon chuckled bitterly.

“No”

“Let’s hope it will” at that moment, they heard strutting down the stairs. Tiffany came down looking more beautiful than ever. She was dragging behind her an uncomfortable looking lady. When they arrived downstairs, Tiffany talked.

“We’re ready!! I introduce to you the eldest lady of the house” she finished as she snuck out from in front of Sunny. Everyone’s had their jaws to the floor. YoonA then ran to her mother.

“Mom?!” Sunny reached for her daughter’s head and ruffled her hair.

“From today onwards, she’ll stay this way” the redhead finished proud.

“Finally they act like real sisters” Hana whispered to Julia happily.

“God, what is going on?” the mistress of the house asked back.

“Mom, you’re really pretty!” YonnA continued.

“And it’s thanks to Tiffany” Jessica noted.

“You’ve been upstairs all this while for this?” the teen asked. Julia walked to them.

“Your mother is pretty. But she was not taking care of herself” Tiffany admitted with a frown.

“You girls look fantastic” the mistress said as she came closer to Sunny and hugged her. The petite woman tensed.

“What a wonderful perfume!” the woman noted again.

“It’s from Tiffany” Sunny admitted shyly. Julia hugged the redhead.

“Bravo. If you really mean it”

“I swear it’s for real” Tiffany said looking her mother in law in the eye. She then made her way to Yuri.

“Yul, you’re alone. Right?” she asked.

“Yes?”

“Alright then. Yoong. Go upstairs and wear a nice dress.”

“No Unnie. I don’t want to go. Besides, I don’t have a decent dress”

“You don’t have a decent dress? Didn’t you empty my credit card last week shopping for dresses?” Sunny asked as the others chuckled.

“We still have time, Yoong. We’ll wait” Yuri said.

“I’ll give you a cute necklace from my collection.” Tiffany eye-smiled. Little did she know that Jessica was looking at her, noticing for the first time the smile. She then snapped out of her daze as she noticed Sunny coming towards her and her brother. Jessica grinned mischievously, noticing Taeyeon was trying to look elsewhere.

“How do I look?”

“…”

“You look wonderful, Sun” Jessica answered for Taeyeon. Tiffany pulled Jessica’s arm.

“This is my work.” She said happily.

“…”

“I love you” Tiffany admitted looking at Jessica’s eyes. The blonde looked down, not knowing what to do with this confession. “There will be a day you’re going to say it back to me again” Tiffany said confidently, fixing Jessica’s tie.

“Tiffany-unnie!!!”

“Yes?” the redhead answered a little annoyed as her moment got interrupted.

“I don’t know which dress to choose” Tiffany rolled her eyes and went upstairs. Jessica tried her hardest not show the confusion once again written on her face. When they were done, Tiffany ran to Jessica and clung unto her arm. They made their way outside and got inside the cars.

“Not only are you good with picking wine… Your taste in dresses is impeccable”

“…there wasn’t a time when your body didn’t fit and look good with anything” Jessica admitted.

“Wow, this is the best compliment I’ve heard of you”

“And I’m sure of someone else too” the blonde said starting the car.

“There’s nobody else except you, baby” Jessica looked to the front and drove off with Yuri and Taeyeon trailing behind her.

                When they arrived, the restaurant was already full. People stood greeting them. Tiffany looked at the crowd amazed.

“They like you” she whispered to Jessica.

“Of course they do” the blonde answered sassily. Tiffany felt like hitting her shoulder for teasing, but she decided otherwise, since it’ll look bad right now. They took a seat on their table and started the chatter. Awhile later, someone invited Jessica to the podium.

“Alright. I’m going to be brief. The most annoying thing in a party, is when someone goes up a podium and start talking empty. The dancing ceases. The ice in the glasses melt. The food gets cold. But I’m here to make a point. I have achieved my name in the juridical world in a few years. There’s no doubt I’m still young and in some of your eyes, still unexperienced. I can’t argue against it. But if we, for once, try to see the biggest picture, I think I can confidently say that my spotless record can lead the association somewhere.” There was no doubt that her speech was a little conceited. Tiffany chuckled listening until the end of it. She noticed Jessica trying to not look at her. When she was about to finish, Tiffany walked to her and stopped her. The blonde looked at her confused.

“What is she doing?” Taeyeon asked Yuri. The latter could only shrug in confusion.

“Good evening. I’m her wife. I’ve changed a little, but I’m still her wife. Jessi doesn’t change. And will never change. I’m going to be frank with you. I’ve eavesdropped on her meetings sometimes about the presidency. ‘Laughter in the restaurant’ And I can assure you of one thing; Jessi is not here tonight to get on your good side. She sincerely cares about her job and what she could bring to the Association. All I’m trying to say is, people tried for a long time to make her back out of the project. They’ve tried changing her ideas and morals concerning the presidency. But she remained a rockhead. ‘More laughter’ She never backs down and I’m sure she’ll make you proud very soon.”

“Why don’t you run for president?” a man in the audience shot as the people chuckled.

“I’m flattered. But I’ve been a candidate and won in the best presidency yet; getting married to my wife was the best election I’ve been to” with that, Jessica looked at her in the eyes, but broke it soon, noticing they were still in front of everyone.

---

“Did Seohyun fall asleep?” Tony asked.

“She gave me a hard time. She wanted Tiffany”

“Julia, get me the envelope of your tests”

“Why?”

“I want to make sure everything is ok. I want to see it with my own eyes”

“But they’re old tests…”

“Shouldn’t you be doing new ones then?”

“I don’t feel anything unusual though. Good night.”

“Julia, get the envelope please” with a sigh, his wife went to get it.

“Why now? Whoever hears you think you’re a doctor or something” after checking the papers, the man went into the comforters embarrassed.

“So doctor?”

“I made sure”

“Did you even understand the papers?” Julia teased as the man turned away from her. She only giggled.

---

“So? Did you like my word?” Tiffany asked whispering. Jessica ignored her and waved at an old friend.

“Taeyeon” she called her brother in law.

“Hm?”

“Get up and dance with your wife”

“What?”

“You heard me”

“I don’t like dancing”

“But she likes to dance. Right Sun?” she then pulled the champagne from her hand and pulled her up. Jessica and Taeyeon felt obliged to follow. Once on the dance floor, Tiffany reached for Jessica’s neck. The blonde hesitantly put her hands on her wife’s waist.

“I didn’t know these people liked you this much”

“They especially will if there’s a gorgeous woman next to me.” Jessica answered.

“Really, baby? You think I’m gorgeous?”

“They think you are” the blonde answered pointing to the crowd.

“I want YOU to think of me that way!”

“This is the first time I see them this close” Jessica diverted the topic as she looked at Taeyeon and Sunny.

“I promise you. I’ll get them close again, even off the dance floor”

---

“Taengoo?”

“Hm?”

“I’m happy”

“Why is that?”

“Because this is the first time we dance together”

“You just need a drink to start dancing” Taeyeon noted bitterly.

“I don’t need a glass when you’re next to me”

“I’m at the same level as a drink now? I’m flattered.”

---

                At that moment, Tiffany rested her head in the crook of her wife’s neck. Tensing and feeling extremely uncomfortable, Jessica pushed her head off slightly.

“Stop with the weird act”

“I just want to feel you. Is that so wrong?” the redhead put her face back on her wife’s shoulder.

“Until when?”

“Until death do us apart. It was about to succeed eight months ago, but life was stronger” at that comment, Jessica lifted Tiffany’s head.

“Who are you?” Tiffany chuckled and once again, buried her face in her wife’s neck. Jessica couldn’t do anything, she was after all in front of all her supporters. A few minutes later, Taeyeon and Sunny came back to their table.

“Let’s go back” Jessica suggested.

“You’re bored of me?” Tiffany asked hurt. Jessica was lost in her eyes for a second before she spoke again.

“I’m just tired”

“Alright, I’ll pass by the rest rooms” when Jessica came back to the table, a waiter came and told her some people wanted to officially meet her.

“I’ll come with you” Yuri said. At that moment, Jessica noticed a man following Tiffany to the bathroom. She stopped in her track, a frown appearing on her face.

                Once Tiffany was inside, she noticed someone behind her. She turned around and noticed a man.

“I’m sorry, I think you’re mistaken. This is the ladies’ room, sir” she said.

“Of course it’ll be the ladies’ room, when a beautiful lady is in here”

“Who are you?”

“Come on! Three days become months? I miss you Tiffany. I’m the one that’s supposed to not recognise you” the man said as he tried to reach for her hand.

“Let me go, please.”

“Let you go? Tiffany what happened?” he tried holding her hand once more.

“Sir, I don’t know who you are! Please just let me go!” little did they know that at that moment, Jessica arrived behind the door. She was about to come in, when she heard something that caused her to halt her track.

“I have to see you” a deep voice said.

“Look, I just came back from a near death situation and I decided to change my whole life. And if I ever knew you before and if we ever had something going on, forget about it, please. I belong with my family. My wife and my daughter. Please just forget me!” Jessica had a small smile behind the door. When she heard steps she got a few steps away.

“Tiffany!”

“I told you to let me go!” the redhead was once again stopped in her track as she came out of the ladies’ room.

“It’s not this easy, Miss. How can you tell me to forget all we had!? How can you throw me away like this?!”

“He’s right. Why would you throw him away? I will! My wife told you to get your hands off of her!” Jessica reached for his arm and threw him back towards the wall.

“Now you’ve got enough courage to talk? Huh, Ms. President?!” that was the last of Jessica self-control. She lunched at him punching him straight in the jaw.

---

“Are you happy with what you’ve done?! Huh?!” Taeyeon yelled once outside.

“Taeyeon, get your wife and daughter out of here please!” Jessica raged still fired up.

“Our whole work is gone down the drain! She ruined everything!”

“Taeyeon!”

“Who was this man?” Yuri asked curious.

“Nobody’s business! LEAVE US ALONE!!” Yuri got scared and ran to her car with the others. Jessica led Tiffany to the car and opened the door for her. Once in the car, Jessica looked at Tiffany.

“Why are you crying?”

“…” Sniffs.

“Is he the one with the letter?”

“…”More sniffs.

“I heard you. I felt like I should believe you” Tiffany faced her wife shocked. Jessica only nodded with a small smile. Tiffany threw her hands around her wife and buried her face in her neck.

“I swear there’s nobody else in my heart except you…But I’m afraid” she face the blonde.

“What happened just ruined your candidacy. The people and the voters…”

“Don’t think about that” Jessica finally said as she hesitantly wrapped her hands around Tiffany’s waist. The latter jumped once again at her wife. At that moment, the blonde’s heart started doing somersaults once more, a feeling that has been missing for years. All along, they failed to notice the old looking man looking their way. Jessica drove away.

                Tiffany held her hand all along. She fell asleep in the car. Jessica was about to go back home, when she got an idea. She drove back in the opposite direction. About fifteen minutes later, they came to a stop. Tiffany opened her eyes slowly.

“What are we doing here?” she asked, noticing they were in the middle of nowhere.

“You forgot this place?” Jessica asked with a pained expression.

“I forgot a lot of things about my relationship with you. But I want you to remind me. I want you to never let go of my hand again”

“…Under this tree…You told me you loved me for the first time” Jessica said looking outside.

“Sigh…true”

“Then why did you forget?”

“I was just shy. I know that I don’t deserve to be here again. But here I am. And I love you. I’ll tell it a thousand times if I must”

“Really?” Jessica asked with the most innocent eyes. Tiffany chuckled at the cute act and held Jessica’s hand.

“What is your heart saying?”

“My heart is telling me…that you’ve changed. And tonight, I felt it even more. Your speech…reminded me of the first time you came into my office. Your sense of humor, your sweetness, your beauty… I got married to you against my mother’s wishes. You remember?”

“But Taeyeon was excited”

“Chuckle…he was the one that brought you to my office.” Tiffany’s face turned sour as she remembered Taeyeon’s words when she was alone with him in the kitchen, a few weeks ago.

“Taeyeon…he cared about my happiness”

“And your dad? Was he against it too?”

“Would you believe me if I told you I didn’t know? I never asked him.”

“Your dad likes me”

“As long as I love you, he will too. And if Taeyeon loves Sunny, he will too. This was how he raised us… what you started, continue it Tiffany. Just like how you were able to make Sunny and Taeyeon get along today, get them back together for the rest of their lives.”

“I promise. And I promise I’ll make you believe in me again.”

“I miss you” Jessica then leaned in confusing Tiffany.