Stop lying to yourself

Stranger

“I miss you” Jessica then leaned in confusing Tiffany. The latter didn’t understand what the former wanted to do until she was met by the softest lips she ever kissed. Without her command, Tiffany’s eyes shut on their own. Her hands made their way to her wife’s neck as the latter’s found her small waist. What started off as a sweet kiss, soon turned hot and passionate. Jessica swiped her tongue over Tiffany’s bottom lip. The other almost immediately gave her access and they battled for dominance. Jessica soon pushed Tiffany onto her back. The redhead pulled away as soon as she felt something wet on her neck.

“W.what are you doing?” Tiffany asked flushed.

“I said I miss you” Jessica said lowly.

“Here? In the car?”

“Under the tree that heard your confession for the first time ever.” The blonde was about to lean in again, when Tiffany stopped her.

“No Jessi.” She then came out of the car. She suddenly felt wrong kissing the blonde, although she have been wanting to do so for months. Jessica came down and followed Tiffany.

“No Jessi?”

“Look at the sky” Jessica glanced up.

“Keep looking at the sky!” Tiffany ordered. With a sigh, Jessica craned her neck up.

“Repeat after me… You are the Tiffany that I will start loving again.”

“…sigh”

“Say it!”

“You are the Tiffany that I will start loving again.”

“And the sky is a witness to this confession” Jessica rolled her eyes and repeated again.

“And the sky is a witness to this confession”

“And you want me to become your wife once again”

“And you want me to become your wife once again” the blonde teased and giggled at the frown on Tiffany’s face.

“I said what you wanted me to say. Now it’s your turn” she held Tiffany’s waist once more.

“What?”

“Seriously? All you can say is what?” with that, Jessica closed the distance between them once more.

---

                Tiffany felt sunrays peeking through the window. As she tried to feel next or under her the warm body of her wife, she was disappointed to be met by pillows. She decided to go downstairs, since there was no way she could fall asleep right now anymore.

“Good morning!”

“Mornin” she was met by two sour faces.

“What’s wrong?”

“…”

“Mom, did I do something wrong?” Tiffany asked Julia. The latter could only huff in frustration and run back to her room.

“What’s happening?”

“…”

“Hana-ssi, tell me what’s wrong!”

“And you have the audacity to come here in the morning to ask about it?” Sunny asked coming in the kitchen.

“Good morning Sunny. Would you please care to explain?”

“How can you look so chirpy in the morning after what happened yesterday?”

“You’re being like this to me because of what happened that night?”

“…”

“How can that be my fault?! The dude came to bother me and Jessica pushed him away. How can that be my fault!?” Tiffany asked frustrated.

“Right! And didn’t your wife ask you exactly whom that man was?”

“That concerns Jessica and I!”

“No! It concerns the whole family when you bring the Jung name to the dirt!!” With that, Tiffany ran back to her room frustrated. Tears made their way out alone, as soon as she dashed into the bedroom.

“Mommy, mommy!!!” Seohyun came in. Tiffany immediately dried her tears.

“Yes sweetie?”

“I’m colouring!”

“How nice! Show me!” She sat the little girl on her lap as she took a seat in the bed. The little one opened her colouring book to a page.

“Wow!! Nice flower! Do you need help Seobaby?”

“Yes! With these petals! They’re very small and I keep colouring out of the line!!”

“Oh, I’ll show you how then” they took a few colours out and failed to notice Julia at the door.

“What are you doing?” she asked looking confused.

“I’m teaching her some tricks with colours. Why? Is it so wrong?”

“No, go ahead continue”

“We’ll continue later. I think what you have to say is more important, Mom”

“Seo, go back to your room and finish colouring this rose. I’ll come to see you when I’m done talking with Granny, ok?” the redhead told the small girl.

“Ok mommy!” the small one headed out.

“So mom? Are you ok now?”

“…”

“Mom?”

“It’s nothing” with that, Julia ran back downstairs, leaving a confused Tiffany.

---

“Hana-ssi! Hana-ssi!!” Julia called.

“Yes Ms. Julia? What’s wrong?”

“I saw something weird!”

---

“It’s nobody’s business!!” Jessica yelled through her office.

“It’s everybody’s business!! The newspapers will write about this thing!” Yuri explained.

“I don’t give a ! They can write whatever they want!”

“We want what is best for you” Taeyeon noted.

“Don’t talk about it and it will go away with time.”

“So you’re ok with what happened?”

“Dude!! It’s something between me and my wife!”

“Sica, you’re unbelievable these days!” Yuri said.

“What the do you want from me?! Divorce her cause a guy bothered her?!”

“Hm… not any man. And I’m pretty sure-”

“Taeyeon! Yuri! If you have something to say about presidency, I’m ready. If not, I’m not talking at all!!” with that, Jessica fell on her seat. Yuri received a phone call. She excused herself to go talk with a journalist.

“So…what’s his name?” Taeyeon asked.

“Who?”

“The one you punched” Taeyeon said with a chuckle.

“I don’t know. But I know the name of the one I will hit RIGHT NOW, if he continues to talk about it”

“I’m sorry. But I care about you and your reputation! Same goes for the family!”

---

“Thank you so much, sir! Thank you!” Siwon finished the phone call with the current president of the association.

“So?” Donghae asked.

“The current president accepted”

“That’s great! We’ll be able to stay with Steph for a few days at their house thanks to this reality TV!” The associate said happily, as they’ve been planning on trying to enter Jessica’s house to help Tiffany in any way they could. They finally to approval to get interviews from the candidates from the soon to be ex-president.

---

“Yes, sure…No I highly doubt…” Jessica was talking with a client when she noticed someone getting inside. Her eyes widened a little when she saw her wife.

“I didn’t come here to bother you…” Tiffany whispered as she shuffled with the papers on the desk.

“Alright, look… I’ll talk to you later.” The blonde finished and ended the call.

“Tiff, what are you doing?”

“Nothing, just fixing your papers. Like long ago”

“You never fixed my papers for me.”

“Great! I guess I can just start now!”

“Why are you here?”

“I got bored. And everybody in the house is mad at me and ignoring me. Of course you are too. I woke up and didn’t find you. So I decided to come here and help you out a little. That way I can get some air as well”

“Tiffany, what happened last night-”

“What happened was one of the best things that can happen between a married couple”

“It was a mistake”

“I see. If you want to go back on your word, then you’re free to do so. And if you think it was a mistake, it’s your responsibility to fix it. Nobody forced you to do it.” Tiffany said hurt.

“So you’re saying you didn’t want it as well?”

“I didn’t say anything. You’re the one who’s regretting. I told you to not do it in the car! Besides, you’re regretting now? You’re a liar!” the blonde looked at her surprised.

“You are! I don’t get why you’re still imprisoning yourself in those same ideas! When we…in the car, it felt as if you’re close to me. You’ll protect me and you won’t ignore me and hurt me anymore. What happened Jessi?” Tiffany asked frustrated, making Jessica look at her.

“Tiffany, go back home.”

“What happened?!”

“I have work to do” the redhead reached for the blonde’s arm.

“I have work as well. With the person that made me feel special in such a long time yesterday. Let’s go out for lunch!”

“I’m busy” at that moment, the phone rang. Turns out it was from the villa and when Jessica heard the person talking through the phone, her face turned confused. 

---

“Are you sure of these information?” Siwon asked as he looked at the piece of paper in his hands that Donghae just received by mail.

“Yes, the person that got them and mailed me is without a doubt on our side.” Donghae asked.

“This is dangerous. These info are dangerous”

---

“Tiffany, I need you to write something for me” Jessica asked her to sit on her seat.

“The pen and the paper are in front of you” the blonde reminded. At that moment, Tiffany closed the book and turned to the computer.

“It’s faster this way. I’m listening” the redhead said.

---

At dinner:

“Apparently TV stations are starting a new work regimen” Tony noted.

“What are you talking about Tony-appa?” Yuri asked.

“Do you know Choi Siwon, Sooyeon-ah?”

“The SUJU TV director?” Taeyeon asked.

“Yes, him”

“What’s wrong with him dad?”

“They said the TV station wanted to film the candidates in their daily lives”

“What for?” Jessica asked.

“To give the people a good idea of whom the candidates really are”

“Nice idea” Yuri said.

“Excuse me. I’ll go see Seohyun-ie” Tiffany went upstairs.

“Are they going to stay for a long time, Tony? TV stations often are heavy loaders” Julia asked a little bothered.

“That’s not important, sweetie. The important thing is for your daughter to get to presidency”

“I’ll start staying in my room again then” Sunny said, getting off the table.

“No Sunny. You’re a part of this family and I want you to stay” Jessica said.

---

“Siwon! What have I heard? You’re the one who called Tony?” Tiffany asked freaking as soon as she arrived into her room.

“Yes. Look, I don’t think it’s a good idea we talk like this. We got new updates. Dangerous new information. Donghae will be in the team coming to film. He’ll tell you everything”

“Alright sweetie. I’ll talk to you later” Tiffany immediately changed the tone as she noticed Jessica coming in the room.

“Who were you talking to?”

“Bom. She called and asked me about something” Jessica headed to the bathroom. At that moment, Tiffany immediately dialled Bom’s number.

“You became good friends, eh?” Jessica asked from the bathroom. The redhead closed the phone once again.

“Yes, she’s really sweet.”

“I always used to ask myself why you didn’t have friends…” Jessica came back to the room.

“Bom was the very first friend you brought home” she continued sitting next to the phone. She got the handset.

“Who are you calling?”

“Bom”

“You know her number?” Tiffany acted surprised.

“No, the phone’s memory does” Jessica then pushed a button and waited. She failed to notice Tiffany trying to hide her smile.

“Hello?”

“Yes, sorry. Who is it?” Jessica asked confused.

“Miss you’re the one who called…”

“Bom?”

“You know me? Sorry but I don’t recognise your voice” the blonde cut the line.

“What’s wrong, baby?”

“Nothing”

“Why didn’t you talk with Bommie?” Jessica ignored her and went out.

---

“Did you make sure of what I told you?” Julia asked as she noticed her daughter in the backyard.

“No” Jessica replied.

“Why not?!”

“I didn’t have a chance”

“Is it that hard to ask her to write something?”

“The computer got in the way”

“That means I might be right”

“Mom, don’t be ridiculous”

“Sooyeonie, I come in the room and find them colouring. I look at the pencil and find it in her right hand! And Tiffany is left handed!” Jessica loses the smile and looked at her mother again confused.

---

                The topic of Tiffany’s dexterity had made Jessica go nuts over the few days that passed. The blonde took the day off and went to the doctor with Tiffany to check up Seohyun as the redhead has ordered her. She still had the questions roaming in her head all the while they were at the doctor’s.

“I feel so much better now” Tiffany said with a small smile as she entered the car after the appointment.

“…”

“I’m happy you came with me to the doctor. At least we made sure that Seohyun is doing ok and she’ll be fine very soon”

“My daughter is more important than work”

“Of course she is, baby!”

“And more important than you”

“I know that”

“And more important than your lies and acting”

“Not in front of the girl!” Jessica stopped the car.

“Can I understand why everything goes back to you?” the blonde asked in a voice that could freeze an entire room.

“Not in front of Seo!”

“She has to know the true you”

“I’m coming down here. And don’t talk like this in front of her again. Get her home” Tiffany said coming out of the car.

“No Mommy! Stay!” Seohyun cried.

“This is what your Umma wants” with that she closed the car’s door and walked away.

“Umma, I want Mommy!!” the little one shed tears. Frustrated, Jessica followed Tiffany.

“Get in”

“I don’t want”

“Get in!!” Tiffany looked at Seohyun and her heart broke. She came back in.

“Just for Seo!”

---

“The TV group is here” Jessica noted as soon as they arrived home.

“You talk to them. I’m taking Seohyun upstairs”

“No, we will both stay!”

“What if I failed at acting and my lies show?” Tiffany asked pained looking at Jessica before dashing inside.

“Oh, Sooyeon-ie. Come honey!” Tony called as Seohyun held both her parent’s hands.

“Hello Ma’am. I’m Donghae, from Suju TV” the man shook hands with Jessica.

“Dinner today’s pizza” the blonde noted.

“Sorry?”

“She’s telling you she remembers you. When you asked me about my favourite dish in front of the hospital. I’m Tiffany” the redhead explained as she shook his hand.

“Nice to meet you. Hi sweetie!” he waved at Seohyun, who waved back.

“Anyways, make up is waiting for you Ms. Jessica. As for Ms. Tiffany, I can start asking you a few questions. Shall we?” Donghae asked.

“Of course.” Tiffany led him to a small salon.

---

“We miss you Steph” Donghae said lowly.

“I miss you too. So what are the info that you were able to get?”

“Tiffany Jang is in trouble for drug trafficking.”

“What??! What are you saying!?”

“SHH!! Just check this paper. And make sure to destroy it when you’re done”

“Are you guys done?” Jessica asked coming in.

“Of course. Here are the questions. If you didn’t like them, we can change them Ma’am” Donghae gave his small notebook to Jessica and went back to his crew.

“When exactly did you have time to prepare all these questions?” the blonde asked sceptical.

“I’m going back to my room”

“Aren’t you going to see my interview?”

“No” Jessica nodded her head.

“Don’t be late cause it’s going to be a family interview later” With that, Tiffany came back in her room. When she came inside, she sat on the sofa, checking the paper Dongahe gave her. She then heard a knock.

“Come in”

“Hey, you ok?”

“Taeyeon? Yes I’m fine”

“I saw you rushing up here. Is something wrong?”

“No, it’s nothing.” Taeyeon then came inside and closed the door.

“What’s wrong?” Tiffany asked as he came closer and sat on the couch.

“Why are you doing this to me?”

“Huh?”

“Why have you been ignoring me since you came back? I can’t see you nor can I talk to you.”

“…”

“Your face changed; I understand. You changed your ways with your daughter; I understand. You decided to go back to Jessica; fine. But that only means that she’d be needing a real woman in her bed. And you’d be needing a man.”

“…Look Taeyeon, with all due respect, I ask of you to get out right this instance and I promise you to forget whatever I heard”

“Forget? Why should you? Am I saying anything wrong? Any lies? Do you think I’ll be able to forget?”

“Taeyeon, please. I’m begging you. I’m Jessica’s wife! You’re sister’s wife!” Tiffany tried desperately, getting off the couch.

“You’re everybody’s wife, except Jessica’s”

“Don’t get close” Tiffany tried as she noticed the man walking to her.

“So? Did you forget Taeyeon’s smell that you liked? Or the kiss that you promised belonged to my lips only? You forgot?”

“Stop. Not a single word more.” Tiffany was trapped between Taeyeon and the door.

“I can’t. I love you. I’m crazy about you. And I want my right!”

“Taeyeon calm down. Please, you have to forget everything. I decided to be Jessica’s only. Let’s not ruin this day! Cameras are downstairs. Please, get out!”

“Stop the act! Stop the lies... You’re mine and you won’t be anybody else’s! I want you!” At that moment, Sunny came in.

“Sun, get your husband out!”

“The one that permitted him to get in, has to throw him out.”

“Sun, get him out! Please, just get out!!” after the man exited the room, Tiffany pulled Sunny in.

“Sunny…I swear upon my life, the one that God gave back to me; there’s nothing between your husband and I! You have to believe me! He surprised me with every word he said! Since he first came in! I promised Jessica that I’ll get you guys back together and that’s what’s going to happen!”

“…You…are not Tiffany” Sunny was about to get out when Tiffany held unto her arm once more.

“What…what do you mean?”

“You are not Tiffany. We’ll talk later” Sunny went out.