I want you out

Stranger

“I’ll talk to you later” Yuri ended the call.

“Impossible. Finally my sweetheart came to see me”

“Jessica’s home. I thought this was the best moment to come and see you”

“I miss you”

“… let’s get to work” Tiffany took Yuri’s seat. The tanned sat on the desk.

“So who’s the idiot outside who told me I couldn’t come in?” Tiffany asked, trying her best to sound rude.

“A new worker. She joined when you were in the hospital. She doesn’t know that you’re the only one that can knock and enter whenever you please”

“So tell her from now on”

“There’s no from now on. Because time is almost up.”

“True. We’re getting close to the end. Now in tell me what you’ve been up to so I can go back to see what that loser is doing back home”

“Wow. Now that’s the Tiffany I know! How were you able to get this sweet, gentle woman act put together?”

“I had to. So that they get attached to me”

“Of course I was a bit confused in the beginning. When I saw you with this whole new personality you pulled off, I didn’t know what to make out of it. But now? I’m thankful you went through with it”

“The paper under the pillow told me”

“Great. See how much a piece of paper can do?”

“But I’m disappointed in you”

“Why?”

“Why kill Park Bom?”

“I blame you. Why get a flight attendant into your house?”

“I don’t like people working behind my back. You should’ve told me about your intention”

“Bom is from the past now. I didn’t want anyone from that plane. But the more important question is; why Choi Siwon?”

“Are you threatening me Yul?”

“Of course not! But we have to be careful! I just thought that if he was any trouble during that time with the interview, I would’ve ended him right this instance. Just so that your focus would stay on the mission”

Downstairs, in the car:

“Listen well…I want you to get your crew. I don’t want any complications; arrest Kwon Yuri” Sooyoung ordered after she heard all the evidence she needed. Tiffany made her way down. As she walked to her car, she saw Daniel giving her a thumb’s up.

“Is it enough for Jessica’s problem?”

“I don’t know. But I’m sure it is for Park Bom’s case” Sooyoung admitted.

“But we can’t let them know she got arrested. We have to finish the plan”

“True. What can we do in this situation?”

“We’ll get her to send a text saying she needed to go on a trip urgently. I don’t want Jessica’s future to be shaken”

“You care about her that much?”

“Not the least bit”

---

“Sooyeon! Taeyeon!” Tony called, coming downstairs.

“What’s wrong dad?”

“What the hell is this? Look at what Yuri sent” Taeyeon took her dad’s phone and read the message. She frowned.

“Seriously?”

“Show me this” Jessica took the device.

“Weird. Why did she do that?”

“I don’t know”

“Her phone is out of service” Taeyeon admitted after trying to call. Tiffany came in.

“What’s wrong? What happened Jessi?” She asked Jessica.

“Yuri’s out of the country. She left everything and sent this” she gave the phone to Tiffany.

“Show me…she’s crazy”

“What do you mean she left with them and she told you to text this?” Taeyeon asked as he came back.

“What happened?” Tony asked.

“You didn’t know them?....Alright, alright.” Taeyeon cut the line.

“Tiffany?” he called.

“Hm?”

“You were at the office today?”

“Yes. I was passing by and I wanted to make sure everything was fine. Why? What happened?”

“After you left, three men came and Yuri left with them. She asked her secretary to text this message, before her phone disappeared as well.”

“And who are those three?”

“I don’t know. Nobody knows”

---

“What did you do?” Jessica asked dragging Tiffany

“Saved your life”

“Yuri!?”

“Jessica, get to presidency and then we’ll talk”

“So now nobody from my family wants to kill me?”

“…”

“I’m hating this whole thing. I’m hating my work. I’m hating myself” Jessica slumped on the sofa. Tiffany sat next to her and clung to her arm.

“But I love the presidency, cause I know you love your work. And I love you; you’re like an innocent child”

“Hm…so you’re going to leave soon”

“Not before drinking to your success in front of your family. Your wife drinking for your success”

“And...”

“And what?”

“And am I going to see you on TV?”

“Nobody ever hurts the person they love. Rest assured and sleep at ease. Don’t tell anybody. Nobody needs to know about a story I killed before it killed you.” Jessica looked at Tiffany and then stood up.

“Why would Yuri want to kill me?”

“I don’t know. But we’re sure she killed Bom. And she’s ready to kill Siwon if he stands in the way of this whole plan. Maybe she’s jealous of you”

“Or maybe she’s a tool in someone else’s hands.”

“Maybe. But the important thing is that she’s out of the picture”

“But Tiffany stayed, considering your story”

“Don’t worry. If I learned something, I’ll protect you with my life”

“…You love me this much?” Jessica asked innocently.

“No…”

“…”

“A little more than that” Jessica turned away and left the room. Tiffany got inside the bathroom and washed her hands. She looked into the mirror a little proud of herself. When she was about to get a towel, she found a paper.

‘Time’s up the day of the elections’

Tiffany looked scared in the mirror. She rushed back to Siwon to show him the paper.

“What’s this Mr. Daniel? I thought the topic was ready to be closed” she asked showing them the paper.

“Of course, Yuri is only the one that does the dirty work. I’ve never thought that she could, on her own, come up with a plan like this.”

“Who’s still there? Who’s behind all this?” Siwon asked.

“Mr. Daniel, who exactly are you? You’re not an agent, nor a detective, nor an inspector. Who are you? Why are you this concerned about Jessica?” Tiffany continued.

“If Jessica’s safe in the end of this, I’ll tell you”

“What should I do?” Tiffany asked desperate.

“Wait until the election day”

“What if they killed her?!”

“They won’t do anything without your knowledge, right ‘Tiffany’?”

“Siwon. I can’t do this anymore! I’m really tired”

“Me too”

“I have to go. Stay strong. Don’t forget to keep the device with you at all times.” The old man then took his leave.

---

                The day of the elections is finally here. Everyone was up early in the morning getting ready. Jessica was tying her tie when Tiffany spoke from her side.

“Please, just be careful today”

“As long as the conspirer is with me, she’ll protect me.” Jessica said coldly.

“I hope so. Let’s go” everyone got down and met in the hall. They were ready to go to the association.

“Bye sweetie. Stay good. Ok?” Tiffany said to Seohyun.

“OK mommy”

“Bye Hana-ssi. Bye Yoong.”

“Bye!”

---

“Congrats” Tiffany said shyly.

“Thanks, Stephanie Hwang…Elections are done. I’m president. And I haven’t died”

“The criminal is in jail”

“Is it this easy, Hwang? Yuri wants to kill me. All of a sudden, a journalist caught her. She’s in jail. I wish all conspiracies are this easy.”

“The important thing is you’re alive and you’re president”

“Or we can say…you’re a liar. And in either way, delusional”

“The last paper, didn’t say so” Jessica chuckled drily.

“The last paper is like the first paper. A fake notice. You took a nice story for your show and-”

“And I need to leave now”

“No. Tonight, of course not. Sleepover. But tomorrow, before the sun rises, I want you out. Besides, we’re invited over the ex-president’s house tomorrow. It’s up to you to come up with an excuse. Get your things and leave”

---

Next morning, Tiffany did as promised with a heavy heart. She felt like crying. She didn’t want to leave the place she’s grown to love, nor the people she considered her family now.

“She’s not mine. Nothing in this house is mine. This is only thing that is mine. ‘Takes the small listening device.’ Not true. Even this is practically not my possession. I have to give it back.” She heard a knock on the door. Hana came in.

“You didn’t go with them Hana-ssi?” Tiffany asked.

“No”

“Who’s taking care of Seohyun?”

“You still care about Soehyun?”

“Nothing changed, I’m her mother-”

“You’re Stephanie Hwang. Mrs. Julia knows and she loves you. Don’t go”

“I don’t care about who knows and who doesn’t anymore. I have to go. Jessica doesn’t want me.”

“You saved her life!”

“I have to get back mine”

“Are you going to be able to separate from Seohyun?”

“Her mother died. And I took care of her for a few months. Jessica will soon find a new woman she’ll love. And she’ll become the mother of her daughter”

“Nobody will ever love her as much you do. And she won’t love anybody else”

“It’s too late. Nothing will change now. I don’t have anything to pack. I’ll leave as I am. I’ll miss you” Tiffany hugged the housekeeper.

“Don’t leave. Ms. Julia says to not leave. There’s still a lot of things you didn’t get to see and change”

“Kiss Seohyun for me when she’s back. And tell her…tell her I love her a lot” she hugged the older woman again as her tears fell. At that moment, Tony came in the room.

“Dad? You’re still here?”

“Go Hana-ssi. Go help them at the ex-president’s house. The driver’s waiting for you downstairs” the woman left the father-daughter alone.

“Something wrong? Why aren’t you with them, dad?”

“I came back to see you”

“I …euh…I was just fixing some stuff I found in the closet and-” Tony caught her hand and looked her dead in the eye.

“Why haven't you killed her yet?” Tiffany’s eyes widened.