Who the hell are you?!

Stranger

Jessica got a cigarette from her pack. She put it in ready to light it when someone took it away and threw it. She looked to her side and found Tiffany. Her anger dissipated almost immediately. She smiled.

“This is the only thing that didn’t change about you; you still hate the smell of it”

“Thank god” Tiffany said under her breath.

“Sorry?”

“Nothing. You promised to respect my feelings” Jessica chuckled and dragged Tiffany with her to a couch on the patio. She then sat down and pushed Tiffany on her lap.

“What have you done to us?”

“What did I do to you?”

“You stuck us again to each other. Just like a puzzle”

“Hm…But you didn’t take much time with me” they chuckled. “Usually the complicated puzzle would take time. But not you guys.”

“You think the glue you use is strong?” Jessica continued with the word play.

“My love for you is the strong one”

“You know?”

“Hm?”

“If they gave me a choice to rule the world or to hug you until the end of time-” Jessica started when she got interrupted.

“Hm, you’d rule the world. You’re evil”

“Yah! Let me finish!”

“Oh? Your answer is different?”

“I was trying to be romantic!”

“Sorry. Go ahead”

“Well you were right though”

“Yah! I thought you were trying to be romantic!”

“Well, you’re not wrong cause You are my world” Tiffany eyes immediately softened. She then leaned in and pecked Jessica’s lips slowly. The blonde responded happily as she tightened her hold on the redhead’s waist.

---

“They’re cute together” Sunny noted.

“Hm…”

“They’re adorable for each other”

“They are for each other” Taeyeon replied.

“You sad?”

“Sunny let’s not-”

“Believe me. I’m asking out of concern. Are you sad?”

“…No.” Sunny sat next to him.

“No because you weren’t able to get there? Or because you should be happy for your sister?”

“She turned your head upside down”

“Don’t think about our girls’ talk. Just answer”

“No because I wasn’t able to get with her…or with someone else. But I know nothing will change between us.”

“Everything will change between us. I love you. And Tiffany stopped you cause she loves you too. She woke you up and asked you to open your eyes. To see that your wife is still present. She surprised me when she didn’t take you. She opened my eyes to the fact that I was ignoring you…you used to turn around when we were this close before.” Sunny noted holding Taeyeon’s shoulder.

“The whiskey’s smell bothered me.”

“But now there’s nothing. Just my breath holding out a love I’ve been trying to prove for a long time. I want you to get me back to the first weeks. Before the 1040 weeks you’ve been counting. I want to feel you again.” She laid her head on his shoulder. He finally reached for her hand and kissed it.

“Is it still worth it?”

“You’re worth it. And I’m worth it. And most of all, YoonA’s worth it. She lacks a lot. She’s still a kid. She still needs us. I love you” Sunny looked into his eyes.

“So this is your eye color?”

“No, this is the color of love I have in my eyes.”

“They were pale and dead”

“Now they’re back to shine again. Because you’re looking at them” Taeyeon finally leaned in and felt his wife’s lips for the very first time in a long time.

---

                Jessica pulled out of her heavy kiss. She smiled a small smile as she looked at Tiffany.

“I finished with Asia and Africa. I still have five more continent to rule the world” she stated.

“You’re wrong” Tiffany teased.

“Oh?”

“I’d say you barely finished Asia. Did you forget it’s the biggest?” Jessica chuckled and bumped her nose with her wife’s.

“God, I love you” Tiffany stood up.

“And you’d do anything for me?” the redhead asked. The blonde stood up and back-hugged her.

“Anything”

“I see. Follow me then” Tiffany dashed off inside, leaving a dumbfounded Jessica.  The blonde finally snapped back and ran after her. They arrived to their room and Tiffany opened a drawer.

“Here”

“What are those?”

“Check them” as soon as Jessica laid eyes on them, she understood.

“See that Bom was right?”

“Where did you get those?”

“YoonA. She was in the office for a longer time than her”

“I still don’t get why you’re so interested into knowing of this”

“Because the person who’d lie about a trip, would lie about a presidency project” Jessica rolled her eyes and removed her blazer.

“Please Jessi! You have to believe me. I don’t have a good feeling about Yuri.”

“Yuri is my friend since childhood.”

“Why would a childhood friend try to harm a teen then?”

“What are you saying now? If you’re talking about Yoong, we all know she loves her”

“I understand she does, but that doesn’t mean Yuri didn’t ask of her to do something a teen is not capable of offering yet”

“Yuri?!”

“Yes, YoonA told me. Please, you have to believe me. I’m begging you to distance her from the family.”

“Now?”

“Please, I can’t say more!”

“Why? Because she went to Rome without telling me, I should break a friendship that is over two decades old?”

“What if that trip puts your life in danger?”

“How can it put my life in danger? What if she has a girlfriend and wanted to go out a little with her? Or if she took a small amount from the office to get some air?”

“Oh? You mean steeling?”

“Just like you stole my heart” Jessica said lowly as she got a hold of her wife’s waist and pushed both of them onto the bed.

“What are you doing?” Tiffany asked holding Jessica’s neck.

“I’m getting my heart back” when she was about to kiss her, the redhead stopped her once again.

“Turn the lights off”

“Yes ma’am” Jessica said and sighed like a kid.

---

“You getting down with me?” Sooyoung asked the man with her in the car. The latter just nodded his head.

“Alright, let’s go”

---

“Time is passing. And the danger on Jessica’s life is intensifying and we can’t do anything” Siwon said frustrated.

“You’re right” Donghae said. The office phone rang.

“Hello?....Choi who?....Sooyoung?........Let them in” the tall man stood to greet the police. There was a knock on the door before the tall woman came in with the man trailing behind her.

“Choi Siwon” he introduced himself as he shook her hand.

“Detective Choi Sooyoung. And this is Daniel Jung”

“Nice to meet you. This is Lee Donghae, the crew director”

---

“How come Sooyeon is not down yet?” Tony asked eating breakfast.

“She must be sleeping” Julia said.

“Tell Hana-ssi to wake her up”

“No Dad. Let them sleep. They must’ve slept very late. Taeyeon and I slept late yesterday too”

“Is this why he came down smiling widely earlier?” Julia asked happy.

“If he didn’t have work, I wouldn’t have let him go” Sunny said excited.

---

“Why!?”

“Didn’t you say that Miss Hwang died? And you’re the one who supposedly have her stuff from the crash. We need to see them” Sooyoung explained. Siwon sighed and pulled out the envelope that contained the accessories. Once the police checked the content of it, they sighed and looked seriously at Siwon.

“Mr. Choi, you’re not cooperating with us”

“Sorry?”

“These are not the accessories that the deceased had on. Doctor Kim Hyoyeon said she had other ones. Diamond ones”

“These are Stephanie Hwang’s stuff!”

“Of course they are. That’s how much she would be able to afford as a journalist. But not the stuff that you first got when you received the body”

“Sooyoung-ssi introduced herself to you. And needing a detective to look into this matter, I think the situation is a little more serious than you think, Siwon-ssi” Daniel talked.

“And who would you be?” the tall man asked.

“You’ll soon know. But first, you need to cooperate with us”

“If I did, would you cooperate with me?” the station direction asked.

---

                Tiffany felt the sun glazing over her face. She slowly opened her eyes and was met by the cutest thing ever. Jessica’s frowning face in the morning, still sleeping, trying to hide her face from the sun with the blanket. Tiffany noticed how her arms were around her wife’s bare body. She leaned in and pecked her lips slowly. She then ran to the bathroom to get a bath.

---

“Of course, now it’s believable. These are Stephanie’s and these are someone else’s” Daniel noted, seeing both envelops and accessories in front of him.

“Siwon-ssi, who’s alive exactly?”

“Sir, you received someone else’s body. Right?”

“…yes”

“Were you aware?” Sooyoung asked.

“…”

“Why are both victims’ stuff with you?”

“…”

“Siwon-ssi. Headquarters have been searching for five years for a dangerous woman on the loose. Her name is Tiffany Liu”

“Tiffany who?”

“Tiffany Liu. She’s the daughter of a Chinese man and a Korean woman. Her parents divorced a long time ago and her mother was able to gain custody of her until she turned eighteen”

“What’s her mom’s family name?” Donghae asked.

“Jang.”

“Do you know her, Siwon-ssi?”

“…No”

“She was able to get away with drug trafficking throughout Asia for quite some time. We finally came to a lead when we came to know who Jessica Jung’s wife was”

“Of course we were confused for a few months now, since her missions all of a sudden stopped. And apparently, she was very smart. She used various names in her work. Of course, she wasn’t alone. She had accomplices all along, who helped her with the whole identity issue. They finally turned her into Tiffany Jang, the one that got married to Jessica Jung”

“And when did you find out all of that?”

“Not from long. We came to see you, since you had a reporter that was sitting next to Tiffany Jang in the plane. If Tiffany died in the plane accident, it only means that the one alive is Stephanie.”

---

                Jessica stirred in her sleep. She reached out for her wife, but found no one next to her. She opened an eye slowly and saw no one else in the room. Sitting down on the bed, she rubbed her eyes like a cat. She looked towards the bathroom and a mischievous smile appeared on her face when she noticed the shower was running. She got a baggy shirt on and slowly, she made her way towards the bathroom. From behind the door, she called.

“Tiff?”

“Yes, baby?” she heard a muffled voice.

“What are you doing?”

“I’m taking a bath” little did Tiffany know that Jessica snuck into the bathroom.

“Alone?”

“Well, who else would be in here?”

“How about I join you for example?” at that moment, Jessica opened the translucent shower door. Tiffany jumped in shock, turning to meet her wife’s mischievous eyes. Unfortunately, Jessica’s gaze went lower. Her smile faded as her face contorted into a look of confusion. She let go of the shower door and stepped back. Her back made contact with the wall behind her. Her eyes kept going back and forth between Stephanie’s eyes and her body. She shook her head as her eyes grew a little.

“Not Tiffany…” she finally whispered.

“…” the redhead didn’t know what to do or say.

“You’re not my wife… You’re not Tiffany! You’re not MY Tiffany!! WHO THE ARE YOU!?” Tiffany finally snapped and reached for a bathrobe. Jessica dashed out from the bathroom. She walked back and forth into the room, trying to understand what was happening. She came to a stop and sat down on the couch. Tiffany came in the room, afraid of saying anything. Jessica brought her legs up and hugged them. She kept her gaze on the ground as questions started to make way into her head.

“J.Jessi…” Tiffany started still afraid of talking.

“Who are you?” Jessica looked at Tiffany, her voice turning cold.

“Jessi-”

“Where is your scar from Seohyun’s birth?”

“…”

“Who are you!?”

“…Can I wear my clothes first?”

“…” Tiffany picked a random shirt and shorts. When she was done, she came back in front of Jessica.

“Jessica Jung, you have to listen well to what I’m about to tell you. Because the smallest wrong step would ruin us all, especially you” Jessica didn’t look at her. She was still angry and confused.

“Who are you?” Tiffany sat next to her on the couch slowly.

“…Stephanie Hwang” Jessica’s face turned into a frown.

“The one from the TV station?” she asked. Tiffany nodded. Jessica stood up from her seat. She looked at the other woman.

“Why?”

“Listen well. You’ll understand”

---

“You believed their story?” Sooyoung asked Daniel as they got out of the TV station.

“Yes, I did”

“Where do you want to go now?”

“I want to see Park Bom.” They got into the car and drove away.

---

“Tiffany is dead…” Jessica said lowly.

“And the secret of your supposed murder died with her. I was the only one who knew. Since the first night of mine in the hospital”

“Don’t go back to the topic of my supposed death conspiracy. This is only a lie of your sick thinking” Jessica said, looking spitefully at the other one.

“Until it became the truth. With a paper I found under my pillow” the redhead hastily got the sheet and showed it to Jessica. The blonde looked back at Tiffany and was about to tear the paper.

“No!” Tiffany took it back.

“Very nice Stephanie Hwang. A printed paper. It could be you who have printed it. So that you go through with your plan until the end… you get into my life with your new look. The look that I created, that I permitted to happen. You used my weak side towards Tiffany so that you could get a big scoop, that’ll ruin my future”

“Yes really think I did all of this for a scoop?” the redhead asked unbelieving.

“I know you did it for a scoop.” Jessica ran to the phone.

“Who are you calling?”

“The cops. The likes of you belongs in prison”

“Calm down and don’t ruin everything” Stephanie cut the line.

“If you said the truth now, then your future will go down the drain. The truth will end you” Tiffany begged through her eyes. Jessica looked away.

“Impossible. There is no chance I’d stay under the same roof with a cheater, an imposter. Or I’d keep her in my house”

“You stayed with a criminal for five years. Can’t you endure a few weeks with me, until this whole thing is over? You can do whatever you want after the truth will come out” Tiffany’s tears were now on her face.

“WHAT TRUTH?!”

“Your murder’s conspiracy! Lower your voice. Your house is a danger for you and I, Jessica”

“How…How can I…live, eat… s.sleep, with a stranger? A liar?”

“…You fell in love with the stranger.”

“And she…did she love me? ‘Bitter chuckle.’ Why would she love me?”

“Because you saved her from death. Because you were next to her all along. Because you’re a rare kind of person, with your gentleness and politeness. And she, from the beginning, before even meeting you, used to respect you”

“You fooled everyone into becoming Tiffany. You made Seohyun love you. You gave Sunny back her husband… You returned me to a bed I thought was cold for years. And you say you respect me? These are your own thoughts you respect”

“Seohyun wanted a mother that she saw in me. Sunny wanted her husband and her husband wanted her back. They’re together again. The cold bed you were talking about, you wanted it. Because you love your wife. But she turned out a criminal. Your mother wanted the Tiffany that made her daughter smile. Your father wanted the president to make it with a cute, happy family. ‘Turn around and faces Jessica’. You all wanted what happened. And I made it come true” Jessica chuckled bitterly.

“You did it through a lie.” Jessica walked a few steps away.

“No, I did it through love. I fell in love with you. First I got afraid over your safety. I was scared because the secret wasn’t Tiffany’s anymore. If I told, I would’ve died and you would have too. But then, I really fell for you. And I still love you. More than anything else. ‘Jessica turns to face Tiffany.’ And just like I decided to protect you, I won’t go back on my word. Because the love and the moments I’ve shared with you are all my life now.” Jessica looks away and shakes her head.

“Shut up… Shut up. Shut up. Shut up. Shut. The. . Up” she repeated, give in to her legs. She sat on the bed.

“If you just thought about it honestly…you’d notice that the ‘stranger’, as you called me, is one of the closest people to you. Maybe what I did was wrong, unbelievable, rare…I gave up my existence for you. But now we just need to know who wants to kill you. And what Tiffany’s role is in this conspiracy. I lost everything during the accident. But you gave me a chance to get my life back with someone I love. That I really, truly, deeply fell in love with” Tiffany finished as she tried to get close to Jessica.

“Don’t come near.”

“Let me stay next to you. I’ll just save you and I’ll disappear from your life forever”

“Who knew about the truth other than, of course, Choi Siwon?”

“Bommie. She’s helping me in protecting you. Siwon too. And if fate gave me a chance to protect your daughter, then it also gave me a chance to protect you from death.”

“Nightmare…This is a nightmare. I’m living a nightmare”

“I’ve lived it before you” the phone rang. Jessica answered.

“Hello?....Yes dad?...No, no. I’m just talking with… with Tiffany about something…Yuri?....this is not the right time… alright, I’ll get down”

“Thank you” Tiffany said in a little voice.”

“I’m forced to”

“You’re going down like this? Aren’t you going to change your clothes?” Jessica looked down and noticed the baggy sweatshirt. She was about to remove it when she remembered Stephanie was in the room.

“Go check on Seo. I’ll change my clothes.” Tiffany smiled a little. And walked away. Before getting out of the room, she finished.

“Don’t believe too much in Yuri” Jessica looked skeptically at Tiffany’s back, until the door was closed.

---

                Sooyoung came back in the car. She sighed and rubbed her eyes.

“So? Not home?”

“…They found her killed at home”