What's with Yuri??

Stranger

In a coffee shop, Tiffany was waiting for Bom to arrive. Unfortunately, they failed to notice they were being observed from afar.

“Why did you do this to yourself?” Bom asked looking at an undercover Tiffany.

“It’s safer. Did you get the paper?”

“Yes, I did” Bom handed her the small sheet.

“I can’t see her name anywhere” the redhead said after scanning the paper.

“What? That’s impossible” Bom took the paper and scanned for Yuri’s name. It was nowhere to be found.

“So you were mistaken. She didn’t go to Rome”

“I’m telling you; I’m a hundred percent sure she did! I’m sure there’s something wrong” At that moment, the man observing them walked to a corner and notified his boss about the whereabouts and the doings of the girls.

---

“What you told me about Yul, is exactly the same lust that your dad feels for Tiffany” Sunny said regretfully.

“Again?! Yul too!?”

“Yes, even Yuri apparently.”

“But are you sure, Mom? Tiffany seemed different”

“Tiffany is different now. But she used to be much, much worse”

“You’re right. She changed from top to bottom. The woman with us right now is different. She’s sweet and gentle. She loves us. She helped you get dressed and do your hair. She loves Jessica-unnie. She’d die for Seobaby. Even her food changed.”

“Have you ever thought of her not being really Tiffany?” Sunny asked.

“Mom, what are you saying?”

“The one living with us, is not the same Tiffany that left us a few months ago”

“You mean… mom, don’t tell me it’s the drink talking”

“No honey. I’ve been noticing a lot of things. Her speech, her walk, her talk, her personality... Her tics. And that’s if we did believe that she underwent face surgery.”

“What you’re saying is dangerous mom”

“When she was doing my make up that time, I saw something weird.”

“On her?”

“About her. When she was helping, she was really excited. She went out to get dressed and then called me. I went to see what she needed. When I arrived, she asked me to help with her zipper. And that’s when I saw it. Tiffany used to have a tattoo on the small of her back. She always used to tell me to get one too. But when I came to zip her dress, it was nowhere to be found. This Tiffany doesn’t have a tattoo. And that’s when I made sure”

“Who would she be then?!”

“I don’t know. I got scared. I didn’t know what to do.”

“How come Jessica-unnie didn’t notice?”

“Hm, your Jessica-unnie hasn’t touched her in over two years.”

“Mom, what you’re saying is unbelievable.”

“And what’s worse is that the bad one is gone and the good one is here.”

“What are we going to do?”

“I don’t know, Yoong.”

---

“How’s life outside of the villa?” Yuri asked coming in Jessica’s office.

“How’s life in the villa?” the blonde shot back.

“Your Dad is doing fine. He’s preoccupied with the upcoming results though”

“Taeyeon and Sunny?”

“The tension lessened between your father and them. Let’s review some things” at that moment, the phone rang.

“Yes?...Let her in!” Jessica said excited.

“Who is it?”

“You’ll see” Tiffany then came in.

“Hey baby” She said kissing Jessica on the cheek. The phone rang again as she sat on the desk.

“What now?...Alright, I’m coming” Jessica got her blazer as she had to get out to greet an important guest.

“Excuse me. It’ll be just a minute.” she said before going out. Tiffany sat on Jessica’s chair.

“You look good on that chair.” Yuri noted.

“Thanks. But the proper owner is even better in it”

“So how are things going?”

“Concerning what?”

“Right ‘chuckle’. Concerning what… Did you notice that since the accident we never sat alone like this?”

“Sat alone to do what?”

“To do…don’t you think you’re going too far, Tiffany?” Yuri said as she walked to Tiffany.

“…”

“You’re doing very well. ‘Hi baby’. That’s better than I ever expected your acting could be. We have time… soon we’ll sit alone and have that small talk. After all, it’s almost over

“Was I gone too long?” Jessica asked coming in.

“Not at all. I was just telling her to get off your seat” Yuri said with a fake smile.

“She can sit wherever she wants. She’s my wife, my baby” Jessica said as she held Tiffany’s hand.

“I have to go”

“So soon?”

“I have to go see Seohyun and get some stuff for the loft. I’ll see you tonight” Tiffany left after pecking Jessica on the lips. When she got downstairs and entered her car, she huffed in frustration. ‘Yuri? Really?’

---

“Hello!! Ms. Tiffany, how are you?” Hana asked.

“Where is Seohyun?”

“She’s with her grandparents. They went out a little”

“I see”

“You ok Miss? You look pale”

“Can you get me some water?”

“Of course” the housekeeper then went to one of the cabinets.

“What do you know about Kwon Yuri?” Tiffany asked.

“Don’t tell me you still have a blank” the housekeeper said getting the water.

“I’m just kidding. But since when do you guys know her?”

“Is there something wrong? Did she bother you with something?”

“Why is she the one responsible for the presidency project, not Taeyeon?”

“I don’t know honestly. But she’s a childhood friend of Jessica and Taeyeon. And everyone in the house agreed on making her the project director. But…if I remember correctly, you were there when they took the decision!”

“I know. But I don’t know her history”

“History? What history?”

“Tiffany’s here?” Sunny asked a little too happy coming the kitchen.

“You won’t believe if I told you we were about to visit you”

“Why?”

“Come with me. We’ll talk with Yoong in my bedroom” Sunny dragged her upstairs as Hana looked at them with a shocked expression.

‘What in the world is happening?!’

---

“Yoong! Come see who came over!” Sunny called once she was in her room with her sister in law.

“Tiffany-unnie!! We were just talking about visiting you!”

“How are you Yoong?”

“I’m fine unnie!”

“So what did you guys want to talk about?”

“Oh nothing, we just wanted to wish you happy birthday”

“Birthday?”

“Yes! Yesterday! Don’t tell me you guys forgot to celebrate!”

“Oh, of course we did. I wish you came over, we would’ve had so much fun”

“Really? What did Jessica gift you?” Sunny asked.

“A necklace. A very nice one”

“And why aren’t you wearing it?”

“Because-”

“Because what?” Sunny asked.

“Who are you?” YoonA continued.

“Who are you Miss?” Sunny asked again.

“What do you mean who am I?”

“Tiffany’s birthday was the day she came back from Rome, after three days. The trip was her gift in other words. Your birthday was over ten months ago. Who are you? Get rid of your shirt so that I can prove you wrong if you want. So?”

---

                The same man that was spying on Bom and Tiffany in the morning, came to a coffee shop in which his employer was waiting for him.

“What happened today?” Yuri asked.

“This is a report about all I’ve seen” Yuri opened the paper and frowned.

“Choi Siwon’s house. What was she doing in Siwon’s house?”

“I have no idea ma’am”

“I see. Meeting with Park Bom, the flight attendant…go on with the plan”

“Yes Ma’am” the man left Yuri. ‘Chuckle…Park Bom and Choi Siwon want to trap you. We’ll just see about that’

---

                A detective came in the hospital asking to meet with doctor Kwon. As she came inside the office, she shook hands with the medical expert.

“Detective Choi Sooyoung”

“Nice to meet you Ma’am. Please, take a seat”

“What can I help you with today detective?”

“Miss Tiffany Jang, Jessica Jung’s wife. I’m sure you’re familiar with her”

“Of course”

“Do you have any news about her?  Since the day she left the hospital of course”

“Honestly, no”

“Is this her?” Sooyoung asked giving him a picture.

“Yes. Honestly, she’s changed since she underwent surgery because of the accident”

“Can I understand what’s happening?”

“The day of the accident, who was responsible for giving out and trying to help people recognize their deceased?” After that question, they decided to call the head of the forensic department. She came in after a call.

“Yes, doctor Kwon?”

“This is detective Choi Sooyoung.”

“Nice to meet you. I’m Kim Hyoyeon.”

“Is something wrong?” the little young doctor asked as she looked at her boss.

“You’re the one that gave Stephanie Hwang’s body to her family after the accident?” the detective asked.

“Wow, that was over ten months ago…Eum, yes I think so”

“What do you mean?”

“Well, the ones that took the body away were Choi Siwon and Lee Donghae.”

“Choi Siwon from the TV station?”

“Yes”

“He was the one that recognised the body?”

“Yes. Honestly, the body was too burned; they were only able to recognise the woman from a necklace she was holding in her hand.”

“In her hand or on her neck?”

“No in her hand. Is there something wrong Miss Choi?”

“And Tiffany Jang, you admitted her in the hospital”

“Yes”

“What did Stephanie have other than the necklace?”

“Eum stuff she was wearing. A diamond necklace, a watch, and earrings.”

“Diamonds?”

“I think so”

“Why do you remember the accessories this well?”

“While we were getting them from the body, the subordinate noticed how fancy they looked.”

“Thanks for the info”

“Why is it that after all this while, you guys are still working on the case?” Doctor Kwon asked.

“When it’s clearer, I’ll inform you doctor Kwon. Thanks for the information. I hope our meeting remains low”

“Of course.” With that, Sooyoung came out of the hospital. She came into the black jeep that was waiting for her.

“So?” a man that looked way too similar to the one that was at the party in the restaurant a few weeks ago asked.

“Something is wrong”

“Which means?”

“How can a reporter in the station have a diamond necklace, diamond earrings and a diamond watch?”

“What if they’re fake?”

“No, they told me they were just a little black from the smoke. If they were fake, they would’ve burned more or even melted.” With that, they drove away.

---

“…And this is my story. Since the moment I first talked to Tiffany and Seohyun on the plane” Tiffany finished.

“How can you do all this?” Suny asked her shocked.

“So you believe me?”

“And Jessica never noticed?” Yoona asked as well.

“Not yet. But that depends on whether or not you’re going to tell her”

“How are we supposed to believe that there’s someone after her life?”

“The paper that I found under my pillow. I have it with me” Tiffany gave Sunny the sheet.

“In the first place, I thought it was Taeyeon”

“Taeyeon worships Jessica!”

“That’s why I took him out of the picture. Then I thought about Yuri. Her words today scared me”

“Why would Yuri want to kill Jessica-unnie?” YoonA asked.

“The same words on the paper, she said them to me today. She also said that it was almost over.”

“What if she meant the presidency?”

“But why Yuri? She’s the project’s director” Tiffany asked confused.

“Maybe she’s jealous of Jessica. Or Taeyeon. Yuri was poor when a child. Dad was the one that made sure she got a proper education and made it somewhere” Sunny answered.

“What do you want us to do? Honestly, I’m terrified” Tiffany asked. Sunny reached for her arms.

“Did you fall for Jessica?” She asked as she had a slight mischievous look.

“I fell for her. And I love Seohyun. And I loved every single one of you. I knew the truth couldn’t stay hidden for long. I always thought Jessica was the one to catch me. But you did first”

“Didn’t Jessica-unnie ever notice the lack of tattoo?” YoonA asked.

“She didn’t notice. She never saw my back. Anyways, the real problem is…why is Tiffany like this? Why did she marry her if she wanted to kill her? How come Taeyeon introduced them five years ago? So that means the plan has been going on for five years. Why? What was her mission exactly? And why would Yuri want to kill her and bring pain upon her parents?”

“When I asked him how he met Tiffany, Taeyeon said that she applied at their office.” Sunny explained.

“Someone’s after the job application. Do you think it’s Yuri?”

“I don’t know. I’m lost”

“What now? Do you want to tell the truth?”

“What?! We’ll all die! No, this has to remain a secret between us. We can help you find out why Yuri is doing this”

“I just want to proof that she went to Rome two days before my plane. Her name is nowhere on the list of passengers that day.”

“I can make sure!!” YoonA said remembering something.

“How?”

“Her passport remains in her office always!”

“Great! Look for a stamp!” Sunny said.

“I’ll check today Unnie!”

“Unnie? Still calling me Unnie?”

“You’re worth a thousand times more to be my Unnie”

“Few…now I finally feel safe over Taeyeon” Sunny said.

“Meaning?”

“Meaning that you’re the nice Tiffany. The other one terrified her daughter, hated her husband and made all men run after her” they heard a knock on the door.

“Tiffany?” Julia asked as she saw her youngest daughter in law.

“Mom, Tiffany is coming back. And nobody will ever leave again!” Sunny said excited.

“I’ll go call Sica-unnie and tell her to bring your luggage back!” YoonA ran excited.

“Mom, where is Seohyun?”

“She stayed playing with theneighboor’s kids outside a little.”

“I need to talk to you, Mom”

“Excuse me” Sunny left the room feeling the need for privacy.

“I apologize if I was the reason behind a problem in the house”

“…I have a question.”

“And I have a thousand answers. Go ahead mom”

“Look Tiffany, I used to see the tears in my daughter’s eyes. Now I see a spark. Her lips used to stay upside down. Now she can’t stop smiling like an idiot. And you’re the reason. In both cases”

“I’ll only be the reason for the second case then.”

“How much can I trust you when I have your folder?”

“What folder?”

“Your folder, your history. But I can’t open my mouth because of my daughter. Look Tiffany, if something in you really changed, I’ll cherish you like my daughter. But if you were playing another game, I swear to god, I’ll choke you myself.”

“A folder of what?”

“I’ll burn every trail, if you can make my daughter happy”

“Just tell me; what folder?”

“I see. So you’re going to play it stupid-”

“Where’s my youngest girl?” Tony said as he came in. She hugged him immediately.

“I miss you dad”

---

“Cheers to the family” Tony made a toast. He noticed Sunny smiling at Taeyeon.

“Sunny, you drink for no reason. Now you won’t drink when there’s all the reason in the world?” he noted.

“It’s because I’m too happy. So I’ll drink something out of the ordinary; water.”

“Wow, now I’m lost between the siblings and the sisters. Cheers to Tony-appa and Julia-umma. And to Jessica’s presidency very soon” Yuri said.

“Where’s YoonA” Tiffany asked.

“She’s in the office. She’s finishing some stuff”

“Cheers to YoonA then” she exchanged some known glances with Sunny.

“I see you’re very excited Yul. Is Sooyeon close to the ultimate goal?” Tony asked.

“No, she’s not close. I can assure you that Jessica already made it, right now, already!”

“Great! Great!” Julia then ran to the kitchen.

“I feel like my heart is about to fly. This is the very first time I see my family this happy, sitting and eating with each other” she said to Hana, who came to sit with her at the table.

“And the envelope?”

“I swear I’ll get rid of it if it means that she changed. I told her so”

“How can you do this Mrs. Julia?!”

“She looks like she completely changed her ways after the accident. I don’t care anymore.”

“Let’s hope she means well. I don’t feel very safe though”

“Why not?”

“We both know it’s too good to be true. Besides, we’re almost sure she’s someone else”

“Hana-ssi!”

“Come on! There’s no point in denying anymore. She asked me today about Yuri, although she knows her very well. And you saw her writing with her right hand!”

“Hello!!” YoonA said entering the kitchen from the backdoor.

“Hi Sweetie!”

“What’s wrong granny? You look pale”

“It’s nothing honey”

“Let’s ask YoonA” Hana proposed.

“What’s wrong?”

“Didn’t you notice that Tiffany might not be Tiffany?” Hana asked before YoonA burst laughing.

“Didn’t you guys know?” she asks.

“What?”

“Turns out she was Jessica-unnie” they rolled their eyes and kicked her out of the kitchen.

“Am I late for dinner?” YoonA came in and sat next to Tiffany. When the others got into a conversation, Tiffany asked.

“So?”

“She travelled to Rome ten months ago and came two days later”

“That means she came back when she heard of the accident” she looked at Sunny who asked through her eyes. Both of them slightly nodded their heads.