Why haven't you killed her?!

Stranger

 

“Go Hana-ssi. Go help them at the ex-president’s house. The driver’s waiting for you downstairs” the woman left the father-daughter alone.

“Something wrong? Why aren’t you with them, dad?”

“I came back to see you”

“I …euh…I was just fixing some stuff I found in the closet and-” Tony caught her hand and looked her dead in the eye.

“Why didn’t you kill her yet?” Tiffany’s eyes widened.

“What are you waiting for? The elections are over. She’s president. What are you waiting for?!”

“...”

“I asked you a question, Tiffany Liu! Tiffany Jang! Tiffany Jung! Not important! These are all names I got for you so that you complete your mission! Answer me!!”

“…”

“You liked the game? You want to stay as her wife?”

“…”

“Wasn’t what I’ve done for you five years ago enough? When I saved you from the police? When I changed your life…I made you into the respected lady you are today! I let you marry Jessica! Do you need more money!?”

“…”

“You already got five million! And the promise was that after her death, you’ll get the other five! When will you get rid of her? WHEN?!”

“I don’t know” Tiffany was finally able to say.

“How can you not?! Yuri got scared and got away. She ran away! But you didn’t! When I chose you, you were strong. You were daring!”

“I know but-”

“But what?! I put you in her way so that you crush her! So that you tame her! So that you turn her life into a living hell! You got Seohyun; I let it pass. You got pregnant again, but you got rid of it. Good, she lost it when she found out you aborted. I got you married so that I can see her suffering before my eyes!!”

“I wasn’t very fond of-”

“Not important!! Who the hell are you to tell me what you think is right or wrong?! I got you married, so that you kill her! So that she and her mother, pay the price!! Her mother, the traitor, fell in love with Daniel Jung! My son of a of a cousin! She got pregnant with his child!” Tony went crazy, but he was unaware that downstairs, Jessica and Julia were in Daniel’s car listening to every word. Jessica was in a state of complete shock. Her hands were shaking and her eyes turned blurry.

“You’re the little insect that I made human! You’re trying to change my plans!?” with that, Jessica has had enough of listening. She ran inside as fast as she can, her heart hammering against her chest. She got upstairs with her rightful parents trailing desperately behind her.

“Why you little-” Tony was about to slap Tiffany as Jessica arrived.

“Dad!!”

“Jessi, please get out!!” Tiffany ran to Jessica. She clung to her arm. Jessica’s eyes were filled with pain.

“I…I’m not your daughter?” the blonde asked afraid.

“…”

“You…Y.You wanted to kill me? Y.You were in with Tiffany to kill me?”

“…”

“Tell me you’re lying, daddy… T.tell me what you said was false, a lie, a NIGHTMARE!” at that moment, Tony got out a gun. Jessica pulled Tiffany behind her, although the redhead was trying to push herself through.

“No it wasn’t. Nobody moves! She didn’t dare to kill you? I will! Your mother, the traitor has to-”

“Has to what, Tony?!” Julia asked as she came in with Daniel.

“Daniel? Daniel in my house? With his lover! Great! It’s perfect! You can witness the death of your daughter right before your eyes! I told you in the hospital that her parent’s hearts have to break, seeing their daughter die in front of them! This is her mother. And that’s her father!”

“Tony, stop the foolishness. You knew the situation” Daniel tried.

“All I know is that all traitors should die! But what’s best is that your daughter hurts before your eyes so that you die slowly from the pain! I raised her thinking you were dead all along, you son of a ! But you were alive all this time! I knew you were! But I won’t let you get away with this! All of you! Tiffany didn’t kill her, I will!” Julia ran to her husband.

“Kill me! But let Sooyeon go!” Tony pushed Julia to the side.

“This is the best moment of my life!” Tony pulled the trigger. Daniel charged at him. Tiffany was finally able to pass through and hugged Jessica.

“STEPHANIE!!!” Jessica yelled as she noticed what just happened.

“Who’s Stephanie?” Tony asked confused as the gun lied on the ground with Daniel holding him in place. He then soon joined the metal object on the ground, as he felt the tug on his chest and the weird feeling in his left arm intensifying.

                Everybody waited afraid in front of the OR. Sunny and Julia had dried tears on their faces. Taeyeon was between his mother and wife, trying to reassure them. Jessica sat on the ground, hugging her knees, unable to stop hers. She stared into the blank as the scene of Stephanie getting shot in front of her replayed in her head over and over again. Finally a doctor came out. She jumped on her feet as she looked at him. All he did was smile.

“She’s fine. The bullet hit the left shoulder, but we were able to get it out. No need to worry. She was able to survive a plane crash. A bullet won’t kill her” Jessica let out a breath. She then jumped on her feet.

“Can I go see her?”

“The nurses are just fixing her room. I’d say you’ll be able to visit in about ten minutes. One of them will come out and tell you to follow her to your wife’s room, Ms. Jung” she then offered a polite smile to the doctor as she sat back down. She could hear her mother thanking the Lord and her family sighing in relief. She smiled sadly. She felt incompetent and stupid all along. She just hoped Stephanie could forgive her.

                As promised, a nurse came out soon after. She asked of the family to follow her to Stephanie’s room. She also begged of them to not be loud and to visit one by one. They all agreed to let Jessica in first.

The blonde dashed into the room. She looked at Stephanie with adoration. She sat on the chair next to her and reached out for her face. She caressed her cheek softly, afraid of waking her up. It was late. It has been a long day. She waited for hours in the same position until she fell asleep, still holding the redhead’s hand. Sometime during the night, she felt the redhead stirring in her sleep. She looked up.

“S.Steph?” she asked afraid of bothering the girl. Tiffany opened her eyes slowly and tried to focus.

“Where am I?” Tiffany asked with a hoarse voice. Jessica smiled a little.

“In my heart” Jessica leaned and kissed Tiffany’s forehead. Tiffany looked at Jessica confused. The blonde then sat back down and offered another sweet smile.

“Get some more rest. I know you’re tired. We’ll talk later” and as if on cue, Stephanie closed her eyes once more and dozed off.