I hate losing

Stranger

“Yes, I’m your father. And I’m saying this in front of all of you, except Taeyeon who’s next to his dad right now. But please, keep in your mind that your mother is the most respectful lady I’ve ever met. Julia was my first love, my only love. She loved me too. That was way before the big hotshot meddled with our lives and stole her away from me. I was from the poor side of the family. And she was weaker than going against her parent’s wishes. He had everything. She got married to him and they got Taeyeon. He was so high and mighty; he actually left your mother when your brother was only seven” Daniel started explaining to everyone in Tiffany’s room.

“The truth was, he left home because there was another lady that caught his eye. He tried his luck like any other time with another woman, but this time, she was actually able to keep him for a good year.” Julia continued.

“And that’s when I came back. I came back to make sure that the love of my life was doing well. Never did she or I have the will of getting back what we used to have. But then, we got weak when we saw each other”

“And how did da…how did he accept your pregnancy, mom?” the blonde asked.

“He wanted to kill the one in my womb, you. And get rid of me too.”

“Until I died” Daniel helped.

“Died?”

“I spread a rumor about my death and I travelled”

“Tony, because he’s from a big, renowned family, accepted to raise the one in my belly, since the real father was dead. But I didn’t know that he was raising you to kill you. Raising you, making you succeed so that one day, he could end your life before my eyes. So that I pay for my mistake” Julia explained.

“So he was the one that introduced Tiffany to Taeyeon” Stephanie noted.

“Taeyeon didn’t know about any of this though. She really did apply for a job at the office” Sunny tried.

“It was during the same time that Tony found out the truth. That’s when he revised this plan of his with the help of Yuri, who only accepted because of her situation. Of course without forgetting Tiffany. There was no doubt that Tiffany was ready to do anything to end her mission. After all, she even had Seohyun, despite her not having a speck of feelings for Jessica”

“Yuri admitted?” YoonA asked.

“Yes, she did. And that’s when I made sure that Tony was the only one left that would want to kill Sooyeon, since she wasn’t his daughter.” Daniel answered.

“How come Jessica and Mrs. Julia were with you in the car when I was talking to Tony?” Stephanie asked.

“When I found out about your real identity and the conspiracy about Sooyeon’s supposed murder, I was always on the watch of Tony. When I noticed he wasn’t with us anymore at the ex-president’s house, I immediately called Daniel. Fortunately, he was near” Julia explained.

“We knew he would act on his own, since Yuri got arrested. And good enough, the moment they got in the car with me, the device started to work at its fullest.”

“So who are you? Other than being Jessi’s dad?”

“I’m an Executive director at the Interpol”

“And when you came back to Seoul, did Mom know about this?” Sunny asked.

“I knew. And I told him that the danger was now present more than before. I never even thought about his plan of killing the daughter he raised for so many years as his own”

“He always made me feel more special that Taeyeon” Jessica said lowly.

“It was all a game, so that he’ll get doubtful eyes away.”

“The threatening YoonA received was a play to get us thinking elsewhere…And if it wasn’t for this stranger ‘looks at Tiffany’, my daughter would’ve died by now”

“I did what I thought was right”

“No! You did it cause you loved me” Jessica said childishly, almost sounding like a brat. She then looked at the others.

“Everyone out” when they were given privacy, Jessica looked at Tiffany trying to hide a grin.

“When I’m better, I’ll leave” Stephanie said breaking the eye contact.

“You saved my life twice” the blonde noted.

“You did too”

“No. That’s not true”

“Yes it is!”

“Anyway, that’s not our problem now.”

“What is?”

“I like to win”

“And you did. You got to presidency and you definitely didn’t lose your life”

“But I did” Jessica looked like a little kid that done wrong.

“You’re alive Jessica…”

“And yet I lost”

“What are you talking about?”

“I lost you. I’m sorry” Tiffany finally understood. She looked into the cat like eyes and chuckled when she saw the most innocent look.

“You didn’t. I’m right here”

“You mean-”

“I won’t leave unless you want me to”

“…Marry me then”

“Yah! Is that how you propose?!”

“Marry me!”

“…”

“Steph?” Jessica got scared when she saw the look on Tiffany’s face.

“I’m afraid. All the people I’ve loved have died. I don’t want to lose you” Jessica smiled as the redhead caressed her cheek.

“I don’t like losing. And I’m not going to start now. I told you to marry me. And that’s an order”

“At least kneel and get a ring!” Again, someone had to ruin the moment; Siwon came in with a bouquet of flowers. Tiffany got an even better idea to tease.

“They told me I shouldn’t come in, but I couldn’t help myself. I needed to see you, Baby Hwang”

“Here’s my brother. Ask for my hand then” Tiffany said. Jessica looked confused.

“What are you guys talking about? I don’t hand my girl just to anyone! Besides, marriage is only a paper. I need someone to love and cherish this brat, not just marry her!”

“Heard him?” Tiffany teased. Jessica just looked at the both of them, then grinned.

“I LOVE HER!” they got startled by the blonde’s loud, bratty, nasally voice.

“Jessi what-”

“I LOVE YOU STEPHANIE HWANG! I’M CRAZY ABOUT YOU!”

“Alright Jessi this is a hospital-” Tiffany started to regret trying to have fun. She tried reaching for Jessica to make her sit down and shut up, but the blonde only moved to the door, opened it and yelled again.

“I WANT TO MARRY YOU AND SPOIL YOU FOR THE REST OF MY DAYS!!! AND I SWEAR TO GOD I’LL NEVER DOUBT YOU AGAIN!” Siwon ran to her and pulled her back inside.

“Alright Sica, you made your point” he said embarrassed.

                About an hour later, Siwon thought it was enough for a visit, since Stephanie still looked a little dazed. He decided to leave the redhead to rest. He greeted them goodbye and headed out. Jessica closed the door behind his back.

“So?” the blonde said walking to Tiffany’s side.

“What?” the redhead answered in a soft voice.

“Are you going to answer me?”

“About what?”

“I asked you a question earlier” Jessica turned red.

“Which one?” Tiffany was seriously clueless.

“About…eum…Dammit! Where did I get the confidence from before?!” the blonde mumbled frustrated.

“…oh!! That!” the redhead finally understood as she finally remembered what her love was talking about.

“…so?

“Why don’t you come and sit next to me to find out my answer?” Jessica was confused. She walked closer to Tiffany and noticed the redhead trying to move a little to the right side of the bed. Her pained expression gave her discomfort away.

“Hey! Easy, what are you doing?” Jessica asked as she freaked seeing Stephanie in pain.

“Just help me!” The blonde couldn’t help but carry the younger a little to move her.

“Thanks”

“Now what? I don’t see how that answers my question”

“Now you sit next to me” Stephanie patted the mattress. The blonde did as she was told. The younger clung unto her arm.

“Close your eyes”

“What for?” Jessica was confused.

“Just do it!”

“Ok!” she did as she was told. Stephanie’s face turned into a grin. She was about to answer a question with a simple kiss, when the door burst open and a little carbon copy of Jessica came running inside.

“MOMMY!!! MOMMY!!”

“Aigoo! Seohyun-ie, don’t run like this again!!” Hana said as she looked up embarrassed at the two young parents.

“I’m sorry Miss Jessica, Miss Stephanie. I lost her for a second and she just barged in. She wanted to see you badly, Miss Hwang”

“Hana-ssi, please. I need to talk with Stephanie” Jessica asked, trying to sound as polite as possible when she was dying to know what Tiffany wanted to say.

“NO!! UMMA DON’T BE MEAN! YOU SAW MOMMY ALREADY! I WANT TO SEE HER TOO!!” As the little one finished, she once again slipped from the hands of the housekeeper and ran fast, only to jump on Tiffany. The redhead hissed in pain; Hana ran to get the kid, while Jessica glared at Seohyun.

“Seohyun, listen to Hana-ssi. I need to talk with mommy. You’ll see her later” the blonde said in a cold voice that sent chills down everyone’s spine in the room. Seohyun’s eyes filled with tears. Her lips started quivering. Stephanie noticed immediately.

“It’s ok Jessi. She can stay. Come honey” she ushered the young one to come close. Seohyun hesitantly stepped closer, still tearing up.

“I’ll be outside Misses” Hana excused herself. Seohyun climbed on the bed and looked at Stephanie’s face. She then looked at Jessica and the tears came back. Noticing the small one’s reaction, Tiffany looked next to her and found Jessica still glaring. She brought Seohyun on her lap.

“Jessi, don’t scare her like that. It was an accident”

“…”

“Jessi” Tiffany threatened with her own death glare. The blonde finally came back, as she felt fear creeping inside of her seeing Tiffany’s own scary look for the first time.

“Don’t worry baby. Umma was a little mad because I was a little in pain” Tiffany tried to explain, looking into Seohyun’s eyes.

You were in pain?” the little one asked, tears close.

“Yes, but now I’m fine honey! No need to cry, ok?”

“You sure?”

“Of course I am!” Tiffany then turned to Jessica and shot another glare. “Say something” she threatened under her breath.

“…I’m sorry Seobaby. It’s just, your mommy looked in pain and I was talking to her and you came in suddenly. It’s disrespectful to cut somebody’s conversation. And it’s worse when you hurt them.”

“I’m sorry” Seohyun answered ashamed.

“It’s ok, honey. You’re forgiven. Umma is just over reacting because she didn’t get an answer yet”

“An answer for what?” the kid asked innocently.

“…She asked me if we could go to Keroro Land for a vacation” Jessica looked at Tiffany in horror.

“WAHH!!! REALLY?! ARE WE GOING THERE!? I ALWAYS WANTED TO GO BUT UMMA ALWAYS SAID NO!!”

“Well, I promise I’ll make your Umma take us there”

“YEY!!!....Mommy?”

“Yes honey?”

“I need to go pee-pee”

“Alright, go and tell your Granny or Auntie Hana, you little brat” Jessica said annoyed.

“Ok” Seohyun jumped on her feet and ran outside.

“Keroro Land? Seriously Tiff?! KERORO LAND?!”

“What? It’s perfect for her birthday…”

“She’ll go crazy over everything there! I mean, you know better than anyone how spoiled she gets when it’s about that damn character!”

“So what? It can’t be that bad. You saw how excited she got”

“I know I can buy her as much toys as she wants, but I still can’t buy and international amusement park just to get her satisfied!”

“Oh come on Jessi! I’m sure Seohyun-ie is more mature than asking for something like that!”

“Yeah right-!” Before Jessica was able to finish her argument, she was silenced by the pair of lips she missed for the last couple of days.

“Either way, the answer for your request is yes” the blonde opened her eyes surprised. Forgetting everything about the disaster that Seohyun might cause because of Keroro, her face grew into a grin. She then crashed her lips once again unto her future wife’s lips.

---

A few days later, when Tiffany got discharged and was on her way out of the hospital with Jessica clinging unto her waist, they noticed Taeyeon waiting in front of his dad’s door in the hospital. Jessica looked at her brother and finally hugged him.

“I love you, Sica” Taeyeon said ruffling her hair.

“You’re my brother. Of course you do”

“You still consider me as your bro?”

“Of course. The same dad raised us. And you know I’m better than forgetting someone as important as him, even after all that happened…I forgive him” Tiffany was clinging unto Jessica, since the blonde was helping her walk.

“Me too” the redhead said.

“He’s dying inside”

“Tell him… tell him that Jessica doesn’t hate him”

“Jessica can’t hate anybody” Tiffany noted.

“I’m sorry for every wrong act that came out of me towards you” Taeyeon said to the redhead, looking as guilty as ever.

“You’re my wife’s brother. So you’re my brother too.” She leaned in to hug the not-so-tall man. With that, they promised to see each other for dinner and made their way out. Before they were completely out of the hospital’s doors, the doctor saw them.

“Good to see you doing well, Ms. Tiffany”

“Thank you doctor. I’m going to ask you to reserve a room for me though” Tiffany answered.

“Why?” the medical expert asked confused.

“Well, the first time was a plane accident. The second was a bullet. There’s no promises I won’t get crushed by a bus for example when I get out of this hospital in a few seconds. So just in case. Who knows?”

“Yes, doc. Please reserve the room” Tiffany looked at Jessica with her eye brows raised. The blonde looked back and motioned with her hands on her belly. Tiffany blushed and dragged her wife outside as the doctor laughed and went back to work.

----

a/n: I know some of you were hoping that the story continued a little further, but it was written of the sort to end right here. I didn't want empty chapters and writer's block to kick in after this. Anyways, anybody for Jeti drama fic next? (P.S. I only write Jeti as a main couple) 

Until next time guys ;)